Ten: Driving, Walking, Chillin'

The Trio
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was when she wanted to open the group chat for some midnight rant between them and she wanted to throw some new memes to the group when she remembered she didn’t have the phone with her. Her heartbeat rate increased as she knew exactly where she last put it.

The library.

The library that looked much more huge and enourmous when it was dark.

Yeah, that one place where some people had experienced real scary in.

“Holy sh— why am I so dumb?”

Sooyoung began pacing back and forth unconsciously someone would probably she was ironing the floor. She didn’t notice when a door opened and her sister’s figure came to the living room, eyeing her weirdly.

“What got you so panicked? Sit down. It’s uncomfortable to watch.”

She looked at her sister. Teary-eyed. And her sister started panicking too. “What? What?! What happened?! Are you pregnant?! Who was it? Was it—ouch!” And her sister got a smack in the head.

“No! No! Of course not. Who do you think I am?” Sooyoung managed to roll her eyes at her. “it’s my phone. I left it in the library.”

Soojin looked at her in disbelief, since Sooyoung had just looked like she was about to give up on life. “Damn it. I nearly had a heart attack.” Soojin casually walked past her and grabbed a remote. “Just take it tomorrow. None’s gonna steal it anyways. Why are you getting so worked up?”

“Nooooooo I was charging it!” She whined. Her sister gave a side-eye.

“Are you serious? Then you have no other choice. You take it back or you leave it and pray that the damage wouldn’t be serious, but I think nothing’s gonna happen. Sit down.” her sister stopped, rolling her eyes to left side, thinking, “going back there. I don’t think you’d be brave enough. I have a friend, her name is Soyeon, she works in Singapore now, she told me a story when she had left her wallet there, so she went back to take it after dark and she saw a woman, young woman with a white gown standing in front of the door, but her hair—”

“STOP STOP OHMYGOD STOP! I don’t wanna hear it. I’m not going. I’m not going.”

“You sure?”

“Not alone.”

“What? You’re gonna take me? No way. I’d rather watch this new tvn dram—.”

“Umm I’m gonna go to Chanyeol’s a bit. I’ll be back before dinner. Byeee!”

Sooyoung disappeared in a ditch. Leaving the door open. Soojin stared at the Sooyoung’s now empty spot. “Did she say something?”

Sooyoung walked fast to the said house. Not minding to knock, she opened the door and walked straight to climb upstairs, not even noticing the rest of the family looking at her from the living room. They shrugged. The girl had done that many times before that it wasn’t a strange sight to see.

She opened the wooden door and found Chanyeol lying on his stomach, probably playing harvestmoon or something. “You should have knocked first,” he said without moving an inch.

“I don’t knock.”

“Right,” he replied, focused back on his laptop, thinking that the girl would probably just stay and disturb.

“Come on Chanyeol, get up, grab your keys.” She grabbed his arm, pulling him up. “Stop ordering me around jeez.”

“We need to go back. Come on before it’s too dark. I can’t miss dinner. Mom’s gonna cook some Thai dishes.”

“Back? Back where?” Then it clicked on his head. The girl was probably going to take her phone back. And it was already 6.00 pm.They probably had closed down the library already. “Okay,” he said nonetheless.

***

As Sooyoung had expected, it was empty when they arrived. There were only some students doing projects and they would leave soon. But the doors of the library were closed. And as she looked at the building, it was huge and enormous as if it had a spell that made it much bigger after dusk.

“God, there probably is a monster hiding there,” Sooyoung whispered, not wanting for the ‘monster’ to hear her voice, as she looked at the building in front of them. “A basilisk, probably,” Chanyeol responded. Chanyeol thought that Sooyoung wasn’t serious about entering, was she? He had her phone.

“Man, I’m so hungry. Quick let’s find a library staff or anyone so I can go home and eat.”

Chanyeol decided to just tell her. She probably would starve soon. She couldn’t die on him. Not out of hunger. “What are you looking for anyways? You just straight up order me to drive here.”

“My phone of course. I was charging it, remember? It must be overheated by now. Let’s just pray it won’t explode. But iPhones don’t explode, do they?”

“Your phone? I have it in here...” He casually took out the rectangular thing from his jumper’s pocket. Sooyoung stared at both the phone and Chanyeol in utter disbelief. It was like all of her energy went to waste.

“What? How could you—” She didn’t finish the words as she tiptoed and smacked him in the head. A brain cell or two probably died at the process.

She couldn’t believe she had to stand on tiptoe to smack his head despite being this tall. “Why don’t you tell me? You’re doing this purpose, aren’t you?” She went off on landing punch attacks in the chest. “Now catch these hands!”

“Ouch! Stop stop!” He tried to block her surprisingly strong attacks. “You didn’t even tell me and you didn’t ask. How could I know?”

“You could have hand it to me earlier so I didn’t have to drive all the way here for a ing phone I hate you!”

“Correction. I drove. Not you.”

He waited for her respond and got scared when he didn’t get one. She was still silent.

“Yah yah you’re not angry, are you? Hey come on, it’s not that serious. Okay forgive me. I’ll bring it to you directly when this happens again in the future. Alright?”

As he was about to say something again, a male staff walked and stopped when he saw the two. “Hey kids. Why are you still there? The other students are leaving and the main gate will be closed in ten minutes, you should go home.”

“Yes I’m sorry. Don’t worry. We’ll leave now.”

“You heard him. Come on. Aren’t you cold?” Chanyeol tried again and the girl was still sulking. It was rare. Sooyoung didn’t sulk.

“Your girlfriend’s mad?” The middle aged male staff’s asked again. Chanyeol didn’t even notice he was still there. Half smiling, half cringing, he nodded. “Yeah, kinda.”

“Well then, good luck man.” Chanyeol gave a curt nod, watching as the man left. He t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter