Three: Trouble(s)

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung was sleeping peacefully that Saturday afternoon. It had been a hectic week after all. Deadlines were chasing her like a wildfire that week. So when her cellphone rang with such an awful loud sound, she threw the poor thing accross her room, thinking that it was an alarm clock. She frowned in her sleep when the alarm didn’t shut up. She jolted up when a realization hit her. That was not an alarm.

Lucky enough for her that it didn’t collide with the wall and the floor had a carpet on it so that it only left a painful thud. It had a name ‘Baekhyun’ on the screen, when she decided to pick up her phone before continuing her sleep. She quickly slide the red button, rejecting Baekhyun’s call. He was never serious anyway, so that wouldn’t be something important.

The thing was, Baekhyun was so persistent that it got annoying sometimes. Especially when she was as cranky as someone who just got disturbed when sleeping. So she picked up his second call. “Shut up.” And turn off the phone.

She cringed when she just realized that Baekhyun wasn’t the type to give up and a painful knocking sound was heard. Scratch that, he was banging the door with his fist like a mad man. Sooyoung was afraid that her door might break if she didn’t stop him. Damn Baekhyun. She got up and furiously stomped to her front door.

“Why are we friends again?” She asked as soon as she opened the door, revealing a panic Baekhyun in his pyjamas despite it was afternoon already.

“Listen. You HAVE TO help me. I’m in big trouble. No! A damn huge trouble!”

It was not something rare for Baekhyun to exaggerate and be over-dramatic. The tall girl raised an eyebrow before yawning loud and wide, a gesture to tell him that she didn’t have time for his and she really needed her beauty-sleep. It was damn obvious, yet Baekhyun wouldn’t just care.

“My grandmother, I REPEAT, my grandmother’s visiting in two hours! You know that our parents are visiting an old friend in Daegu for days, right? You know how my grandma is, right? She’s a clean freak! My mother has just called me that she and father are on their way to come home earlier than you guys’ parents. The thing is they’ll arrive later than my grandma!”

She yawned again.

“And there’s a storm in the house!!”

Such a Baekhyun thing when he was home alone. His house most likely would be like a garbage. “Help us clean the house, please?” He threw her his best puppy eyes. “Us?”

“Yeah, I sorta have dragged Chanyeol too. Lol. I actually wanted to start with just the both of us but then we just didn’t know where to start. We need a woman.” Baekhyun stared at her again. “Please, I’ll repay both of you!”

“Sheesh okay lemme change my clothes first then,” Sooyoung was about to turn around and get inside her room when he held her right wrist, preventing her to waste another of his precious time. “My house is exactly next to yours, if you’ve forgotten. Follow me already dammit.”

“Whoa that was so rude to ask for a help from people, dude.”

“But you’re not some people. Come on.” Baekhyun dragged her out of her house. She found Chanyeol on his brown coach in Baekhyun’s living room, eating what seemed like honey butter chip, that one phenomenal snack. At least, Chanyeol was looking better. He had his black shirt with a short gray pants. He was less lazier than both of his friends who didn’t even bother to take a bath in the morning.

Then again, Chanyeol was adding rubbish in the house as he didn’t throw the emptied one in the trash can.

“Whoa looking as fresh as ever, aren’t you, Sooyoung?” Chanyeol started.

“Shut up.” She took a quick look around her. ‘A storm must had really happened here.’ She didn’t even want to describe what were before her eyes.

Sooyoung stood before her bestfriends with arms on her waist. “Now!” She clasped both of her hands , trying to get their attention. Though it didn’t seem necessary as both of them had already had their eyes on her. “We start from the living room since it’s most likely to be the first room for your grandma to look at. Am I right? Next, kitchen, bathroom, and last but is also least, your bedroom. I’m sure it’s the most dirty and messy among other rooms, am I right?”

“Damn, you know things so well. It’s creepy.” Baekhyun mumbled. Chanyeol had to agree on that.

***

The three of the slumped on the couch in the living room once the house had looked normal again. Clean and it had a nice smell, thanks to Sooyoung’s air freshener that she brought from her own house as the last touch. They still had thirty minutes, or maybe more, since Baekhyun’s grandma tend to arrive late sometimes. The important thing was that the house was more acceptable to be visited.

“Since you guys have worked hard, I’ve ordered pizza ten minutes ago for you all. It’s on me. BUT! We have to eat them nicely and clean the table after we’re done,” Baekhyun stated.

Then a bell rang. “Oh it must be the pizza-dude.” He left to the front door in a dash. Pizza dude, what the hell, that pizza-dude might be offended if he heard it. Poor pizza delivery man.

Sooyoung squealed. She had been craving for pizza since like a week before.

The pizza dissapeared rather quickly, it was gone in just like ten minutes, as soon as it appeared in front of the three. Cleaning had taken most of their energy that caused an empty stomach. Being a big eater than her male friends, Sooyoung ate most of them.

It was six pm when Sooyoung nearly jumped out of realization. “Damn. I have to work at 6.45 pm. Why am I so forgetful?! Damn you Baekhyun.” She remembered she had not taken a bath either.

She swore she saw weird smiles on both Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s faces. Oh not again. So the thing was, they found it weird that Sooyoung had been so eager to work, especially since two weeks ago, right from her first day. Sooyoung was lazy. She didn’t even want to take a day off when this week had been hell for her (and all of them, really). She managed to work and did assignments, sacrificing her sleep schedule at night.

Weird much.

Oh how they know her so well.

Apparently, they thought their girl was finally seeing someone now. Well, they weren’t wrong, but they weren’t right either.

“Really Sooyoung. Tell us who is it?”

They weren’t tired to ask that same question over and over again whenever she was about to go to her work place. ‘Ugh. I’m not going to hear the end of this soon, am I?’ And in the past two weeks they had been pestering her to tell them—‘but what was there to tell them?’—who this poor guy was. ‘Poor?!’ Really? So much for being her bestfriends.

“Slim it nice and calm,” (Any maze runner fans here? xD) Baekhyun said. “We’ll send you there. You said it is a new cafe near our old highschool, right?” She swore she saw a glint of something not good in his ever mischievous eyes.

“Chanyeol, you drive!”

“What? I’m working on my new music. Let her drive herself sheesh she just got her driving license not too long ago. Besides, what about your grandmother?”

“Oh she just called that she delays it, she’ll arrive later. Besides, letting her drive while in a rush? No, we’re not buying it. She might get into an embarassing accident on her way.” Chanyeol laughed at the memory of Sooyoung hitting a tree and a fence with her car not too long ago.

Oh how she hated them the most.

She kinda regretted telling them she was working part-time now. But bestfriends had no secrets, right? But she kinda left out her meeting with this good-looking man as she thought that it was not important.

But had they been right that she was so eager to work these days? She kept asking herself. Yeah, she kinda knew that the man from before came to the cafe every Saturday and Sunday. But that was not the point, nor the story of her meeting with the said man two weeks ago was

It was a rainy day (as cliche as it sounded). The sky was a dull gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter