006

My name is Kai

Kai perked his head up when Sehun loud scream reached his ears, he vanished from the beach and found himself in the bathroom, bloody one to be exact. Sehun was on the floor with a dead dog in his arms, he was crying so hard that Kai’s loud yell cannot be heard. Kai crouched down besides him and took the younger’s face in his palms.

“Hey Sehun, Sehun, listen to me. Open your eyes.” Kai yelled some more and the cry stop for a second. Kai removed the dead dog from Sehun embrace and pulled him up with him, took him in embrace and whispered in his ear, “Sehun listen, tell me what had happened here?!”

“I’m scared Kai, I’m so scared.” He sobbed and Kai ran his hand behind his back to sooth him. Sehun only fisted the shirt on Kai’s body, hiding his face in the crook of his neck. “There’s someone else in this house Kai, I’m scared.”

“Someone else?” Kai questioned and pushed Sehun back gently to look directly on his face and Sehun nodded his head. He was starting to get panic, shooting his head up and turned around to look for any kind of intruder in the house but there’s none. He tried to pull Sehun up and the younger looks like he can’t even bring himself to even move a finger.

“Sehun come on.” Kai pleaded, “I can’t help you if you’re gonna stay like this. Let’s get you to the room and let me clean this mess up. You’re gonna tell me when I finish is that clear?”

Sehun instantly shook his head like he’s being possessed, he panicked and hug the taller as tight as he can. “No no no no” he chanted and Kai pushed him back, forcing him to look at his face. “Sehun you need to tell me what’s wrong!”

“Not the room please. Please not the room. Please.” He sobbed hard and Kai heave a sigh whilst rubbing his temple. Never once in his dead life being so complicated like this. He wanted to protect Sehun but how can he do so if he doesn’t know whats the treat to begin with?

As if on que, Kai heard a series of footsteps coming from non other than the master bedroom, where Sehun refused to go just now.

“That’s him.” Sehun whispered and Kai asked. “Who?”

“I don’t know but he’s mad.” 

“Mad with who?” Kai questioned and Sehun pushed him with a hard shove on the chest. Kai gasped when he realized that Sehun’s eyes had turned slightly red.

“With you!” Sehun shriek, voice completely changing than the smooth talker Sehun he knew before.

“Sehun.” Kai gasped and tried to pull the other in his embrace but the other flinched as if Kai was some kind of poison to him.

“Your Sehun is not here.” Sehun said as he started to form a creepy frown.

“Who are you?”

“You don’t remember me Kai?”

Kai started to play calm when he realized that there was another spirit in the house other than him, but he can’t totally calm down since it was using Sehun’s body to communicate with. His precious Sehun that he has been protecting since day one.

“I don’t think so. Name it.”

“You ing killed me.” Sehun spatted.

“I killed you?” Kai was surprised to say the least because he thought that he was the one who got killed and that is as far as he can remember.

“Yes! ing yes! Why did you do that to me Kai!” Sehun started to screamed, throwing his hands around like a psycho. “We were friends once. Why did you do that?!”

“Who the hell are you?!” Kai yelled back.

The question were left hanging when Sehun fell unconscious on the floor. Kai immediately ran to the other and took him in his embrace. A single drop of tears rolled down his cheek as he called for Sehun’s name, and then another, drenching both of their cheeks with his cold tears. He swore that he won’t leave Sehun’s side ever again.

“I’m sorry.” The spirit whispered, letting out a low sob as he seized Sehun’s hand.

 

 

 

His head was throbbing so hard when he awakes, he pulled himself up and Kai ran besides the bed, examining his face. He walked back after a loud sigh escape from his mouth, it was the loudest thing Sehun could hear so far from Kai. Sehun leaned on his back and he too, let out a loud sigh. He raised his bloody hands and realized that he had himself in a deep . How is he gonna explain to Chanyeol about the dog? Maybe he could just purchase another dog in the pet shop since thank god Chanyeol would only be here next week to pick it up. Yes that’s the best way to do it. But the dog won’t feel the same and Chanyeol would absolutely realize it sooner or later.

“I should clean up.” Sehun murmured and jumped off the mattress.

“Yes. I’ll be here.” Kai said and they both parted a different path. One to the bathroom and other to the corner. Sitting down and just staring at the door that separate them both.

Kai dropped his head and fisted his hair, there’s absolutely something going on his past life and he seriously need to remember before anyone or anything else started to harm Sehun again. His head shooted up when he heard a loud bark before a dog jumped pass through the bathroom’s door. He was wagging his tail and Kai smiled. God bless, it was the dead dog last night. Eventhough it was barking so loud, Kai know that Sehun doesn’t realize on its existence just yet. The dog move around from Kai’s legs to his back and jumping around, Kai ran his hand in the strand of the furs and the dog ran away, crawling under the bed, he soon came back with a photo in between it’s teeth. Kai took a hold of it and his pupils turned wide, it was a picture of him and a guy around his age. Both of their hands were on each other’s shoulder and they were smiling so wide, almost like a siblings. The background though, it was the house. Only unfinish, the wall were still halfway done and there were lots of construction equipments. Is Kai a construction worker back then? Or maybe an architect same as Sehun?

The shower were turned off and Sehun walked out, hair all wet with a towel clinging around his waist. He stared at Kai and they both locked their eyes, he then dropped gaze his  and realized the photo in Kai’s hand. Instantly running to the guy, Sehun snatched it away.

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” Kai screamed.

“You won’t remember a thing!” Sehun fight back and Kai was taken aback with that sudden outburst.

“At least let me know, you will get yourself in danger Sehun.”

“As far as I’m concerned, I’m in danger the moment we met.”

“You’re blaming me now? the only thing I did all this while is protecting you from things that I don’t even know!”

“I don’t ask you to protect me!” Sehun cried. “You can just leave me alone. You can just leave me on my own cause I’m sick of all this!”

“You want me to leave? You really ing want me to leave at this moment? Really Sehun? Unbelievable.”

“You are unbelievable! You’re dead! Why did you come back! This world doesn’t belong to you anymore. You’re ing dead!”

Kai raised his hand and a cold palm strike on one of Sehun’s cheek, leaving it all red. Sehun cried, running out from the house and Kai started to regret on his action at that very moment.

What was he in the previous life?

 

 

Sehun ran as far as he can and his body went limp when he reached the bus stop, he was cold as the only thing that has been covering his body all this while was just the towel around his waist. The passerby were all throwing him a dark look and Sehun tremble, hugging his arms around his body. He doesn’t care. He need to stay away from Kai.

. . . And Kai wander around the nearby villages and towns to look for Sehun, but there was not even a single sign of him. the weather are cold and Sehun sure doesn’t have enough clothes to protect himself from the coldness. But first of all, he need to say sorry.

 

Sehun’s teeth clattered and his body were shivering so hard. The tears had dried, he doesn’t have any energy left to cry and mourn on his life.

“Sehun?” a familiar voice spoke out, Kris was standing a feet away from him as he tried to take a peek on Sehun’s pale face. He then jogged to him and throw his coat over Sehun’s body. “Oh my god what are you doing here without clothes on?! Can you stand up? You’re shaking for god sake!”  

Sehun raised his head and nodded, falling unconscious against the guy and Kris took him in his hold, running back straight to the car he left by the road.

 

 

 

“What happened?” Kris asked as soon as Sehun open his eyes.

Sehun’s lips parted but there’s nothing coming out except for his cold breath and Kris hand him over a glass of water. He gulped it down and his throat was burning as he winced in pain. Kris squeezed his shoulder and offered another drink but Sehun just shook it off.

“I want you to renovate the house.” Sehun said. He wanted to get rid of every single trace of Kai in the house. He need a new start, he need a life. Eventhough he can’t deny that he had grown fond with the other, Sehun just can’t continue it anymore. How long is he gonna live and depending on a freaking ghost? Kai would left his side too sooner or later just like other person in his life. And he better get rid of Kai before his feelings started to develop more.

“Excuse me?” Kris seems dumbfounded. “You want ME to renovate the house? You mean your house?” He said while pointing his finger on his chest.

Sehun nodded his head, avoiding the other gaze.

“But why? It’s perfectly fine as the way it is.”

“Just please.” Sehun pleaded, raising to sit on his knees.

“No, no what are you doing Sehun?” Kris pulled the other to sit back but Sehun refused and kneel infront of him while saying please again and again. “Okay okay I’ll do it. Just please sit.” Kris said and Sehun obeyed with a low thanks under his breath.

 

 

 

Three days later Kris came with his men to Sehun’s house to start on the renovation, the younger ordered all of the workers to get rid of every single things in the attic cause he knew that’s where most of Kai’s belongings were hiden.

Sehun was there when everything were torn down, and he knew that Kai was there too. He honestly felt uneasy and sorry for Kai, maybe an apology would melt his heart but Kai never come back to him. a light touch on his shoulder startled him in all of the sudden and he turned around. He don’t know why but he’s hoping it would be Kai, but it’s not. It’s just Kris.

“We have a problem.”

Sehun raised his eyebrows and Kris hesitate for a second, dropping his head while rubbing on the back of his neck.

“We-“

“What is it?” Sehun knew Kris never being this nervous before, so there must be something fishy going on.

“We found something when they tore down the brick wall near the attic.”

“What is it?”

“A-a skeleton.”

A skeleton.

 

 

Sehun ran as fast as he can to the site and slow down when he catch a glimpse of Kai from afar. "Kai. . ." He sobbed and fasten his pace, pulling the body in a tight hug. "I'm sorry. . . i'm sorry. . .i'm sorry." He sobbed but Kai didn't even react. he pushed Sehun gently and smiled a faint smile, caressing the drenched tears cheek just like the last time they fought.

"It's okay Sehun."

"I'm sorry Kai. . . i'm sorry. . ."

"That's not Kai." A voice came out of nowhere and they both turned around in unison. Sehun gaped in shock when another version of Donghae were standing there behind them, he looks like Mr.Donghae but a lot younger, probably around the same age as Kai and kind of looks like the Donghae in the picture, but slightly taller and he's blonde. So that's absolutely not the Mr.Donghae he's seen before and last but not least, he's somehow almost as transparent as the first time he met Kai.

"Who are y-" Kai spoke up and trailed when the other cut him off.

"It's me, Kim Kai."

At that moment, Kai felt like every single nerves in his brain started to connect again, playing over all of the images of him in his past life like an old movie. It felt stretched, as if all of his entire life came back in a dream.