003

My name is Kai

Kai stayed by Sehun’s side for the past 2 hours ever since he passed out. the younger fell unconscious as soon as Kai’s name slipped under his breath. Kai leaned on his back against the wall while caressing that flawless smooth skin besides him.

 

Sehun finally stirred and Kai retread his hand away from the other, afraid that he might scares the poor boy again eventhough he can’t deny that he enjoyed Sehun’s reaction everytime he would .

 

Sehun opened his eyes in slow-motion and the first thing that he saw was a clearer image of the shadowy figure he had seen just now, well basically 2 hours back. He heave a sigh and murmured under his breath. “Kai. . .”

Kai stared down at him and Sehun lifted his head. Kai look as clear as a normal person right now and everything look almost as normal, except for the fact that Kai is a ghost for sure. He didn’t expect that he would encounter with the spirit that had been teasing with his feelings for the past one week.

“Kai. . .” Sehun called again and Kai just touched his cheek instead of answering him. “Kai. . .” he called again to make sure that Kai is really real. He finally heard a very very low chuckle from the guy. Sehun rose up and sat exactly right infront of Kai, so close that he could actually feel the chill aura slipping out from that dead body. He reached out his hand to grab the photo on the floor before giving it a scan and stared back closely at Kai, narrowing his eyes as if checking every details on that handsome face.

“It’s really you. . .” he said, dropping his head. Kai just nodded his head and flashed a faint smile, resting his cold palm against Sehun’s warm one, covering the photo that was now in between their hands. Sehun look up at him and Kai smiled a toothy smile, as if he was proud to be dead.

“Can you keep this for me?” he asked, almost pleading. He’s not sure though if Sehun could hear him clearly because he know that he’s not capable to speak to a normal person like he used to. Their world are not the same anymore. Eventhough if he yell, he knows that the living could only hear it as a whisper. That’s why most of them possessed people to communicate properly, he never tried though eventhough the longing to get connected to the outer world is still there.

Sehun realized the sad gaze Kai was holding after he murmured something incoherent to him. Maybe he was asking something but Sehun obviously couldn’t understand it. Maybe that’s why he’s disappointed right now. Just, maybe.

 

Sehun suddenly pulled himself up and look around the mess, searching for something and when he found nothing that he was looking for, he waved his hands demanding for Kai to follow him. Tailing behind the said guy closely, they walked in the bedroom and Sehun turned back with a pen and a paper to him.

“Write.” He demanded. Kai stared down, to where Sehun was resting his palm against his chest with the paper and pen against it.

Kai nodded his head and took it from Sehun, he wrote down with a very nice handwriting.

Please keep my photo for me

Kai offered him the paper after he’s done. Sehun took the paper from his grip and read it in silence before raising his head and smiled for the first time at him, Kai swore that his life couldn’t get any better than this.

“I-I’ll keep it for you.” Sehun smiled some more.

 

 

 

The blue-eyed guy stared blankly in his office, he’s been communicating with a freaking ghost for almost two days now. he can’t deny that Kai still touched him when he ‘assumed’ that Sehun was asleep, but he can’t bring himself to stop the other. Kai was so nice to him, he’s a sweetheart infact. He even left a white rose on his bed when he woke up early this morning, they hung out most of the time since he live alone but to come and think again, they never really talk. It is because Kai’s voice was so slow everytime he tried to start a conversation.

“You look troubled.” Kris, his co-worker commented when he walked in the room. “Sorry I didn’t knock, came to drop you this.” His lips quirked upward on one side.

“I-it’s okay.” Sehun stuttered, surprised by the sudden visit in the middle of his daydream.

Kris smirked, “Hey come on.”

“W-where?”

“It’s already late if you didn’t realize, come let me send you home.” Kris offered.

Sehun glanced on his wristwatch and Kris’ right, it’s already 6 p.m. He didn’t plan to stay up this late in the office today, besides he didn’t call for a cab yet, perks of being someone who was too scared to learn driving. He look up at Kris in guilt, he doesn’t want to burden the other but he’s sure that the last bus to his place had took off.

“Don’t feel guilty to ask for my help, I’m the one who’s offering you here Oh Sehun.” Kris said rather too clearly, as if Sehun’s a little child.

“Okay.”

 

 

 

Kai jump out from Sehun’s bed when he heard a car pulled in the front yard. He stared down the window and frowned to see an unfamiliar car with Sehun and a stranger walking to his house, well he was the first owner so it’s his house too. He vanished and teleport himself to the main living room, glaring on the stranger from head to toe. Sehun who realized that Kai was there excuse himself after offering Kris a seat. Kai followed behind him and he was scowling hard when Sehun faced him.

“H-he’s Kris. My co-worker from office.”

“You need to remember that this is originally my house, you can’t just bring people in.”

“Huh?” Sehun blinked, missing out each words that Kai tried to say.

Kai shook his head and vanished. Sehun was dumbfounded but he just shrugged it off and went to prepare some tea for Kris who was waiting for him. he set the cup on the tray and was about to leave when Kai came back with a paper shoved on his chest, he put the tray aside and took the paper in his hand.

“A-are you serious?!” Sehun asked in disbelief and Kai nodded his head.

“This is my house now Kai, you have no right to control me.” Sehun hissed slowly, afraid that Kris might hear him and walked away, grabbing the tray with him.

 

 

“Sorry I’m late.” The pale boy apologize and Kris just let it slide. He sat opposite from the other guy and stared awkwardly at each others. Kris was the first one to broke the silence.

“You know that your eyes are so beautiful right?”  Kris commented.

Sehun spurted the tea out and coughed hard, Kris walked over to him and pat his hand on Sehun’s back.

“Stop acting like this Sehun.” Kris chuckled.

“A-act like what?” he turned his head to the side and Kris was smirking.

“Acting so cute.”

 

Cling! The glass that was on the table fell down, shattered into million pieces on the floor. Both of the guy turned their head as soon as it happened, Sehun glanced over to the stairs and saw Kai leaning against it with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

 

After helping Sehun with the broken glass, Kris decided that he better leave since it’s already dark outside. Not like it’s dangerous or whatever to him, but he just suddenly felt sick and uncomfortable hanging out in the house.

Sehun closed the door after Kris left, he realized the discomfort in the taller’s eyes but tried his best to remain calm, Kai was absolutely asking for Sehun’s wrath this time. He ran in the room and Kai was not there as usual so he went to look in the attic. Kai was there, looking out the window, to where Kris’ car was driving out.

“Kai. . .” He called slowly, he was not that type to yell people around when he’s mad but Kai didn’t pay any attention to him. As if he’s not there in the room, as if Sehun was the wandering spirit right there.

“Kai. . .” he called again, walking closer.

Kai turned to him but then vanished.

 

He woke up the next day and Kai’s not there.

Even the next day.

And next week.

 

 

Two weeks passed and Sehun called for Chanyeol, asking the older to bring in his friends to his house for breakfast. He really really need a distraction right now and even he himself can’t believe that he actually crave for some company. Chanyeol came as he promised with four of his childhood friends, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Wana and Chen. 

Another miracle happened again in this place, he blend well with Chanyeol’s friends much to his own surprise. He learned that Baekhyun is Chanyeol’s boyfriend and Wana is Xiumin’s wife. They were all great and Sehun managed to finally ask the question that he wanted to ask in the first place when they came here. Well actually it was the reason why he called for Chanyeol early in the morning, to ask for opinion.

Wana and Xiumin already left though since they need to pick up their kids from the daycare. So it’s only him, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Chen left.

“Hey can I ask something?” Sehun slowly asked.

“Yeah sure, since when did you ask for our permission to talk pfftt.” Baekhyun sassed and Sehun just chuckled.

“What are the factors if ghost gets mad?”

 “What is this question?” Chen laughed.

“I don’t know, just answer me please.” Sehun pleaded and he actually look pitiful enough.

“Well maybe cause you eat their food.” Chen joked and everyone turned sour. “Okay okay sorry.”

“Maybe if people get in their place?” Chanyeol shrugged.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know, I mean I saw lots of things happened when people walk in some haunted places.”

“Like what?”

“Like they’ll do anything to get you out there because ghost don’t like human’s company.”

“Really?”

“Of course! Sehun are you fine?”

“No- I mean- yes but why?”

“Why what?” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Why are they mad?!”

“Gosh sehun I don’t know . stop creeping us out.”

“No, answer me!”

“Okay okay, let’s see. The thing is if I’m a ghost. I will find a place to stay permanently, maybe with someone that I love but if im a loner I would find a place somewhere from the real world. And if people walk in I’ll get mad because im a ghost you know and they’re human. And the place is the only thing I have. I don’t have anything else because im a ghost!” Baekhyun explained.

“It’s the only thing they have?” Sehun tilted his head.

“Yes Sehun, they can’t live a normal life like us so that’s why they take care of their place.”

“Ghost are sensitive you mean?” Chen asked.

“Yea- No- no I don’t know I’m not a ghost. Look, why are we talking about this?”

Sehun heave a sigh, leaving Baekhyun and Chen who were bickering behind, he excused himself from the group. He leaned his back against the fridge with a glass of cold drink in his hand. A drop of tear fell in the glass and Sehun stared on the blurry reflection before another drop blurred his vision completely. Just right then, that touch he miss the most came in contact on his skin, cupping his cheeks while wiping the tears with his thumbs.

“I’m sorry I don’t know.” Sehun sobbed and Kai nodded his head, smiling.