Four

Crawling With Two Legs

“Now.” The boy was holding the knife high in the air and was scared about what he was going to do next. “I said, now!” The man came up to the kid and whacked him in the back with a large stick. The boy’s eyes were filling up and he trembled with fear because he saw the man pull out a knife next.

“Better do it, son.” That word was once very beautiful to the boy, but now, it was disgusting. The man got a step closer. “You’re not going to do it?”

Then the boy’s knife came down onto an unborn child, followed with a woman’s scream. The man smiled widely, “Now.”

The boy deepened the knife until the pregnant lady screeched only satisfying the man. He yanked out the blade and brought it to the girl’s chest slowly pushing it in. If he did it any faster he would be punished that night.

The boy had tried many times to kill himself whenever he had a knife in his hand for the past year, but failed to do so because of the male adult that kept him on a short leash.

---

4 years passed, he was now 13 years old and still killing the people that the man forced him to murder. He was beaten or starved almost to death if he couldn’t do a simple job like killing a baby that the man created with the women that came into the building.

The young criminal was in the room again. He had a bed, clothes and things he never had in the beginning, but he just sat at his desk all the time. The man managed to find his home and bring things back, especially notebooks. He also hired teachers to tutor him privately about the world so he wouldn’t grow up as a mindless idiot.

/BEEP/ The intercom went off, commanding for the boy’s presence.

“Son, come here.” The man had been sick for the past two weeks so his voice was dry whenever he talked. The boy went to the edge of the bed and the weak man started to laugh. “I’m proud of you.”

“Sir, what is this about?”

“I never thought you would stay this long.” He coughed.

“I never wanted to.”

“Then why are you still here?” The boy clenched up his fists.

“For revenge, sir.” A blank stare was looking at him and he could feel it while he faced the ground, then, a sudden laugh.

“You missed your chance, son.”

“I don’t know what you mean sir.”

“I’m dying.” The kid’s head shot up and his eyes were wide.

“I don’t understand.”

“Cancer.” Cancer? “Ah, do you not know what cancer is?” No response. “It’s like a disease that kills a person inside.”

“Sir,” He couldn’t believe it. “Sir! You can’t die! Not now!”

“You should’ve killed me when you got the chance.” The boy jumped onto the bed and began hitting the man with all the fury he had, but he was weak and his strength was not enough to kill. Effortlessly, the man raised his fist and knocked the kid off of him.

He continued to laugh and grabbed a gun. “Damn bastard.” The boy was shocked at what he saw next or what he knew would happen. Blood covered the floor from the lifeless body on the bed.

“ARGH!” the young one grabbed the gun and shot the man over and over. “WHY, WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!” He stormed around the room, throwing every object around, looking through the papers trying to find something that he didn’t even know himself.

After an hour of looking through papers, he found it. He found the object that can bring him his revenge, a photo with another little boy in it. Not just any boy, the boy the man had mentioned before. His only live son.

------

It had been a few days that the kid provided for himself in the house he grew up in. The man had plenty of food to last him several weeks, but the kid knew he couldn’t stay there in case one of the man’s subjects came for a visit.

So he grabbed a bag that was big enough to take some food, he also found small stacks of money that was hidden away in the man’s closet and shoved them away. One day of packing, one night of good rest, and he left the hellhole of his childhood.

He wandered around the area. It was in a countryside far from the city of… Seoul? He knew the answer, but was never really taught about it, he wanted to go there. So he began walking without any knowledge of directions, until he saw a bus stop and decided to use it to get as far away as possible from this wrenched place.

Unfortunately, it only took him to another small town instead of Seoul.  There he had to walk and provide his own shelter using alleyways to avoid the cold and hot weathers.

He lived this way for three weeks before he bumped into a woman that looked around the age of 27. “Oh, hi there.” She smiled warmly to him.

“Hello.”

“Are you lost?” Her face seemed worrisome.

“Aniya.”

“You look like you are lost.” His face was dirty, hair greasy, and he was starting to smell.

“Ani-.” His stomach growled. He hasn’t eaten much, considering his only food source was what he was occupied with. She smiled once more. When she smiled she resembled his mom or the lady in the way of making him feel safe.

“What’s your name?” No reply. She reached towards him, which sent a shock through his body, and grabbed his hand. “Follow me. I’ll feed you and clean you up before I let you leave again.”

I'm kind of not the best writer.