Dancing With J-Hope

Kpop One Shots

It wasn’t very often you had the chance to spend the afternoon with your best friend, Hoseok, especially now that he finally debuted as an idol. He had been gone a lot doing various promotions and fan meets with the other members, causing him not to come home until midnight sometimes one in the morning and, of course, by that time you were already asleep in bed.

You were a college student enrolled at the Seoul Institute of the Arts as a dance major and while you loved Hoseok, you really missed your usual dance partner. Before he debuted, countless afternoons were spent in the dance studio together coming up with various routines and always trying to perfect what both of you already know so well.

Finally, he had a day off and you told him he was going to spend the afternoon with you. You didn’t quite tell him what exactly you were doing, only to wear clothes he could move around in easily and comfortable shoes. You texted him an address and told me to meet you there no later than 3 p.m.. Once he saw the address you sent him he immediately smiled. It was an address he was very familiar with; it was the dance studio you two always used to rehearse in before he was casted and made a trainee.

He pulled up to the address five minutes early all too excited to finally be able to dance with you again. He walked into the bright yellow lobby looking around various memories flashing before his eyes. The two of you jumping on top of the chairs when you were ten. You were chasing him because he took your favorite pair of shoes from your bag. Then again when you were thirteen, he found you in the corner crying because the boy in your ballet class didn’t return your feelings. He sat there and let you cry on his shoulder for thirty minutes, missing his hip hop class. And the last time he stepped into this studio was when you were both sixteen, he had just been casted as a trainee and the first person he wanted to tell was you.

He found out he was officially going to become a trainee at 3 p.m., immediately he knew he wanted to tell you before anyone, even his mum. You had been one of the few people to support him unconditionally in every thing he did. He knew he would find you at the dance studio at this time rehearsing for the spring ballet your studio put on every year. He ran as fast as he could getting there in record time and bolted through the front door earning a shout from the secretary at the front desk. He heard he but didn’t care about it, all he cared about was sharing his fantastic news with you.

As soon as Hoseok saw you in the window of the studio he immediately bust through the door shouting, “Hey (Y/N)! Guess what?”

“What, Hobi? Did pigs fly,” you questioned him.

“No. That would be cool, but no.” He answered. “I got casted as a trainee for that new entertainment company BigHit! Isn’t that exciting?”

“Oh my god, Hobi! That’s amazing!” You practically screamed at him. He had been talking about the auditions he was going through for several weeks now, the excitement never leaving his voice. It was his dream to be an idol one day and while you would miss him, you wanted to help your best friend follow his dreams.

“Guess when I officially begin my training,” Hoseok asked.

“When?”

“Tomorrow! Isn’t that exciting?”

“Does that mean you won’t be coming to the studio anymore?”

“It does, (Y/N). I’m sorry, we’re not going to get to dance that much together anymore. I promise I’ll try and spend at least two hours every Sunday here dancing with you, ok?”

“Ok, Hobi. I’m going to miss my usual dance partner, though. No one could ever quite keep up with me like you do,” you told him while looking down at the floor with tears threatening to fall from your crystal blue eyes. Hoseok could sense the sadness and quickly pulled you into one of his signature tight hugs that practically squeezed you to death every time.

    He spent the rest of the day at the studio saying goodbye to everyone and telling them he would come visit any chance he got. He kept his promise of coming every Sunday for about five weeks, but after that he always had something to do or he was extremely exhausted. He still made an effort to at least see you once a week even for just a few minutes. You could always expect him in the front row at any of your recitals and ballets. He even made sure he was at your audition for the Seoul Institute of the Arts, the college the two of you thought you would be attending together. He was the first person you called when you got your acceptance letter and screamed with on the phone.  Even though, you lost your dance partner, you didn’t lose you best friend.

    You found Hoseok standing in the middle of the lobby just looking around at everything. It had been four years since he was last here and not much had changed. He was completely oblivious to the fact you were standing directly behind so you decided to tiptoe behind him and scream in his ear.  He quickly screamed and turned around only to find you on the floor laughing at him.

“Hey, (Y/N). This isn’t funny. You really scared me,” Hoseok said, looking at you with a pout on his face.

“Well, that’s what you get for being so goddamn oblivious, Hobi. It makes you an easy target for pranks. Why do you think the members always test out their newest pranks on you?”, you replied to him while picking yourself up off the floor. You quickly grabbed his hand and started dragging him towards the studio you were just in.

“Why did you want me to come here, (Y/N)?” Hoseok questioned.

“I think you know, Hobi. We finally have a chance for you to start making you all those Sundays you missed while you were a trainee and we’re starting today.” You let go of his hand as you walked into the studio, strolled over the the sound system system and plugged in your iPod. The latest hip hop track started playing and you quickly positioned yourself in the center.

“Are you sure you can keep up with me Hobi? I’ve gotten pretty good training at the Seoul Institute for the Arts.”

“Honey, I’m an idol. I think I can keep up with you.” You two quickly lost yourselves in the music and just danced together almost as if the last time this happened was yesterday.