Plan B : Escape Route

Tit-For-Tat
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Move her up boys! Up, up, up. A little to the right, a little more, perfect." The boss commanded to the other four men in a strict tone, putting his hand on his hip, pointing his finger on the X he traced with his foot.

Your feet didn't want to budge but they forcefully pushed you in the back; you fell on the ground face-to-face to the sand you swallowed unwillingly and choked a little.

''NO! LET MY MOTHER GO! LEAVE HER ALONE! IF YOU'RE GOING TO HURT HER YOU'LL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST!'' Though you barely saw anything, you could sense her presence and crawled to shield her from his fatal wooden bullets that is yet to be fired.

You were blindfolded. You put your hand over your mouth to stifle a scream, you could hear your heart hammering in your chest echoing in your head, you then realised that you were holding your breath, you eased the air out of your lungs slowly, then the smell hit you. You suspected a familiar air, a familiar scent you've smelled before. Oh yes! Near the beach at Jeju island. It was located in the south west of the Korean Peninsula. It had been designated as Jeju Special Self-Governing province. It was the Republic of Korea’s largest island. A world famous volcanic island with more than 90 percent of its total area covered with basalt. It was strategically located island connected continental nations (Russia and China) to island nations (Japan and South – East Asia). It was a resort island with magnificent view of nature. Jeju was an oval shaped island that was 73 Kms from East to West and 31 Kms from north to south, with Hallasan mountain the centre. The island had a coastal ring road of 181 kms and 258 kms of coastline. It had a temperate climate with temperatures that rarely dropped below zero degrees. The island was a home to both polar and tropical animals. It was a home to 77 types of mammal, 198 species of bird, 8 kinds each of reptiles and amphibians. 873 types of insects and 74 varieties of spiders. The island with Hallasan mountain at its centre, had recorded a total of 2001 types of vertically distributed sub-tropical, temperate and polar vegetation in comparison with Back Dusan mountain, which had about 500 types and Jirisan mountain. The place where your biological dad brought you on occasions back in highschool during every year on spring break along with your little sister Park Yeon Soo. She will be missed dearly. Never will she be erased from your memory.

''A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter