004

My name is Kai

Kai tried his best to communicate but he can’t bring himself to do just that. He leaned his back on the wall as he stared at the sleeping figure infront of him. Sehun curled like a ball on the couch, with an open laptop on the desk opposite him. He walked over to the laptop and tapped his finger on the keyboard, spelling a huge SEHUN over the sticky notes under Sehun’s meeting schedule.

Sehun finally stirred and Kai stepped back before he fell on his knees and landed on his , resting his head on the desk as he stared at Sehun.

The younger blinked his eyes. Once and twice to clear his vision again and found himself were stared at by none other than Kai. His cheeks turned crimson red and he threw the paperwork on the floor right in Kai’s face.

Kai chuckled and removed the paper away from his face. “Why did you do that?” He yelled, realizing the obvious blush on the other’s face.

Kai let out another y whisper and Sehun stuttered.“It-it’s just! Y-you’re being..” he trailed off, finding the right thing to say. “-Being creepy.” He murmured the last part, rolling his eyes and sat next to Kai, hugging his knees close to his chest. Kai reached his hand out to the laptop again.

Did you have a nice rest?

Sehun smiled and nodded his head before turning to look at the spirit besides him. He has been with Kai for so many times before and it’s always awkward, too awkward since they don’t talk, but he always heard Kai humming under his breath though. The younger tried to open his mouth and say something but nothing really came out of his mouth except for his breath.

What are you trying to say? Kai typed.

“I-I just, h-how- no I mean why didn’t you talk?”

I can’t

“Why?” Sehun blue eyes turned wide and Kai tried so hard to get a grip on himself.

Don’t know, still can’t figure it out

“But I heard you talk-I-I mean whisper, but you still can right?”

That one, I yelled

Sehun saw Kai smiled a little after he typed that one and he just nodded before dropping his head, finding an idea to ask Kai of something he wanted to ask ever since they encountered the last time. But he need to ask nicely since he knows that Kai or in other word, spirit, can be extremely sensitive.

“C-can I ask?” Sehun started slowly, straightening his back.

Kai nodded his head, slightly surprised by the serious expression Sehun was holding. He know that Sehun was going to ask for that this time and he honestly don’t know what to say to the other.

“How did you die?”

Kai stared at the younger for what seems like forever and Sehun swore he’s frightened as hell by the deadly stare, but then Kai looked away and he didn’t say anything else. Well he assumed that Kai didn’t, since he didn’t open his mouth at all.

“I-I’m sorry I won’t-“ He trailed off when Kai started to type again.

M was the first word. Followed by an U and he stopped, glancing back at Sehun before continued.

R. D. E. R.E. D.

 

And that thing had been bothering Sehun all day.

Kai wouldn’t explain anything to him everytime he asked and he know that it’s good if he didn’t talk about it at all.

 

 

 

 

 

It was another rainy night and Sehun walked in his room with the thunder flashing, turning the whole dark room, bright again for a second.

He suddenly get the feeling that he’ve been tripped, his body lurched forward in an instant, ready to protect himself instinctively from any injuries. He can almost see the ground rising to meet him before he fell hard and found himself covered in blood. Sehun screamed his lungs out but no one was there to help him. An unfamiliar guy then walked to him, staring blankly on his face.

“Who are you…” he sobbed but that guy paid no attention to him. Just right after that, he saw Kai walking behind the guy, face paler than the other.

“Kai!!” he rose up and ran to him but then Kai’s body turned to ashes.

“Kai!!!” he cried hard and his body shook.

 

 

 

“Sehun!!!” Kai yelled, shaking the squirming body on the bed. Sehun snapped his eyes open, forehead covered in sweat as he pant hard, chest rising up and down.

“Kai” Sehun cried and pulled the spirit in a bone-crushing hug. He clawed the material that clung on Kai’s body and sobbed hard, as if he just lost his love one. Kai ran his cold hands from up and down Sehun’s back, letting the younger to pour his heart out in his embrace. He don’t even know what had happened to the younger eventhough he did realize the troubled look Sehun has everytime they bump onto each other. He was so worried that he can’t even bring himself to think straight. He cupped Sehun’s face and forced the other to talk, The now pale guy turned into another sobbing mess but managed to murmured something.

“I-I saw a-a guy with you Kai… and I’m- I see- blood- you-“ Sehun coughed and Kai ran to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water for Sehun to calm him down. Sehun gulped it down in one shot and in a deep breath, wiping the leftover on his lips with the hem of his shirts.

“Now tell me what happened.” Kai said in his ear, voice as clear as a normal person now.

Sehun dropped his head on Kai’s shoulder, “I-I don’t know, I-I guess I died and-and-“

“And what?” Kai asked, eager to know.

“I-I saw a guy.” He pulled away from Kai and stare straight in his eyes. “And you, but you turned to ashes. I-I’m scared.”

“A guy?” Kai voice came back as a hush. “Do you know him?”

“I-I don’t”

“What is he like?” Kai asked and Sehun shut his eyes, trying his hard to remember back the guy’s figure in his dream but not even a single image flash in his mind. Kai didn’t force him anymore and ushered Sehun to sleep.

 

 

The pale boy flashed his eyes open when he heard Kai calling him from the kitchen in the middle of the night. He look around and scratched his head, Kai usually would be in the room and should be in the room with him when he’s asleep, touching his legs and arms when he’s bored since he doesn’t sleep. As he was heading down the stairs, he heard a faint whisper from Kai.

“Don’t go there Sehun, I heard it too.”  

 

 

 

 

 

(a/n) i've been really busy lately. i'm sorry if i can only update 1-2 a week cause there's so much going on with school. mianhae~ but enjoy! <3