Four: Pass Out

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Sooyoung had their night shift every Saturday and Sunday, meaning they had to do the closing. It was ten in the evening. Baekhyun swiped the last table with a dramatic move, while Sooyoung locked the cashier machine. Their boss had left early, trusting them to close the shop despite them being new workers. Chanyeol sat at one of the chairs, patiently waiting for them to finish.

Once they were sure all was settled down, Chanyeol got up as both Baekhyun and Sooyoung walked past him. The chilly and crisp night air greeted them once they stepped out after locking the back door. It was late autumn and winter was coming. Oh how they wished the could just stay inside the cozy coffee shop.

Chanyeol's car was parked at the back of the shop. They rushed to get inside Chanyeol's black car, turning on the heater as soon as they got in. Too tired to even talk, the journey back home was quiet. Sooyoung had the passenger seat in the middle all to herself, she liked to sit alone. That way, she could hold her legs up.

"Wanna chill in the rooftop first?" Chanyeol asked once his house came to their view. "Chill? You do realize that it's like, what, ten degree here, right?" Sooyoung rolled her eyes. Before they worked, three of them usually stay at Chanyeol's rooftop every Saturday for the purpose of chilling after school and had a sleepover after that, they still did it sometimes but work had gotten them tired every Saturday and they rarely did that routine anymore.

"But we haven't done it in weeks, though. We can have Yura-noona's hot chocolate! How does that sound?" Baekhyun being awfully cheerful in such an exhausting day was something Sooyoung wondered about forever.

Hot chocolate did sound tempting, though.

So Sooyoung agreed to postpone her sleeping schedule for another hour even though it was already late at night. Besides Chanyeol's rooftop was their best place to hang out. Sooyoung once begged her father to make a rooftop like Chanyeol's in her own house but Choi Jungnam didn't grant her wish. He liked the way their house already was.

There, they could just talk about the most random and absurd things, watch netflix, and have some hot chocolate to relieve stress.

Chanyeol opened the door to the rooftop, and the chilly air slapped their faces. "You sure about 'chilling' here? We could just stay inside watching netflix or something," Sooyoung said again. "It's not that cold!" Baekhyun argued. "She's right, it's cold here. Let's get inside. Maybe tomorrow wouldn't be this cold. The wind's pretty harsh tonight."

Oh how Sooyoung really wanted to hug her other friend that time, both for agreeing with her, and for the warmth she could get.

So they settled with just staying at his other room that was so comfy, cozy, but also spacey. There were only a grand piano at the corner, one red couch and a fluffy carpet with a fluffy big teddy bear sitting on it. Chanyeol's family just didn't know what to do with this room so they just left it that way. It was near the balcony.

Just then they heard a knock. And Yura's pretty face peeked through the opening of the door.

"Do any of you want some hot chocolate before I go? I have a sleepover at Soojin and I's old friend."

"YES!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "Three mugs of hot chocolate please, pretty noona." She smiled at Baekhyun's antics. "Coming right up, kids." She closed the door and went to the kitchen.

"Why is your sister so pretty, and kind, and generous, and so lovely, oh—" Chanyeol decided to ignore that since Baekhyun always said the exact same thing everytime his sister made them hot chocolate, which Baekhyun exclaimed to be the best in the world

"Shut it, Baekhyun. I'm concentrating. What movie actually do we want to watch?" She already had a laptop on her lap. "A christmas-themed movie?" Chanyeol suggested. "Nope," Sooyoung answered as quick as he asked. "Horror?"

"What?! No!" Baekhyun was never going to agree on that. Just then the door opened again, revealing Yura with mugs of chocolate. The smell was already mouth-watering and the cold air wasn't helping at all too. "Yay! Thank you!"

"Okay kids, please watch the house while I'm gone as you all know that father and mother are on an important trip, so see you in the morning."

"Is Soojin with you?" Sooyoung asked as her both of her hands clasped around the warm mug. She sipped carefully. It was hot. "Yeah, she's downstairs. So off we go, bye!" Chanyeol's sister left as quick as she came and heard her footsteps heading downstairs. So Chanyeol was technically home alone now.

After an unncessary banter, they settled with the first movie of Harry Potter. The three of them are such a big fan of Harry Potter, both for the novel and movie. Eventually the movie came to its finish and yet they were still in the room. Baekhyun claimed that it was too cold to get outside even for a second. Sooyoung was hugging the huge teddy bear as she asked, "so what do you think about the earth's gravity? If it's not for the gravity, we could be floating in the space right now."

"Yeah. I want to try that, though," Baekhyun responded to the random, absurd, and completely out of place topic that could came out of an English literature student's mouth. But that was just how absurd they got when the night was getting so late. And their words had became slurpy. "I wonder what's on the Pluto's surface, though." Chanyeol stared at the ceiling dramatically.

And so the rest of the night went with them talking about how the earth was the most ideal planet for humans to live in.

***

Chanyeol woke up to the sound of the beep of his phone telling him to plug it on charge as its battery was running low. He groggily opened his eyes and check the time on the blinding screen. It said 2 AM in the morning. Too early to get up. He scanned the room. The light was still on and he found Baekhyun sprawled on the carpeted-floor with the most carefree sleeping-pose ever and Sooyoung curled up, hugging the teddy bear not far from them. How did they end up sleeping, again? He barely remembered. So he tried to wake them up.

"Hey, wake up. Don't sleep here."

"Shut up, dude," Baekhyun snapped without opening his eyes. Chanyeol decided to just leave him be. If he woke up feeling his body aching everywhere, Chanyeol wasn't the one to blame. And he tried with Sooyoung instead. "Sooyoung, are you asleep?" That was a rethorical question, really, but he was just testing her if she heard him.

She let out a sleepy groan.

"Hm?"

"Good. I know you're sleepy and tired as hell but as far as I know, you'll wake up with your body aching every here and there if you continue to sleep like that here."

"Okay," she murmured and woke up groggily, eyes still closed. She stood up and walked to the door with eyes closed, as if she really knew where she was going. He walked behind her and sighed when she opened his room's door, as he had expected. Sooyoung always, as if always, invade his room whenever she stayed the night, and literally, unverbally, shoved Chanyeol out of his room as if it was her own and had the bed all to herself.

He didn't mind, though.

She said that his bed was the most comfortable bed ever.

It made sense though that his room was the nearest to the rooftop and the balcony and that spacey nameless room. Yura's room was downstairs, Sooyoung would never walk down the stairs with eyes closed. Once Sooyung's radar had detected the bed, she threw herself onto the bed with a thud. The heater was already on and the blanket was there, yet she didn't use it as she drifted off to her sweet slumber so quick. There were times when Chanyeol would act as a mom and it was now.

He pulled the blanket up to her neck and got out of the room to find his comfortable place to continue his sleep too. He threw himself onto a big sofa (one that was filled with air and designed for napping) next to his room, a room where a television was, as always whenever they stayed the night. He didn't want to risk his own safety by walking down the stairs in the dark to reach his sister's room with eyes half open.

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter