Chapter 2

❣ Change Of Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A family dinner? Are you kidding me?” You turned around and looked at him. He was still looking as relaxed as he had done before he had told you. It didn’t seem like a big deal to him but introducing your new ‘girlfriend’ to your whole family was something big right? You looked at him as he leaned against the counter and looked at you with a serious expression. How could he be so cool about all of this. “You better get dresses, getting late is not a good first impression.” Then you finally saw the small smile on his face and you stepped forwards and slapped his arm. “You’re teasing me!” You snorted and he just chuckled as he rubbed the spot you just hit. He shrugged and pointed towards your room, telling you to get ready. “I promised I’d be nice right? Well this is the start.” You hated the grin he showed you and you actually felt like hitting him again but instead you shook your head and pointed towards the couch. “I’ll be back in thirty minutes.” You said and he rolled his eyes at you but didn’t say anything before waling over to the couch and sitting down. 

 

 

It was his own fault that he had to wait for this long, if he had called you yesterday or a few hours before you would have been prepared. Now you were wearing a sweatpants and a weird top, your hair was a mess and you weren’t wearing any make up. That party was in less than an hour and not only did you still have to prepare yourself physically, you also still have to prepare yourself mentally. how did normal girls feel if they were about to meet their boyfriend’s parents for the first time at a family dinner? Family dinners were always such a big and important event, which made you feel even more nervous. You shook your head as you walked towards the bathroom and decided that you had to take a quick shower first. The hot water would make you able to relax more, but you knew it wouldn’t help much. As soon as you were done you wrapped a towel around you and you did your make up. You didn’t put on to much, just a thin layer, you didn’t want them to think you were ordinary or something. After that you went into your room and searched for the right dress. You didn’t want it to be too classy, but you didn’t want it to be informal. You decided to go with your red dress that reached just above your knees and then combined it with your black pumps. 

 

 

Then you still had to figure out what to do with your hair and just decided to put a soft wave in it. Then you checked out the final picture into the mirror and you were quite satisfied. Normally you would have needed more time but since Baekhyun didn’t give you any, this was the best you would do. You flipped your hair back as you took your purse and walked back downstairs. “I’m done.” You said as you leaned against the kitchen counter and watched Baekhyun as he looked at the TV. “That was about time, why does it always take this long if girls…” His voice faded as he turned his eyes away from the screen and towards you. He needed a few seconds before he was able to recover himself but he couldn’t help the fact that his cheeks became pink as he lifted his eyes from your legs back towards the TV. “You look nice.” He eventually said and you smirked at him, feeling as if you had won this battle. “Thank you.” You giggled and you saw how he rolled his eyes at your words. You watched how he stood up from the couch and walked over to you while his shirt so that there were no wrinkles in it. 

 

 

“Are you ready to go?” He asked and you nodded, there was nothing more you could do to fix yourself up. In return he nodded as well and he pointed towards the door, it was time to go. The last thing you wanted was getting late, this was the first time you were going to meet his parents and you didn’t want to make a bad first impression. But Baekhyun didn’t say anything as he walked behind you towards the front door. After you had opened it you waited outside for him so you could lock the door behind him. He walked over towards his car and just like always there was nothing romantic between the two of you. He didn’t open the door for you, he didn’t wait for you at the car until you had gotten it, he just walked over to his side and sat behind the wheel. You sighed as you locked everything and walked over to his car. It was a nice one and you suddenly weren’t very sure what to expect from Baekhyun’s parents. Were they rich? Your parents had enough money to buy you two cars but that didn’t mean they actually gave you one. It was clear that Baekhyun didn’t have to support his own finances, because he didn’t have a job so he would never be able to pay for this car by himself. 

 

 

He saw you looking as you got into the car and pulled the door close behind you. “It was a gift for my eighteenth birthday.” He explained and clearly watched your facial expression as he said it. You nodded slowly and with this your thoughts were confirmed and suddenly you felt stupid that you hadn’t chosen for the classy dress. You looked down on yourself and wondered if you still had some time to change your outfit but you knew there wasn’t. What if they would think that you weren’t good enough for their son? They would probably accuse you of using him for his money or something. In your head you were thinking of all the things that could go wrong tonight and they all frightened you, one even more than the other. “You’ll be fine! You look great and if you be yourself than they’ll like you.” He said and tried to sound nice as he patted your hand softly. You smiled at him but you knew he could see that it hadn’t worked. He sighed and looked at you for a few more seconds before starting the engine and driving off. 

 

 

The closer you got towards your destination the more your heart seemed to race inside of your chest. You had no idea who these people were, no idea what their interests were and no idea what they did for a living. Baekhyun and you had never even talked about his parents before so you didn’t even know how they had met or how old they were. You didn’t even know what kind of relationship they had with their son. But since they did throw a family party and he was invited than at least it was better than your relationship with your own parents. Your parents never hosted a family party, which was a good thing because it probably wouldn’t turn out very well. “Are you nervous?” Baekhyun suddenly asked and as you looked over to him you could see that his hands were clamping the wheel and that he seemed tense. He was just as nervous as you were because you both knew that if you would mess this up then it would be over. Tonight he would have to show his parents that he had changed and that he had decided to give into them and that he wanted to stay a part of this family. Maybe they would question you about their son, maybe they wanted you to tell them everything you knew about him and his boyfriend, or in their eyes ex-boyfriend. 

 

 

If you would have to tell those people that the guy he had dated was your best friend then they would immediately sent you away so maybe it was better if you would keep that to yourself. Even better, maybe it would be for the best if you would just try and avoid that topic and would talk about something else. There was a chance that's parents wouldn’t bring it up right? “How did they react when you told them you had a girlfriend?” You asked, ignoring his question because you were sure that he knew you were very nervous. You didn’t understand why you were feeling like this, after all you weren’t his real girlfriend so you actually shouldn’t be caring about what they would think of you. “They were very happy, in fact that were euphoric.” His voice sounded bitter when he said that and you nodded, understanding why he was feeling like that. It wasn’t very nice to know that your parents were happy if you had a girlfriend but wanted to kick you out of the family after finding out you had kissed a boy. At least that was one good thing for you, maybe they would cut you some slack now that you had decided to date his son. they were happy that you were coming tonight because they really wanted to see who their son was dating and that was something. 

 

 

“Do you think they’ll like me?” You asked, remembering that Baekhyun didn’t like you at all. If his parents had the same taste in girls and personalities than maybe this wouldn’t end very well. He eyed you before turning his head again and pointing his eyes on the road. “I think so, believe it or not but I think that for my parents I couldn’t have picked any better than you. You’re a nice person, always take a step back and think about other people their feelings first. You’re a good students, you always score very high and I believe that you’re planning to go to university?” That last thing was a question and he shot you a questioning look before you nodded convincingly. What he said was true and you wondered how he could possibly know all of these things about you. Had he actually paid attention to your behavior the past couple of months or had he asked his boyfriend for some advise about you? “Tell this to them and they’ll love you.” He said with a smile but there was something about his smile that told you more than he had thought it would. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter