Three

Crawling With Two Legs

Everything is collapsing again. His eyes were wide open staring at the floor in disbelief because of an announcement that had just happened commanding him to kill the lady or they would both be murdered.

This woman was always there for him, at least as long as the time they’ve met each other. The boy’s hands slowly began to shake when bright lights flashed in the room and a man walked into the door.

He could clearly see what the woman looked like. Her hair was long and greasy from the lack of showering but it looked beautiful. She seemed to be in her late 20’s with small wrinkles forming at the ends of her eyes but not enough to clearly see them.

He looked back at the man and the huge being was right in front of him holding out a knife and pointing a gun at the boy’s head, in case he tried something stupid. After setting the knife on the ground the man turned to the exit and left with the lights still on.

The girl solemnly smiled at the boy and nodded her head a bit but he rapidly shook his head, “It’s okay, you can do it.” He could hear her voice have a slight saddening tone. And he continued to shake his head while backing up to the wall to stay away from her. “I want you to do it.”

He didn’t want to lose his second mother figure. He buried his head into his knees. There was silence that lasted for an hour, until she began to chuckle. The boy’s cries were calming in confusion of her action. When he looked into her eyes, she started laughing aloud with a huge smile on her face.

“Why… why are you laughing?” For some reason his hand started to wander around until it hit the end of the knife and his fingers slowly wrapped around it.

“Why not?” She gave him a gaze that was difficult to read. “It’s quite amusing when we’ve only known each other for a short time. But hey.. I’ll find a way for both of us to escape if you let me live, wouldn’t that be nice?” The boy was drawn into this idea. He loved his mom but he couldn’t stand living in this dark room. “Thankfully your worthless parents died.”

Worthless? His parents had never been there him, even when he cried in pain they were absent. She was right, they were worthless, but a small voice claimed he’s the only one who has the right to say that.

“What’s with that spark in your eye?” Without knowing his eyes became cold and his hand was tightly gripping the knife. He began to rise from the floor and walk towards her. She only smiled but her eyes showed the fear she had, as he stepped closer. The most shocking part is when he had no hesitation to stab her in the chest.

Soon the floor was covered in blood mixed with the tears she had revealed. Her cries of pain filled the room and one of her hands tightly hooked onto the kid’s shirt.

“Don’t call them worthless.” He said. There wasn’t a feeling in his soul at the moment and the glare in his eye didn’t go away. The hand that was grabbing his clothes loosened and she look into his face. Her hands both wrapped around his waist and pulled him close to her body, causing the knife to deepen.

His body went limp from shock and his eyes became soft, even teary as her voice slipped into his ear. She was hard to understand because her voice was muffled by her own blood. “Don’t hate me, okay?”

His tears came out like a waterfall and he pulled away. His hands went towards her wound but he didn’t dare to touch it. “W-Why?”

“I want you to be happy.” Now that he thought about the smile she had while laughing, he could remember the sadness lurking in her dark brown eyes. The lady’s hand went up gesturing him to come closer to pull him into another hug.

He rested against her side and she began to hum a melody. Soon enough he had fallen asleep from his shooken body, but he would eventually rise from a dream, whereas the lady would never wake, even when the boy screams her name.


I'm running low on confidence ><