005

My name is Kai

Since that day, Sehun always get weird dreams of that same guy. He don’t even know who was he but Kai was always there too but he could clearly see myriad of emotions flow through his face. Sad, scared, betrayed, intimidated, mad, all of that in one time and Kai would turn to ashes in the blink of an eye before he woke up, body sweating and losing his breath.

But today, it was not the same dream that turned him speechless, but a little incident. Sehun walked in the attic to keep some of his belongings that he don’t want to use anymore but accidently tripped on his legs and fell hard on his back against the wooden floor. He grunted and heard the same voice that had been haunting him, Kai’s. “Kai.” He turned around but Kai was not there.

“Don’t go there Sehun, I heard it too.”

That’s absolutely not Kai when he remembered the occasion that first night where everything creepy started to happen. He pulled himself up and felt like his body being pushed back to a rack on the corner of the space, the push was not hard but not that light either. He crashed against it and something fell from the rack, it was a glass material and that thing made a loud noise when it crashed on the floor.

Just right then, his nightmare turned real when another harder push made him came in contact with the shattered pieces and his hands were covered in blood as he tried his best to support his body from completely lay on the glass. He hissed in pain and tears started to pool in the corner of his eyes. He then catches a glimpse of something at the corner of his eyes, he can’t tell exactly what it is since his vision had turned blurry from the tears. He reached his trembling and bloody hand to grab that thing and realized that it was a polaroid. He took a closer look and gasped when he noticed that it was another image of Kai, but this time he’s with a guy probably the same age as him on his left side.

 

 

Kai came out of nowhere when he heard the loud noise and saw Sehun crouching down infront of something that looks like a shattered glass music box. He walked closer and realized that the younger was injured, his hands were all bloody and he fell on his knees.

Sehun immediately retreaded his hands when Kai came to him, hiding the photo in the pocket of his pants and stared up at the said guy.

“What happened?” Kai panicked and took the bloody hands in his.

“I’I tripped on something and fell against the rack.” He lied.

“Gosh, you should be more careful Sehun. You know I can’t always be there with you. What if-“ he trailed when Sehun pulled back his hand.

“I’m fine Kai. It’s just a small th-“ Sehun hissed when the wound suddenly stung on his nerve.

“You should go to the hospital. You’ll get infected.” Kai commanded, pulling the other up and forced Sehun to call the cab.

 

 

 

 

They entered the elevator after Sehun had finish getting his check-up and medicines, there was just a doctor there with them. He casually glance at Kai as usual and the elevator door opened again, another woman was about to enter when Kai punched the button to the highest floor. Sehun was so surprise and the doctor cursed Sehun for being rude eventhough she can clearly see that Sehun doesn’t move even an inch from his place. The younger glared at Kai and hissed under his breath, “Why didn’t you let the other woman in?!”

“Excuse me?” The doctor said and Sehun just shook his head and apologize before glaring at Kai in annoyance.

“She’s dead, didn’t you see the wristband she was wearing? The red wristband are placed on dead people.” Kai said in Sehun’s ear.

The doctor finally walked out while talking ill of Sehun under her breath and the younger turned to glare at Kai.

“She’s dead?!” Sehun screamed and stomped his feet. “Why are there so many ghost in my life?!” he sighed and leaned on the metal wall of the elevator.

“Hey that’s normal Sehun, your friend is a ghost and the other ghost know too. That’s why they show themselves too.”

“Not funny Kai.” He murmured and stopped when another person walked in, afraid that people might say that he’s crazy for talking alone.

 

 

 

 

“W-why didn’t you have the red wristband?” Sehun asked as Kai were cleaning his scars.

“I don’t know.” Came that short answer.

“I’m curious.” Sehun complained and Kai stopped to stare at him. “Do you even know where your grave is?”

Kai went numb for a second before shaking his head in disappointment. “I wish I know too but I don’t remember a thing except for the fact that I’ve being murdered. Maybe the person had burned my body, I don’t know.” Kai shrugged as if they were talking about something funny.

“I-i’m sorry to hear that.”

“No problem Sehun.” Kai said, caressing the flawless cheek and Sehun froze with the sudden affection Kai was showing him.

Kai stopped midway, noticing the discomfort in Sehun’s gaze and he pulled his hand back before clearing his throat. “Maybe you should sleep. Oh, do you get any leave from work?”

“No I don’t, it’s just a small thing. I can work tomorrow, I have an important meeting besides.”

“Okay then. I’ll just leave.” Kai said, walking away and Sehun nodded his head as Kai turned into thin white smoke and vanished.

 

 

 

 

 

“What’s wrong with your hands?” Lay and Kris asked in unison as soon as Sehun walked in the office.

“I-I uh- I feel on the glass.”

“Oh my god Sehun why are you so clumsy!” Kris said, taking the injured hands to take a look at it. “Will you be fine?”

Lay glanced back and forth from Kris to Sehun and cleared his throat. “He’ll be fine lemme see.” And gasped. “That’s quite bad. Are you sure you’ll be fine?”

Sehun chuckled, slightly touched by Kris and Lay. “I’ll be fine.”

“Sure you don’t need a leave?” Kris asked again.

“Sure. . . besides I don’t want to lose the chance to see the CEO. I’ve never see him before.”

The CEO, Mr. Donghae. Sure he’s seen some photos of him and heard a lot about the man but never really meet directly with the other. He also heard that the guy was there when he worked on the project in Arkansas, but they didn’t go face to face either. They only do business on the phone once in a while and nothing more than that.

“I heard that he built that house you’re living in now.” Lay snapped Sehun back to reality.

“H-he did?”

“Yes, I think he built it 18 years back with his bestfriend but when it’s finished, he sold it after his friend are gone.”

“Gone?” Kris was the one to ask.

“Not dead but went away. I don’t even know but that’s what I heard.”

“Gentlemen, the CEO are here.” The manager announced and everyone rushed to the meeting room, taking their seat.

The CEO walked in the room 10 minutes after and everyone stood up before bowing down at him and back to their seat. The man was dressed in a dashing black suit and looking really elegent, style totally screaming extravangance.

Sehun was fidgeting with his fingers nervously, not because of the fact that his CEO being there but because how much younger he looks than his actual age and the photo that Sehun had seen before. He looks like a 35 rather than 43 years old man. Kai would be probably around his age if he’s still alive. Wait, why was he thinking about Kai?

Just right at that moment, Mr. Donghae locked his gaze with Sehun and the pale boy gulped, seeming unable to remove his eyes from that handsome face. The man flashed a smirk at him as he slightly lowered his head and took his seat, not breaking the stare with Sehun.

 

It’s his first time being so bold to make an eye contact with another person, never once in his life being like this before. He don’t even know why, but Mr. Donghae has that something inside him that made Sehun felt attracted? Intimidated? Scared? Sad? He don’t even know. But the more he look at the man, the more he realize something, a familiarity. As if he’s seen that man somewhere else he can’t remember.

 

The meeting end about an hour later with Sehun doing nothing else than to stare at the man and looking away when Mr. Donghae glanced at him with that sinful smirk. As he was about to exit the meeting room, a grip on his arm turned him around in a swift and he was met with that face again. So much closer this time.

“Are you free tonight?” Mr. Donghae asked rather too flirty.

Sehun just blinked and stare up at him, scanning every detail on that face. His eyes turned wide when something flashed in his mind. That face.

The same face in his dream and the photo he found.

“Glad to finally see you.” Mr. Donghae said and took Sehun’s hand to give it a kiss but stopped when he realized the injury on his palm. “What is this?” He asked.

“I-I had a small accident.” Well at least it’s true.

Mr. Donghae smiled and Sehun was about to pull his hand away when the man kissed the top of his hand.

“M-Mr-“ Sehun trailed off when Donghae cut him off.

“I heard a lot about you Sehun and have been watching you.” He said.

Sehun started to feel weird and pulled his hand away by forced. “I’m sorry but I have to go.” He said in a rush and walk as fast as he can out from the room but before he give a turn at the corner, he glanced back and saw Mr. Donghae still on his spot, staring at him with a hawk-eye gaze. He turned his head away and ran down the stairs.

 

 

 

Kai noticed the trouble in Sehun’s face while he was cleaning the wound again that night. “Is there anything that you didn’t tell me?” he decided to ask.

“N-no.” Sehun answered, voice and head both obviously as low as his spirit.

“Do you have any problem at work then?”

“No. I-I’m just tired.” Sehun sighed.

“Okay, do you want me to leave you alone then?”

“Yes. I want to sleep.”

“Okay, besides I want to spend my time by the beach for tonight. Will you be okay alone?”

“Yes Kai don't worry.”

Sehun raised his head and chewed on his lower when Kai stood up to leave, he's confused. Should he tell Kai about the photo and Mr. Donghae? but Kai probably wouldn't remember a thing. "Kai." He called however.

"Yes?"

"N-nothing."

 

There was a loud bang, exactly right after Kai left and Sehun hesitate for a second to get the door but then his racing heart calmed when Chanyeol’s voice greeted his ears.

He look up at the towering guy and then down at the dog besides him as soon as he opened the door. Chanyeol was crying. “I swear to god that I’m sorry for this but the others can’t help me and won’t pick up their phone.” He said apologetically. “Can you take care of my dog? I can’t bring him back with our family. Gosh I swear I’m sorry Sehun.” He started to sob. “-But my grandpa died and our family need to reach hometown before he’s going to be buried and we can’t bring him along.”

“It’s okay Chanyeol you can leave it here.” Sehun smiled to comfort the mourning man.

“I’m really really sorry to interrupt you in the middle of the night Sehun.” Chanyeol sobbed as he hugged the other and Sehun just stood there, murmuring some comforting words to calm the other before he left.

Thank god the dog went straight to sleep as soon as it walked in his house. Taking its customary place under his bed. Sehun pat the dog before he climbed on his bed, calming himself to sleep.

 

In the deep of the night he awakens to a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. Sehun was too scared to check and Kai was at the beach, so he reached his hand under the bed. He felt a reassuring from the dog and fell back to sleep but once more he awakens to the same dripping sound. He reached his hand down and felt the of the dog again.

 

Now curious about the dripping sound, he got up and slowly walked towards the bathroom, the dripping sound were getting louder as he approached. He reached the bathroom and turned the light on and was greeted by a horrific sight. Hanging from the shower nozzle the dog, with it throat slit open and its blood dripping into the bathtub.

 

Something on the bathroom mirror caught his eyes and he turned around. Written on the bathroom mirror in the dog blood are the words HUMANS CAN TOO

 

 

 

 

 

(a/n) i'm going to end this fic soon, will reveal who killed Kai and where his body is! stay tune!