An Unexpected Tragedy Part 3

Kpop One Shots

    After the doctor’s officially announced her dead, time froze for what seemed like an eternity. It took hours for Rap Mon, Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Suga to convince Jungkook to get up off of the floor and by the time they made to the hospital lobby reporters had been lined up in front of the hospital, the news spreading that they were there spreading once a netizen posted a picture of Jungkook running into the hospital on social media. At this point it was impossible to deny that he was in a relationship, especially now that Laura died. BigHit scheduled a press conference to officially confirm that Jungkook was a the hospital to visit his girlfriend who was in a coma and had now died a few days later. They asked the fans to give the boys their privacy right now as the mourn the death of their friend.

    It had been a week since Laura’s death. Everyone going around like zombies doing everything on autopilot. Hee Rin spent the past week switching between crying and planning his sister’s funeral. It was an endless cycle she couldn’t seem to get out of. It was finally the morning of Laura’s funeral, Hee Rin walked around the house in a dazed state, getting everything she needed together for Laura’s funeral today. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and looked up with a pained looked on her face. She had not dared enter Laura’s room since her death. She couldn’t bring herself to enter it and mess it up. She wanted to preserve it exactly the way her sister left it. She made her way across the living room to the kitchen and began making her morning cup of coffee. She never really understood why Laura liked it so much but she was beginning to understand why. It was the only thing that got her through work. No matter how much her boss protested her being there, Hee Rin insisted on working this past week.

    Back at the BTS dorm room, not much happened this past week. The boys walked around the dorm in a dazed state for a few days. Jungkook had barely left his room this entire week minus eating and using the restroom. Everyone was starting to worry about him. Rap Mon, Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Suga  knew Hee Rin had asked Jungkook to give the eulogy at Laura’s funeral and they were hoping that’s what was keeping Jungkook locked in his room for so long.

“We have to pull him out of his room today,” Rap Mon said in a whispered tone so Jungkook wouldn’t hear him. “Laura’s funeral is today and he desperately needs a shower.”

“I’ll open the door slowly and try to get him to come out and if that doesn’t work you guys just get ready to barge in behind me, okay,” J-Hope suggested.

“Sounds good to me,” Jimin responded nodding his head. “Does anyone else have an objections.” A collective “No” was heard around the room so J-Hope began to quietly walk towards Jungkook’s door.

“Jungkook,” J-Hope said while knocking on his door. ”Why don’t you come on out? We could sit down and eat and then you could take a shower. Laura’s funeral is today.”

“Just leave me alone,” Jungkook screamed from inside the room and sob escaping from his throat. “I don’t care about anything anymore. Nothing is right now that she’s gone.”

“Come on, Kookie,” J-Hope whined. “We can eat whatever you want. I won’t complain and neither will anyone else, we promise. Just please at least let me in.”

“What part of leave me alone don’t you understand, Hoseok,” Jungkook yelled. “I don’t care about eating or drinking or sleeping or even existing anymore. She’s not here anymore so I don’t want to be either.”

“Alright, that’s enough,” Rap Mon said pushing J-Hope to the side. “Jungkook, I’ve had enough of this from you and Laura would not want you to act this way either. You have five seconds to open this door before I knock it down.”

Jungkook stomped across his room and threw the door open, “You have no right to speak of her like you knew her so well. She was everything to me and now she’s gone so I have nothing to live for anymore.”

    “I may not have know her as well as you, Jungkook,” Rap Mon spat. “But I still knew her well enough to know that she would disappointed with the way you’re acting right now. She would want you to go on with your life and to not wallow in her death. So, please, Jungkook, do that.”

    Rap Mon looked at Jungkook with a pained look on his face causing Jungkook to give in, “Fine, if I come eat and take a shower, will you please leave me alone until it’s time to get ready for Laura’s funeral, please,” Jungkook pleaded.

    “I think I could do that,” Rap Mon replied. “Come one, let’s go have some ramen.” Rap Mon lead Jungkook towards the kitchen with an arm wrapped around his shoulders. Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Suga were waiting in the living and let out a silent sigh of relief when the saw him walking out with Jungkook. They silently followed them to the kitchen to make the ramen.

    “Jungkook, why don’t you go take a shower while I make the ramen,” Jin suggested. “It’s going to be a little bit and you might feel even better after a shower.”

    “Okay,” Jungkook replied with a whisper as he walked towards the bathroom. He almost reluctantly dragged his feet to the bathroom before closing the door behind him. He leaned up against the closed door taking a deep breath before standing up straight again. He looked in the mirror barely recognizing the face that stared back at him. Jungkook just shook his head before looking away. He began to undress and turn the knobs on the shower. He stepped in when he felt it was at the right temperature. He stood under the water letting it run flow down him as he thought of the events of the past week. As soon as Laura popped in his mind and how he would never see her again he could nothing but start sobbing again. It was times like this he was glad the shower was so loud, no one could hear him crying in the shower. He stayed in the shower for about twenty minutes before finally stepping out and getting dressed again.

    He walked to the kitchen from his bedroom to find everyone around the dining room table waiting for him. He sat down without saying anything to anyone and immediately began eating. Suga looked to Rap Mon silently asking if he should say anything and Rap Mon just shook his head no in response. He knew Jungkook really just wanted to be left alone and with Laura’s funeral starting in a few hours he decided to let him have them alone.

    Jungkook finished his food quickly without saying a word to anyone before picking up his dishes and placing them in the sink. He, then made his way back to his room brushing past everyone before closing his door and locking it, blasting music throughout the dorm so no one would hear him cry.

    Two hours later Suga knocked on the door, “Jungkook, you should probably put on your suit. Laura’s funeral is in an hour but we have to be there early.” Jungkook turned off the music without saying a word to Suga letting him know that he heard what he said and began putting on his suit. He had only worn this suit two times since he got it, once last year to the Mama Awards and again when he and Laura had the two-year anniversary dinner in the dorm this past April before he left for tour. This makes the third time he’d ever worn this suit and to an occasion he never thought he would be attending, Laura’s funeral. He sighed before opening the door and stepping out into the hallway. Everyone was standing in the living room waiting for him. Rap Mon silently walked up to him and wrapped his arm around his shoulder, led him towards the door and out to the the van.

    The ride to the church was silent. No one dared to say a word. Today was a hard day for everyone and one word could make anyone burst into tears. They arrived to the church about thirty minutes later. Hee Rin met them at the front steps wearing a floor length black lace dress, a black veil covering her face. They silently approach each other Hee Rin enveloping Jungkook in a really tight hug both crying. Hee Rin and Jungkook head into the church Rap Mon, Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Suga following behind them.

    Hee Rin tells Jungkook how the service will go and the random details about what’s going to happen. Jungkook will giving his eulogy first followed by various little statements by her friends. Jungkook just nods through all of this only really half listening. He has no idea how he’s going to get through all of this without being a gigantic mess.

    “People are going to start coming in about five minutes so be ready, okay,” Hee Rin tells Jungkook. Jungkook just stares at her with a blank look on his face. “Jungkook, did you hear me?”

    “Yea, people will be here in about five minutes,” Jungkook replies a little shocked. “I’m sorry, Hee Rin.” Jungkook leaves Hee Rin at the back of the church to greet the people the come through the door as he makes his way to the front row. His speech carefully place in his pocket. He fiddles with the sheet of paper nervously as he wants for the service to start, not bothering to do anything but nod at the people that come up to him and offer their condolences.

    An agonizing ten minutes later, Jungkook finally hears his name called and he slowly makes his way to the front of the room before placing himself firmly behind the podium. He lays his speech down pressing it firmly against the wood before clearing his throat.

    “Laura was always a very happy person,” Jungkook started. “I can’t remember a time I ever saw her in a bad mood or angry at another person for more than five seconds. She was always an optimist and never saw anything but the best in people even though that got her in trouble sometimes. She used to love to tease me about my height when she was taller than me but as soon as I hit my growth spurt she would always put on a fake angry face whenever I would try and do the same thing to her.”

    “I remember when I first met her. She was screaming at the top of her lungs and chasing this other little boy around the playground because he stole her doll. I loved her spunky attitude and right then I knew she was meant to be my best friend and later I finally knew she was meant to be mine. I could never thank her enough for staying by my side while I was trainee at BigHit and even more when I officially became an idol and I had to deny the fact that I had a girlfriend time and time again. Words will never begin to explain how much I loved her and adored her. I will love her always,” Jungkook ended his speech in tears, staring at Hee Rin who also had tears in her eyes.  Jungkook quietly stepped off the stage and made his way back to his seat beside Hee Rin. They sat holding on to each other the rest of the service crying and laughing together at some of the funny stories her friends told about her. The service officially ended about twenty minutes after Jungkook’s speech. Jungkook Rap Mon, Jin, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Suga stayed behind as the watched everyone else leave so they could say a special goodbye to Hee Rin.

    Once everyone else had left, they made their way to the lobby of the church. As they entered the lobby to say goodbye to Hee Rin, they saw a table full of nothing but white rose, Laura’s favorite flower. Each flower had a little tag tied to the stem a little note written to Hee Rin on it. Seeing this made Jungkook tear up yet again, it brought up memories of her just going on the garden at her sister’s house insisting on smelling every single white rose there. Jungkook turned away from the table before any actual tear could run down his face making his way towards Hee Rin.

Jungkook enveloped her in hug, “Goodbye, Hee Rin. I’ll make sure to visit you sometime. You are always welcome to join us for any holidays you like, okay?”

“I’ll call you, okay,” Hee Rin told him. “Thank you for writing her eulogy. It was beautiful.”

Jungkook waved good bye as he walked out the door and climbed into the van saying goodbye to Hee Rin and closing the last page on that chapter of his life. Laura would always be in his heart but he couldn’t dwell on her forever. Rap Mon was right, Laura would want him to move on and Jungkook would do his best to do that.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

So this was originally supposed to only be two parts but I just felt like it was incomplete until I wrote her funeral. I hope you enjoy it.