002

My name is Kai

“Stop touching me!” Sehun cried his lungs out as he clutched his hair. It has been an exact one week since he walked in the house and all the touches doesn’t stop ever since day one. Instead, it was getting frequent day by day. He tried to call for Chanyeol’s help but how long is he gonna be relying on Chanyeol? The other won’t always be there when he needs help. He got his own life too to take care of. “P-please..” He sobbed, chest rising up and down as tears trickled down his cheeks.

Tud tud tud

He was caught frozen on his spot, listening closely to the sound of footsteps outside of his bedroom. It has always been touches before this, nothing more than that. So this one really caught him by surprise. He shut his eyes as tight as he can to be prepared for the worst possible things. Much to his own surprise, he felt that featherly touch again against his skin, it smoothly glided down his cheeks and stop just right down his chin before his head were raised, it was not forced. It felt so gentle and Sehun can’t help but to lean on the touch, but he didn’t open his eyes though, still afraid of the reality.

“My name is Kai...” A voice whispered, it was so low that he almost couldn’t make out what IT was trying to say. The touch disappeared as soon as the voice entered his ears and he snapped his eyes open. The room was so silent but the door was widely open. He’s panting hard again, raising his trembling hands to cupped his own cheeks, the tears was already dried. His eyes diverted to the wall clock and it shows 2:35 in the morning, he sighed and walked down to the kitchen. Grabbing a cup of cold water to cool down the heat that were starting to rise in his body. What in the world should he do now?

He suddenly felt like crying, felt like he need to bang his head over a rock hard metal to bring back his sense. Did the memory turned him to be a mad man like this or is it really because of this place? He perked up his head that instant and glanced over at the stove, to where the knives were stacked at their place. He slowly limped over to the stove and pulled out a long kitchen knife from the rack. He stared down at that thing before dragging in a deep breath and. . .

. . .and the knife flew away from his grip. The sharp object hit the wall and made a loud cling when it fell on the floor, he crouched down and sobbed hard.

“Don’t-“ that same low voice echoed in the kitchen, it came out almost as a hush. “-do that.”

“W-who are you?” Sehun sobbed.

“Sehun. . .” This time, IT whispered just right in his ear, Sehun went stiff on his spot. “Don’t cry…”

 

 

 

He doesn’t even remember what happened after that but he found himself in his bed the next morning, tugged perfectly under the cozy comforter. He raised his head and it was already 9:25 a.m. , he’s late for work! Totally freaked out and gobsmacked, he jumped off the bed and get to the bathroom to clean himself and dress up in a lightning speed.

 

Kai stared down the window as Sehun ran to get the cab that he just called. The taxi man seems to realize his existence up there and the middle aged guy blinked at him before drifting out of the driveway in hurry when Kai shoot an eye-piercing glare at him. He walked backward away from the window and vanished through the thin air.

 

 

 

Sehun slumped in his chair as soon as he walked in his office. Thank god he’s a high rank employee right and his boss’ favourite to be added right now, so almost all of his new co-workers don’t pay any heed when he walked in slightly late. Then, Lay who was his new secretary walked in with a bunch of files in his hands, splattering it all over the desk and Sehun knows he’ll get himself busy again which is good.

 

 

 

Yawning as loud as he can, Sehun threw his briefcase and dropped on the bed with a loud groan. The whole house were so silent that it started to creep him out. Deciding to distract himself from any possible disturbs that he already expect right now, he crouched down besides the bed and turn on the laptop to check on the newest e-mail for the latest company project.

The bell to his front door suddenly jingled and he glanced over to the clock, 12:03 a.m. Sehun shut the laptop off and immediately crawled under the comforter, totally forgetting to wash himself even after working all day long.

 

 

 

 

His body ached when he woke up since he’s been hugging his knees close to his chest like a baby in a womb all night long. Thank god it was weekend and he doesn’t have to go to work.

“Ugghh..” he groaned and gasped when the laptop he left on the floor last night were now on the table exactly right infront of his bed. His breath choked when he stared at the screen and saw a picture of himself sleeping.

Sehun ran out of his room and went straight to the attic. He pulled the stairs down and climbed up with a tear drenched cheeks. Turning over to turn the lamp on, he walked through the stack of boxes, kicking everything out of their place, creating an absolutely huge mess.

 

 

Kai was watching closely behind Sehun’s back when the other were basically throwing tantrum over the poor boxes. He wanted to talk with the younger but didn’t have enough strength to voice it out like a living person, he need a medium in order to do so. Maybe by possessing someone, so the least he could do is to touch.   

He reached his hand out and touched Sehun’s arm before the boy flinched and turned around to face him. He could tell that Sehun’s voice choked inside his throat as he stared towards his direction, unblinking.

“C-can you see me?” Kai tried his luck.

 

 

 

Sehun heard something incoherent in the room, as if someone was trying hard to talk, but he let those off since something else was catching his attention. He walked over to an old wooden box he seemed to broke just now and fell on his knees infront of it, he pulled out a small photo underneath an encyclopedia and stared at it. It was a picture of a young guy, maybe in his early 20s. Eventhough the picture had gone slightly brown-ish, but he still could tell that the guy was slightly tanned. He was clad in a black suit, leaning over an old version of Porsche while flashing a toothy smile. He glided his fingers on the photo and soon something strucked in his head. The house behind his back, he gave a closer look at the photo and the house behind him IS the same house he was living in right now. Eventhough it looks a bit different, it’s still the same house. The same sea behind it, the same shady trees around it. It’s all same. He turned the photo around and found a handwriting behind it, it almost fade away but still readable.

23/7/1998 -Kim Kai-

“My name is Kai…” Sehun recalled again that voice. He turned around and a shadowy, almost transparent figure stared down at him. they both locked their gaze and that figure flashed that same toothy smile just like in the photo.

“Kai…” Sehun whispered.