007

My name is Kai

“W-what do you mean?” Sehun stuttered, eyes blinking rapidly.

“That’s not Kai!” the guy screamed and both Sehun and Kai stepped back. “That’s me! That ing skeleton is mine! You ing kill me Kim Kai!”

Kai fell back on the ground, gripping his hair and clenching his eyes so hard he couldn’t even bring himself to come back to his sense again. Everything surged through his mind like an electric force. Sehun panicked and crouched down besides him, hugging him so hard he believe Kai’s skin would get scars if he’s alive.

Kai sobbed and something flashed within his head, the twins.

 

“Dongwoon, where’s my  design for the attic?” Kai called for his bestfriend.

“I don’t know Kai, ask Donghae, I’m busy.” Dongwoon said, eyebrows slightly furrowed.

“Hey Donghae!” Kai yelled from afar, waving at the guy who was busy commanding the construction workers.

“What?!”

“Where’s the design for the attic? The men need it now!”

“I don’t know, isn’t it with Dongwoon?!”

Kai groaned under his breath, it was summer and everyone was working so hard under the piercing sun, sweating their energy out like some kind of slave for them. Eventhough he was not the one who do the hard work, but he still need to be there with the twins since they’re the lead architects for the project, and everything need to be under control. So. . . losing the design that he’s been working on for the past few weeks sure made him stressed.

“ing find the design Dongwoon!” Kai spatted, turning over the other guy who was on the phone.

Dongwoon excused himself from the call and glared at Kai. “The is wrong with you?! It’s not with me.”

“Everybody know it’s with you. Find it before tomorrow, Period.” The tanned guy said and walked away. Despite being childhood friends, Kai would always be serious when it comes to work.

“.” Dongwoon said as he raised his middle finger behind Kai’s back.

But he still came back to the construction site that night, looking for the design because he was the one who lost it. Yes he’s a thick head but he would still listen to Kai no matter what happened between them.

The site was incredibly dark at night eventhough it was only 8, he walked over through the brick mess ground and get in the half done house, he walked up the stairs in between two halfway done brick wall​s. The shape was there but it still didn’t have the roof since they can’t continue to do so, they need to finish the attic first no matter what in order to finish the whole house up. Dongwoon suddenly felt burdened since everything was up to him. He knew that Kai, Donghae and even him were already tired of the project, even the workers were all dying to wrap it up since it take forever to finish. Nothing really work well since the start, there’s always obstacles building this one stupid house. They’ve done even bigger project but he don’t even know why this place bring them bad lucks. Everything they do would always come with problems.

He suddenly tripped himself on something that feels like wood and before his body could crash on the ground, there was a hard grip holding him back. He steadied himself and turned around.

“Kai?” Dongwoon asked, surprised. “What are you doing here?"

“I’m looking for the design. I thought you won’t come.” Kai chuckled and Dongwoon let out a low ‘tssk’

“Well you forced me.” Dongwoon rolled his eyes.

“Well you lose it.”

“This project is stupid. Can’t we just get over it and build it the other way that would fit?”

“No, I’ve been planning on it for so long so it has to be on plan.”

“Hey.” Dongwoon crouched down and pick up a random paper on the ground, he knows that it’s not Kai’s sketch. He then dropped it back. “Can I quit this project? Can you just continue with Donghae?”

Kai stared down with blood-shot gaze. “The you’re talking right now? We’re halfway done. You just need to look for that design.”

“Kai, I want to do another project.” Dongwoon rose up, staring directly on Kai’s face eventhough he can’t see properly in the vast darkness.

“ing get the design and that’s it.” Kai commanded, hand fisted by his side. Nobody can’t deny that Kai has some anger management issues as he would always throwing punches and slaps when he’s mad with someone. People who work under him know it so well, all of the rookie architects would taste at least his slaps once in a while too.

Dongwoon tried to walk away but Kai shove him back. “I said get the ing design!!”

“Don’t you remember the design?! You made it! Just order them to do like what you want!”

“I don’t remember each details that’s why I ing need it!”

“Then screw you!” Dongwoon screamed, shoving past Kai to make his way through.

Kai fisted the collar of his shirt and Dongwoon gulped down the lump in his throat. "I don't care if you hurt yourself or what but ing search for it before tomorrow. Do you get it?." He hissed and the blondie just nodded his head. Kai released him from his grip and Dongwoon coughed, gaining back his breath. The tanned guy had already walked down the stairs, making his way out from the house. "." Dongwoon cursed under his breath and leaned down to sit on one of the walls.

Kai walk out of the house in a fast pace, his heart was beating so fast. thank god the ocean breeze had somehow helped him to calm down a little bit. But he's still mad with Dongwoon, absolutely mad. How can someone be so careless?  

“Kai!!!” Dongwoon screamed, but Kai just shook his head. That brat must be calling him to attract his attention or somewhere around. Who know right? Since Dongwoon is a prankster even when he’s a kid.

 

 

 

Both Donghae and Kai were looking for Dongwoon the next morning, he doesn’t show up since 10 and it was almost 12. Kai glanced on his wristwatch and he started to get impatient. “Where the is your brother?”

“I don’t know for sake.” Donghae rolled his eyes.

“Hey boss sorry for asking but when can we start?” One of the worker asked and Kai turned to look at Donghae and he just shrugged.

“Well, i guess you guys can finish the wall first."

"The one leading to the attic?"

"Yes yes." Kai said, waving the guy off.

"But it's not steadied properly yet, we don't have enough stuff."

"Then what did you stand it up with?!" Kai hollered, the other's shirts on the chest.

"W-with the metal rod sir, but it's not enough so we just stand it up with what he have first."

"Are you guys ing stupid?! Get some now in the hardware! We don't want anyone dead here. Do you know how dangerous it can be you er?!"

Donghae just eyed on Kai and glanced on his wristwatch, he need Dongwoon now since he could feel somethings bad going to happen.

 

 

 

Dongwoon's breath started to fade away, his head was bleeding and his whole body stung. One of his arm were caught on one of the metal rod that had been jabbed on the ground. How can he be so careless and fell down? "Hyung. . .Kai. . ." He called under his breath with the last energy he has left.

"Is it the one that ran out of rod?" He heard a familiar voice, the construction worker.

"Yes, it's this one. jab another three and we can cement it over." Another said.

A metal rod went through straight on Dongwoon's left thigh but it felt like his heart was being ripped apart instead. Another two were jabbed near him and he breathe his last breath when the cement were poured all over his body.

 

 

The memory stop there and he snapped his eyes open, but Dongwoon's spirit was nowhere to be found anymore. Slightly raising his head to glance up, the bead of fresh tears dropped on his cheek. Sehun was crying so hard and Kai slowly pulled away and took Sehun's face in his palms.

"I'm the bad guy Sehun." He whispered. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(a/n) I'm sorry for making lots of you confused in the last chapter! i hope this one would explain and there's still some things more to be revealed! stay tune! *hugs and kisses*