001

My name is Kai

“Mr Oh Sehun how are you doing today?” The manager asked as he flashed a warm smile to the said guy infront of him.

“U-uh I’m fine.” Sehun stuttered as he slightly squirmed in his seat. It was really rare to be called in the manager office except if something big happened. No matter in a  good way or a bad way.

The old man chuckled when he realized the tension that surged through the younger’s body. “Calm down, the reason I’m calling you here because I received a letter from the CEO himself and it’s for you. Mind if I read it?” he held the envelope in his hand and Sehun just nodded his head before he pulled out the letter.

“Mr Oh Sehun, I am really impressed with your commitment throughout the years. You own a very great skills and are very dedicated to your works and tasks that had been given by the company. I had been given the chance to monitor you myself on the project in Arkansas and I am pleased to tell you that I’m not disappointed with your works. Instead, the clients were all very satisfied with the things you had come out with. You’ve worked with us for so long and I am now really honored to give you the thing that you deserve the most since long time ago.  You will be promoted as the lead architect in another branch at Jeju island. You would have to lead a group of some rookie architects we got. Do not worry on your accommodation since I already got you a house for you to stay permanently. You can take it as a gift from me for being the best employee the company has so far. Congratulations.”

Sehun blinked his eyes rapidly. Is he dreaming? Is he really getting promoted? No way. True, it’s true that he was really focused on his work all these years but it’s because he need to distract himself from life. Not to get this, absolutely not.

“I-I don’t know if I can-“ He shook his head and the old man stood up, walking over him.

“Sehun, this is a one in a lifetime chances. You deserve it okay, I am not pushing you away because I can’t deny that you’re really the best employee we got. I know you’re working hard  not to get promoted like the others. But come on, you need a new start, you have to socialize more. You need to get up from your own world. You need to stop trapping yourself in the same world.” The old man squeezed Sehun’s broad shoulder. Sehun know that Mr. Kang was a caring man despite his stern attitude. He was already like a father to all the young employee in the company and everybody knows that.

“I-I hate people.” He sighed and dropped his head on the table. “I don’t even have a choice didn’t i?”

“Nope. You can’t reject. I’m not letting you to do so. Besides you got a new house as a gift Sehun! You need to go!” the old man ushered him to stand up and Sehun found himself a little bit better. “Forget everything you’ve been through here. He’s gone and you’ll leave for good too.”

“T-thank you Mr. Kang.”

“Congratulations son.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The flashing rays pierced through the tinted window of a taxi Sehun was riding. He rolled down the window and in the salty smell of the ocean. He could hear the sound of the wave crashing on the rock and the melody of the singing birds that were flying all over the place. His beautiful blue eyes glistened when they look up the sky as his hair blew up all over his flawless white skin. That pink rosy lips slowly formed a smile. He can’t really remember when was the last time he really enjoyed the nature. He was too caught up on his work back in Seoul. After he left, everything was a blank space. He would wake up in the morning and go to work, back in his apartment at night and that cycle would repeat again and again for the past few years. He can’t blame himself though, he need to distract himself from the memory. The memory that had made him lifeless and dead inside.

“Are you a foreigner?” the taxi driver asked and Sehun snapped out from his thought.

“N-no, I’m not.” Came that quick reply. It was not a strange question, he’s used to it by now. Being gifted with a pair of beautiful blue eyes would absolutely be an eye catcher. Can’t blame on his grandfather though, he came from Australia and eventually got married to a beautiful Korean lady, his grandmother. Eventhough not a single children of them got that gene. It finally fell on him when he was born. he has that trait. Only him.

“Then are you by any chance mixed?”

“Yes.”

The taxi man just nodded his head and continue the ride without trying to start another conversation with Sehun anymore since the younger looks so uncomfortable. After what felt like forever. They finally made a stop infront of a house. Sehun’s new house. It was something between a mansion and a house. Not that big but absolutely not that small either. It was not extravangance as a mansion but certainly not as simple as a house for a single guy like him to live in. But well, the CEO are rich and he’s not surprised to get this as a gift. He could basically buy anything that he want for him. He paid the bills and walked over to the front yard before touring around the house. The sea was just right behind it and Sehun could tell that the house was isolated eventhough it was not that far from the big town.  Well maybe this place was and is a private property. But overall he’s glad because he really care about his private space and life. At last he can have a place all for himself.

“Oh Sehun? Mr. Oh Sehun?” A guy called and Sehun immediately turned around to the voice. A very tall figure were now standing and grinning? Infront of him. “Sorry I’m late. Hi I’m Chanyeol. I came to give you the key to this house.”

Sehun nodded and reached his hand out to take the key from the other guy. “Thank you.” He muttered under his breath.

“No worries. Do you need any help? We’ve prepared everything in the house before you came but if you need any more help you can call me. My dad already left the number in the phonebook. It’s Mr.Park, we live just besides this land in a very small village you know and I actually have been looking over this house for-“

“Look, I don’t need anything else.” Sehun cut him off.

“Oh. Ah! Sorry. I must be talking too much. By the way. Welcome to Jeju island. Remember, call me if anything happened okay. Just anything and I’ll be here a.s.a.p”

“Okay but I think I’ll be fine.”

“Don’t be so sure. Just call me okay if you need help?”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. “I said it’s fine.”

“Okay then don’t call. Geez~” Chanyeol said before he took off with his scooter.

What is wrong with him?

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was almost midnight when he finally finished unpacking his stuff. He’s glad that there’s nothing left to do since everything was basically done. All of the furniture were there, maybe his boss got it for him to make things easier. Other than that, everything’s good. He dropped on the bed and stared up on the ceiling. This house was antique, there were some beautiful carving on the ceiling. He couldn’t make out what it is but it’s beautiful. He rolled to his side and an old ceramic porcelain caught his attention. It was placed at the very back in the old china cabinet, he let his eyes wander around and everything came to him. the furnitures were all antique too. Setting his feet back on the floor, he walked to the cabinet and took out the ceramic porcelain. It was beautiful, very beautiful. He opened the lid and it were all dust, a lot of it to be added! He coughed when some of it flew in his nostril.

“Ugh why are  there so many dust? did they collect it?” Sehun murmured in his palm, trying to cover his nose from it.

However he placed it back in the cabinet, this time in the front as the main accessory since despite from being completely dusty inside, it still looks nice from the outside so it’s a no problem to him as long as it stay in that cabinet. He took a one last glance on the ceramic porcelain before walking away to his bed again.

Sehun was about to fall asleep when he felt a light touch running down his left thigh. He immediately rosed up, pulling the comforter over himself, he was panting, hard. His eyes running wild around the huge room before it soon fell on the porcelain. It was back  to his previous position at the very end of the cabinet. He was not that stupid to just stay and stare at that thing so the next thing he found himself doing was calling Chanyeol.

“You need to come here!” Sehun yelled on the line, voice clearly breaking and Chanyeol doesn’t waste any time to ask what had happened before grabbing his helmet and speed to the private land again.

 

 

 

 

 

“I swear to god I placed it at the front and then it’s back to his old position again.” Sehun cried as he hugged his body on the couch.

“I’m sorry, I totally forgot to get this thing out. This is the previous owner’s great grandfather ashes. They left it there and I forget to take it out.” Chanyeol explained and Sehun felt like slapping the idiot right at that moment. “I will take this away.” He said before walking to the front door with Sehun tailing behind him like a scared puppy.

Chanyeol walked through the dark front yard and Sehun swear he can’t see anything before the  other turned his scooter on. He leaned his body on the door frame as Chanyeol waved at him with that annoying grin on his face again.  But he waved back nevertheless to be appropriate. He shut the door and ran back to his room as soon as Chanyeol lost in sight.

“Okay, great grandpa is off.” Sehun sighed as he found himself staring into nothing again. He can’t sleep. Why can’t he bring himself to sleep? it was already too late. He twisted and turned his body around but nothing could make out. He sighed and walked out to the balcony, as soon as he opened the door, the wind gushed in and swiped his face. The wave was wild, hitting the rock as if it was on range. He raised his head and the star was invisible too, exchanged with a loud thunder. He was startled and ran back to his room, hiding himself under the comforter before he heard the rain pouring down. Wow what a great first night.

 

 

 

 

 

He woke up the next morning to the sound of birds chirping by the window. He sat on the bed and touched his face, relieved that he managed to sleep. he stared out the window and the weather was nice again eventhough it was still wet from last night downpour. He opened the door and walked out the balcony, already catching a sight of Chanyeol’s scooter from afar. He can’t deny that it feels great that Chanyeol is visiting.

The bell to the front door jingled and Chanyeol was already, you know, grinning at him with a little girl by his side. “Good morning.” Both of them said and Sehun smiled.

“What is it?” Sehun asked.

“I forgot to take couple of belongings from the previous previous owner.” Chanyeol blurted out.

“Oh. Okay come in.”

“Come Chaelin.” Chanyeol ushered the little girl.

“Is she your daughter?”

Chanyeol glared at him, for the first time. “He’s my sister. I’m too young to have a kid.”

Sehun just chuckled and follow them all to the attic.

 Chaelin was rustling through the pile of boxes at the moment when she abruptably stopped and stared, basically at the wall. She was smiling and Chanyeol was too busy on his searching to notice. Sehun just stared at the little girl from down, she’s talking right now and was waving her hand, as if asking for someone to take it. The girl then pouted and giggled, Sehun suddenly felt each hairs on his body standing when Chaelin looked at him and then back at the wall before she continued to giggle.

“Aha!” Chanyeol suddenly raised an old photo album in the air, incredibly startling him. “Found it!” He GRINNED and reached his hand to grab Chaelin’s, making their way down the steep stairs.

“Careful.” Sehun warned.

“The previous owner before Mr.Lee’s family asked me to grab this in the attic when I informed them that there’s a new owner to this house. Geez~ why don’t they take their things before moving away.” Chanyeol grunted as they make their way to the front door.

“Oh okay, is there anything more they left here?” Sehun asked sarcastically.

Chanyeol grinned some more and puffed his cheeks. “Fine.. fine I won’t disturb you again.”

“Nah I’m just kidding. Y-you can come if you want.”

“Seriously?! But you’re so not friendly.” He joked but Sehun know that’s the truth.

“W-well I-I want to see Chaelin again.” He stared down that little girl and Chaelin walked to him, leaving Chanyeol walking away to start the engine of his scooter. Chaelin craned her head to have a better look at Sehun and the taller raised his eyebrows.

“Is that hyung gonna come down or he gonna stay in the attic?” Chaelin asked innocently.

“W-who?” Sehun stammered, sweat started to form on his forehead.

“That hyung.” Chaelin pointed over her little finger to the small window of the attic. Sehun turned around to look but no one was there.

“Chaelin! Let’s go home!” Chanyeol called over her little sister and the girl ran away as she waved Sehun a goodbye.

The other can’t even bring himself to even react on what’s happening, but he sure was having a goosebump. He lazily bring himself to walk in the house again, eyeing on each corner of the living room, he dragged his feet up the stairs and opened the door to his master bedroom. Heaving a really loud sigh, he throw himself on the bed and whined in frustration. His eyes suddenly got really heavy but before he could even close his eyes, there’s already a soft peck on his cheek.