Five: Hugs

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Group Chat

Group name: Ugliesss (3)

Baekhyun: asdfGHDjklneuhejbhb IyshdjUThDrgfaujgde593vj uydhkg!!!1!1!!!11!!1!!

Chanyeol: dude you okay

Sooyoung: pretty sure he sat on his phone

Chanyeol: no, he probably dropped the phone on his face

Sooyoung: wanna bet?

Chanyeol: bring it on

Sooyoung: I bet on my car

Chanyeol:  I’m betting my whole house

Sooyoung: I JUST SCREENSHOT THAT you better not chicken out Chanyeol!!

Chanyeol: sure

Baekhyun: asufe8bUghdi3hn927hk Nu7732gb!!!!k  JGDHJbdsn11!!1!1

Sooyoung: he’s drunk

Chanyeol: or maybe he thinks typing with his nose is a good idea

Baekhyun: gUYS gUYS

Chanyeol: what

Chanyeol: spill the beans

Sooyoung: give me my precious 2 minutes back if what you’re going to say is irrelevant or else

Chanyeol: she’ll roast you

Baekhyun: NO IT’S PROBABLY DAMN NEAR THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU’RE EVER GOING TO FIND OUT

Baekhyun: I actually typed with my .

...

...

Baekhyun: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH ISN’T THAT FUNNY

....

Baekhyun: guys where are you

Baekhyun: you lowlives I was just kidding

Baekhyun: aw come on guys

Baekhyun: ohmygod I better lock my doors and windows tonight since murderers are lurking around looking for preys

Baekhyun: Okay I’m real scared now

Baekhyun: wait I’m sorry. No that was not the real info. Now shut up and HEAR ME OUT FELLAS

Sooyoung: you’re not one to talk since you literally made my notifications explode

Baekhyun: Okay okay woman! Now back to being serious!!!

Chanyeol: yea whut

Baekhyun: gUYS

Baekhyun: I met Kim Taeyeon, I repeat, KIM TAEYEON today!!!!!!!! This is the best day ever!!!

Sooyoung: is it just me or he sounds like a teenager girl

Sooyoung: no offense

Baekhyun: no one taken

Chanyeol: lmao

Baekhyun: So I heard there’s still an open recruitment for people who want to participate in the closing of the whole festival event which is one month from now on

Baekhyun: Guess what I did

Sooyoung: Baekhyun you did not

Baekhyun: I DID

Chanyeol: the world’s gonna end tomorrow

Baekhyun: but guess what, I’m gonna cancel it tomorrow lmao. I did that only to get inside the committe’s room. That was just a sudden idea.

Sooyoung: and maybe the worst idea ever

Baekhyun: ....

Baekhyun: Since Taeyeon is one of the organizers, as well as the participant itself for both the opening and closing, sheesh she’s such a busy woman, so I got inside the room and filled the registration form and she was there and you know what WE SHOOK HANDS

Chanyeol: does she know your name now

Baekhyun: IDK BBUTT I introduced myself to her SHE HAS TO REMEMBER MY NAME

Sooyoung: I doubt that. Since like, she didn’t even know you existed lmao

Chanyeol: I second that.

Baekhyun: This is why I hate you all

Baekhyun: bYE

Sooyoung: yea goodnight have a nice nightmare.

Baekhyun: wait why the hell is our group subject 'ugliesss' ? cause I'm sure as hell am not ugly. 

Baekhyun: maybe you two are, but I'm not

...

***

Choi Sooyoung never had anything against people. But if she had someone that she couldn’t tolerate, that one probably was Jihyun. A girl from her class. Jihyun seemed like she always had something to annoy her. Jihyun never approached her and literally yelled at her. Yet Sooyoung knew that this girl hated her for some unknown reason. Jihyun’s actions towards her were quite obvious, at least to her, the looks of judging, the eyes-rolling, sometimes Sooyoung was even sure she was talking (or more like whispering) to her friends while looking at her when Sooyoung passed by. And those happened not only once.

And today was no exception. Sooyoung was late and the parking lot was quite full for her car to park. She kinda regretted that she didn’t wake up earlier and go with her neighbors aka the duo instead. Thanks to the assignment that was due today that she did only the night before, causing her to get only three hours of sleep.

Finding one free spot, her face lit up. She stirred the steering-wheel to make a turn only to be forcefully stopped when a red car did a wild turn and filled the empty spot Sooyoung was aiming first.

‘What the actual ?’

And when the door opened, came Jihyun with her fancy clothes. Sooyoung swore she saw a light smirk on her face. To say that Sooyoung was annoyed was understandable. She was furious.

Sooyoung was ready to snap at this Jihyun girl and probably roast her but was quick to realize that she was already too late, far too late. So she stepped on the pedal and left her fast hoping to find another one empty spot to park.

***

As if her day wasn’t bad enough, Sooyoung forgot that day she was going to have a quiz and she wasn’t prepared at all. And arriving late to class, she only had a half time since the quiz started almost thirty minutes ago and the second she saw the first question, she was sure she was going to fail so hard.

“When did we even learn this?”

“Oh my god, why isn’t there at least one easy question?”

“The hell is this.”

“Rip me.”

And the half time she got was spent only on questioning the questions.

And the day’s gotten worse from there that she wished she had stayed on bed instead. It started when out of a sudden Jihyun had decided to be y today, out of all days. She suddenly threw a tantrum at her when Sooyoung didn’t even do anything. As if the incident in the parking lot was not frustrating enough for her. She really didn’t have time to deal with her attitude.

“What kind of idea is that?! Listen, Choi Sooyoung! Just because you’re like what, the smartest student in our class, doesn’t mean your idea is always good! In fact, it !”

Jihyun was probably having a bad day also but it was always not right to suddenly leash one’s anger to another one who literally did nothing wrong.

So you see, Jihyun somehow managed to lead an English debate competition—one of the events of the festival held once in a year—committees, and Sooyoung was one of the representatives to attend the discussion.

“You know we are kinda having a problem with financial here, right?  We need supports from some companies. So maybe, first, we need to see the list of all the companies that supported this whole big event’s fund from last year, and as Sooyoung said, we may need to have a fundraiser also,” one of them calmly said despite the tension floating in air.

“And someone kinda has to control her temper,” Jessica—who was sitting beside Sooyoung the whole time—spoke. “why is she our leader again?”

“And what do you mean by that?!?!?!”

“Ugh, did you even get my point here?” Jessica had literally got up from her seat by now, competing with her glare. She seemed more than ready for a fight. “What I’m trying to say is, calm the down. You do realize that it’s roughlt three weeks away from this day right?”

Sooyoung tried real hard to reamin calm since she didn’t want match the leader’s anger. “Yeah you may hate me for all reasons but at least try to be professional here for a moment and try to listen to my opinions.” Jihyun glared at her. “I don’t hate you.”

“Really?! Care to explain why you throw literally all of my opinions away saying that they ?!? Do you hate me that much?! Did you even consider at least one of my opinion?” and the group of people nearly jumped on their spots when their leader hit the table.

And when things were getting out of hand, someone clapped his hands, requiring for attention. “Enough girls. Things might get violent here from now on, so why don’t we take a break first?”
 

***

So because it was eight pm in the evening and since winter was really coming, they decided to take a coffee break. But as if life was playing a trick on her and really enjoyed to see Sooyoung suffer, a girl from another class, supposedly her hoobae, spilled the whole content of her hot cup to Sooyoung’s white thick hoodie when they collided.

The girl gasped at the stain she made in Sooyoung’s hoodie and the stain was mostly on her sleeve. “Oh my God! I’m so sorry, I didn’t see where I was going. I’m so sorry, Sooyoung-sunbae is it?”

Sooyoung smiled painfully at her, silently cursing her bad luck. She really wanted to leash her anger but the girl seemed to feel very guilty judging from her looks. Instead of Sooyoung, it was her that looked like in the verge of crying. “No, no, it’s okay, really,” she reassured the girl, smiling.

“I am really sorry. I can wash that!”

“No it’s okay. Ah, I have to hurry, my break is over. Don’t feel too guilty, okay? Bye!”

She waved at the girl and run to the rendezvous room. But her arms started to get too sticky and it didn’t exactly feel nice, forcing her to take her hoodie off despite the freezing cold. The only warm place was the room since it had a heater, but of course it was not enough. Everyone was wearing at least a jacket yet she now only wore a long-sleeved shirt.

***

Once Sooyoung got home. She treated herself with a hot relaxing bath, thinking and listing all that had happened today. She even remembered Jihyun purposely bumped her shoulder with Sooyoung’s when she walked past her.

‘That hoe has a problem’

Despite the exhausting day at the university, she couldn’t fall asleep fast, thinking that maybe the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter