Two

Crawling With Two Legs

After the man pulled him out of the car, he started to drag the small body towards his vehicle. “It’s going to be fine~.” The boy’s instincts caused him to tug his arm from the large figure to be free but the man just held on tighter. “Think of it as your new home.” ignoring the words he was drowning the boy in, he continued trying to free himself.

Each second passed too slowly. It seemed as though he’d never get away from him. Then, to his surprise, he was free from tight grasp. “GOD DAMN IT!”

The boy instantly ran back to his own car but passed it as the man’s footsteps could be heard from behind him, growing louder with each step. The kid looked over his shoulder to see how far the murderer had been. His hand was waving in the air holding the metal bar, with blood splattering around.

The child could feel his face flushing while he thought of his family’s deaths. A pain in his chest arose from his heart pumping hard and fast from both fear and grief. His eyes began to water and his vision got blurry, no longer seeing the path of escape.

After a few seconds of crying, he could feel the freezing strands of tears falling to the sides. His hands rose up and rubbed his teary eyes a couple times to force them to go away. The second time he pulled his hands up his right foot started to lack energy and hit the ground, making his body fall.

He could feel the scrapes on his knees and hands caused by the rough road. He used the last of his strength and got to a crawling position before two large feet landed in front of him. He looked up and the man smiled. Not a moment passed before he stomped on the little hands.

“Time to sleep. You bastard.” Large hands were clasping on the edge of the bar above the kid’s head, but instead of hitting him right there, the bar drew to the side and swung. “Goodnight.”

When the bar was still air all the boy could do was curse at himself…

HAPPY ING BIRTHDAY!

And darkness overcame the light…

 

About another two days later, the boy was awakened by the intercom again. Each day they sent the boy instructions to make sure he is in good health but today was different.

Good morning my little toy. To respond the boy only moaned. Cheer up, today is an important day for you. A big decision is to be made.

The boy cocked his head to the side. They never had him make choices. Each day they would either feed him or let him sleep and during those times the lady would talk to him.

They talked many times because the girl was always curious about the reason he was here. He wasn’t sure why he was here in the first place. His family was killed and he would also be dead if the killer didn’t have a sudden interest in the boy. He told her he doesn’t know and he told her about the story that the man had told him. She assumes that the man wanted to raise him as his own son because he was the child of the woman he loved.

After this talk they would talk about each other lives before the tragedy. The girl has a son too, he was almost the same age as the boy, but a few years younger. Her life story was not as sad as his and she seemed to be happy with the choices she made, besides this one.

Her family is in America right now to search for a house. She was left behind to watch over their place while they were gone. While walking home one day, she dropped her bags on the sidewalk and bent down to pick them up when a man came over to help. He insisted to help her take it home and once they reached her house he tried to take advantage of her. She punched the man but he reached out for her and hit her multiple times, telling her that she should just let him do what he wanted. He tried to attempt his actions again but the lady kept resisting and receiving hits from him. Later on he grew tired of the situation and hit her hard enough to have her knocked out. And here she is now.

They got to care to each other in the two days, thinking of one another as a small family just between the both of them. On the days he received food, he would walk over to her in the dark, being led by her voice, just to feed her since she was never served. Just like that they grew a strong bond.