Eleven: Encounter and Flowers

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Choi Sooyoung never considered her life as flat. But now that she thought about it for a while, never even once a drama happened in her life. She would often read some drama told by the people in the twitter. She wondered why some people have to go through all those things, but maybe she was just lucky, or not? Sooyoung wondered how it would feel like to ride the rollercoaster of life. The fun things she had had were all in the past. She no longer could go around pulling pranks on people and make people’s life miserable. She wanted to know how the people from her childhood were doing now.

Sooyoung had been living in her current home for half of her age. She had stuck around Baekhyun and Chanyeol for so long. So maybe that’s why her life had always been flat. Something that was closest to drama was probably her (and Baekhyun) witnessing Chanyeol and that Jihyun having a conversation right now.

Not a civilized one, unfortunately.

Because they could hear the woman snapping at their homebody friend. It all was happening in the outdoor cafeteria near their faculty building.

“She told you it was me but here you are pretending you don’t know anything?!” They heard again. “What the hell am I supposed to do?” Chanyeol replied back with an angry tone but he wasn’t yelling and he was not snapping either.

The girl probably had not noticed that they had become the center of attention but Chanyeol did. It was sickening to him. The people were pretending to eat but it was obvious their ears were sticking to hear the weird conversation. People love drama.

Chanyeol’s eyes flickered for a second and he looked at a certain distance, finding both of his friends watching confusedly. He paid no attention anymore to the girl who was still blabbering.

Chanyeol rose to his feet. He grabbed his backpack and just left the girl there feeling even angrier.

“What just happened?” Baekhyun asked as soon as Chanyeol stood in front of him. But he continued walking past him. Baekhyun quickly followed, Sooyoung just right next to him. “I thought you and her weren’t even acquaintances.”

Chanyeol wanted to tell them what really happened back there but he, himself, did not know what exactly had happened. It was too absurd for him too. Sooyoung and Baekhyun were mad curious too since Chanyeol was not the type to respond to anything hateful. The two still hadn’t heard anything until they got into the bus taking them home.

“You know, you aren’t the type to fight with anyone. Let alone a girl...” Sooyoung said. Baekhyun made a face. “Emma Watson would be very disappointed to hear that from you, Sooyoung.” The girl just ignored him. “Anyways come on Chanyeol I have to know before I die. This is so unexpected in a sweet day of spring.” Baekhyun and Sooyoung had sandwich-ed Chanyeol.

Baekhyun agreed. “Yes please. Spill the tea.”

“I’m gonna make it short. She has a thing for me.” The two nodded, as they already knew that long ago. “And I know it. Thanks to you two.” The two nodded again. “She somehow knows that I know.”

The two nodded for the third time but then their expression changed so quickly. Eyes widen. “Wait, she does?!” Sooyoung asked. “How?” Baekhyun continued for her. The tallest among them only gave a shake of his head and just went on.

 

“So I was about to text one of you and she came out of nowhere and said, ‘didn’t expect to see you alone. Where are your shadows?’ I didn’t know she was talking to me so yeah I asked if she was asking me. She looked really insulted and I don’t know why and there she just threw tantrum on me and literally blurted out everything.”

He explained as brief as he could. Chanyeol was relieved that the two understood his explaining or it would be painful to explain more.

“The next thing that happened was she snapped at me before I knew it and I didn’t know why I responded to her tantrum. I should have just left.”

“She’s scary,” Baekhyun said for the first time. “Is she really like that?” The question was particularly for Sooyoung. The brunette nodded. That girl really loved throwing anger literally at everyone but mostly Sooyoung.

“So she was angry because you haven’t said anything to her despite you knowing her feelings long ago since valentine’s day, eventhough she didn’t really confess?” Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol only gave a nod. “Well then that isn’t your fault.”

“I know.”

“Anything else?” Sooyoung asked him. He probably left out some part. “The rest was...” He stopped to think about it for a second. “..I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Alright then.” This time it was Baekhyun who talked. “But it was cool of you that you didn’t explode like her too.” Chanyeol made a face. “You expected me to do what? Pull her hair? Throw fists?”

Baekhyun turned to look at Sooyoung. “Okay, another day and we found out that Jihyun is nuts. So I want you to tell me if she starts doing some crazy like sending death threats, dead rats to your house, kay?”

Sooyoung stared at him. She dind’t think Jihyun was crazy enough to be doing those things she always found in kdramas. “Well Jihyun is nuts but she’s old and matured enough to not do that. The only problem with her is that she has some anger-control issues. I and my classmates already know that. One more thing, she kinda hates everyone too but she is not a psycho.”

Baekhyun let his mind think for a second. “Okay we don’t have to worry about you, then.” Sooyoung’s heart swelled with happiness because her friend was being the sweetest thing on earth right now.

Baekhyun seemed like he wouldn’t let this topic die because he started speaking again. Some things were still so weird for his brain to digest. “Jihyun likes Chanyeol but instead of fighting the girl that’s likely to be his girlfriend or any girl that’s close to him like you, she fought with Chanyeol himself. That’s just weird on so many levels. I can’t just accept it. She should have been fighting with you.”

“Me?” Sooyoung asked, “oh, so you don’t want her having a quarrel with Chanyeol but you don’t mind her having a quarrel with me?”

“No—”

“I knew it!”

“No but if that happens, have no worries Sooyoung, I’ll be there shaking my shiny metallic pom poms, unleashing my inner cheerleader self. I’ll chant your name as loud as I could.”

“Imagine Taeyeon watching you doing that.”

“I don’t mind.”

She smirked. “Then I’ll ask Jihyun for a fight tomorrow morning. You better show up wearing cheerleader outfit and a pair of pom pom.”

“I’ll wear a hot-pink wig too.”

“I’m calling Jihyun.” She really did pull out her phone and quickly made a dial. Baekhyun freaked out, his hands reaching out to her phone, nearly tossing her phone out the window. “Ha! I know you will never!” In fact, she was dialing her sister’s number.

“Anyways let’s not talk about this anymore,” Sooyoung added. Baekhyun frowned. “Why?”

“Because we have arrived . Let’s get out.”

Baekhyun’s frown didn’t leave. He stared at Chanyeol. “Why is she always harsh to me?” Chanyeol nearly laughed for the first time. “Believe me. She once called me a buffoon.”

“Is that supposed to be worse?”

But Chanyeol had already been outside.

***

It had been three hourse since the weird conversation between the always-angry girl and Chanyeol. Fortunately, today was Friday. No school tomorrow, also day off for her sister. Sooyoung re-read the text from Seohyun. It was real, no work for not tomorrow but next week until further notice. They closed it for the time being. The Jung family were going to go oversea. So, double yay for her.

Sooyoung couldn’t wait to be free from work for a while. Sometimes she questioned herself why she decided to work in the first place but her family was very supportive of her when she first told them that she wanted to work part-time. Also, that feeling of having extra money on her bank account made it all worth it. So Sooyoung didn't have a single regret.

She had eaten her lunch hours ago and dinner would be served in three hours. She was in that awkward hour between lunch and dinner because she was feeling hungry again. She couldn't just wait fof three whole hours until dinner. It was still 4 pm.

Sooyoung decided to go visit Chanyeol, checking up on him if he was still shook by what had happened just three hours ago. After all, the only quarrels Chanyeol had had in the past was just him laughing at the other crying boy, until teacher had to stop it and scold Chanyeol. It was during his prime days as a pro prankster. He really liked to make someone's child cry.

Without having to ask for permission to go, she rose from her bed and headed downstairs. Seconds later she was outside. She walked past Baekhyun's house in the middle. All outside lights were on but it was dark inside. Seemed like he and his own family weren't home. Baekhyun had told he and his parents would eat dinner outside

She knocked on the door. The one who opened it was Mr. Park or Chanyeol's fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter