BOOM

My Endless Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We were so happy, weren’t we?“ she said. There wasn’t an ounce of bitterness in the lines of her thin smile, only wistfulness and perhaps a slight tinge of regret.

 

Taeyeon looked at her then, her index finger absently circling the rim of the coffee cup she was holding, a habit Jessica knew Taeyeon had whenever she was nervous.

 

“You still do that,” she said off-handedly.

Taeyeon stopped abruptly and looked away, eyebrows knitting together, as if she couldn’t quite understand what she was doing here, or why.

 

“Say something,” Jessica whispered and in her voice contained every unanswered question, every unfinished business between the two of them, the air growing thick with it.

 

“I don’t know what to say,” Taeyeon said, still looking outside the window. She clenched her jaw, and willed herself to meet her gaze. “I just... don’t want to hurt you more than I already have sica...”

 

Air rushed out of her, and her heart faltered. For a while they just sat there and both knew, in the seconds that followed they remembered everything they went through together—all the love, trials, frustrations, dreams shared, laughter they drew out of each other, all the tears they wiped tenderly off each other’s faces—and the heartbreak of it all.

 

However Jessica’s eyes went soft, her lips turning upward into the saddest of smiles.

“I loved you so very much, you know.” She said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter