An Unexpected Tragedy Part 2

Kpop One Shots

Recap: The boys were exiting the plane excited to finally be home. Jimin and J-Hope were joking around pushing each other back and forth when Jungkook heard his phone ringing.

He looked at his phone and saw that Hee Rin was calling, “Hmm, that's weird,” He thought. “Hee Rin never calls me.”

“Hello,” Jungkook said as he answered the phone. “What's going on, Hee Rin? You never call me. I didn't even realize you had my number.”

“Jungkook,” Hee Rin answered slowly. “Something happened to Laura. You need to come to the hospital right now. She's in a coma.”

As soon as Jungkook heard this he immediately collapsed to the ground. His phone shattering when it hit the floor with him. The boys immediately saw him on the floor and rushed over to him.

“Jungkook, are you okay,” Suga asked with a worried tone to his voice.

“Tell us what happened,” Rap Mon pushed.

Laura. Was all Jungkook could choke out in between sobs and the boys immediately knew something horrible had happened to her.


 

Rap Mon picked up Jungkook’s phone and began to talk to Hee Rin, “What’s going on with Laura,” Rap Mon asked.

“I need you guys to come to the hospital as quickly as possible. Laura is currently in a coma because a brick fell on her head when I was getting a new roof put on my house. Doctors don’t know when or if she’ll ever wake up again,” Hee Rin explained. “I want Jungkook to see her so he can say goodbye, if it’s necessary.”

“We’ll be right there,” Rap Mon replied. “We all would want to see her as well.” Rap Mon hung up Jungkook’s phone and began to pick him up off the floor. “Jungkook, com on, we’re going to go see Laura.” Hearing her name immediately made Jungkook sob yet again. Luckily, no ARMYs were around this part of the airport so they didn’t cause too much worry.

They all surrounded Jungkook as they left the airport so the ARMYs that came to greet them would not see him in this state. They didn’t want to cause any of them to worry about them. It would be hard to explain why Jungkook was so upset without revealing that Jungkook had been dating Laura for two years behind everyone’s back. As soon as they exited the terminal they were immediately surrounded by fans and politely tried to get through them.

“Please get out of our way,” Suga asked them politely. “We have somewhere we have to be urgently.” ARMYs could sense the hint of urgency in his tone and quickly let them by. V and Jin could hear the murmurs of the fans very faintly behind them.

“I wonder where they have to be so quickly.”

“Is Jungkook okay? He isn’t talking or interacting with us as much as he usually does.”

“I hope their families are okay.”

Hearing all of these things made Jungkook sob yet again as soon as they were able to get out of the crowd. Their black van was waiting for them as soon as they left the airport. The boys made sure the enter the van as quickly as possible and told the driver to take them to the hospital. On there way there, Rap Mon tried to reassure Jungkook that Laura would be okay and that he’s sure it’s not as bad as they think it is. All Jungkook could do was sob and pray that she would be okay. He couldn’t lose her. She was only of the greatest joys in his life. He lived to see her again and hold her in his arms.

They got to the hospital about an hour later after being stuck in traffic on the interstate. Jungkook immediately jumped out of the van as soon as he saw the hospital, not even waiting for it to come to a complete stop.

“Jungkook, stop,” Rap Mon and J-Hope shouted together behind him. Jungkook was ignored them and rushed into the hospital heading straight for the nurses station.

“What room is Laura in,” Jungkook yelled at the nurse. “I need to know.”

The nurse sat there with a look of shock on her face before slowly answering, “She’s in room 408.”

“Thank you,” Jungkook shouted behind as he ran towards the elevator.

“Jungkook, wait for us,” Jimin yelled as they all ran towards him.

Jungkook made his way to the elevator and began to slam the button impatiently chanting in his head, “Hurry up, Hurry Up, Hurry Up.” Tapping his foot on the ground loudly like that would help the elevator come faster. “Thank god,” Jungkook mumbled under his breath when the elevator dinged and opened the doors. He quickly stepped in the elevator and pressed the button labeled four. The rest of them quickly jumped in the elevator right before the doors closed letting out a sigh of relief.

“Jungkook, be careful next time, okay,” Suga told him. “We don’t want you getting hurt.”

“I don’t care about being careful right now,” Jungkook choked out trying to hold in his tears. “She’s more important right now. I love her and I don’t know what I’d do if she leaves me.”

“We know, Kookie,” V assured him. “We just don’t want to lose you either.” The elevator stopped at the fourth floor right at that moment. Jungkook immediately began to run down the hallway paying attention the room numbers that almost blurred past him. The boys ran behind him not even bothering to try and stop him anymore.

He finally made it to room 408 and stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at the cream colored door taking in a few deep breaths debating whether or not he should enter the room. Rap Mon came up behind him a placed his hand reassuringly on his shoulder. Jungkook looked behind him at Rap Mon desperation clear in his eyes. All Rap Mon could do was nod his head and signal towards the door silently telling him to enter the room. Jungkook entered the room opening the door slowly, not wanting to face the harsh reality of Laura’s condition.

He entered the room and saw Hee Rin sitting by her bedside her head resting next to Laura’s arm her eyes closed soft snores coming from her lips. The others followed behind him, V closing the door quietly behind them trying not to wake Hee Rin. They were sure she had not gotten much sleep the night before. Jungkook tiptoed to the other side of Laura’s bed and kneeled down beside her taken her hand in his.

“I’m here, Laura. I hope you can hear me,” Jungkook said in between sobs. “I know we don’t see each other often and I’m sorry about that. I wanted to say Thank you for staying by my side through all of this, not many people would have. Most people would have left a long time ago not being able to handle the separation. I love you so much and I don’t want you to leave me. Please wake up, Laura. I need you.”  Jungkook kissed Laura’s hand before laying his head beside her’s. The boys were sitting on the couch that sat below the window against the wall just watching this exchange. Minutes later they heard Jungkook’s breathing slow down and saw that his eyes have closed. They watch Jungkook sleep for a few minutes before they fell asleep themselves exhaustion overcoming them.

    Everyone was awaken a few hours later by the extreme beeping of Laura’s heart montoir and Jungkook immediately began to hang on to her when he saw her heart rate dropping. Doctors and nurses began to flood the room. The boys immediately ran up and pulled Jungkook off of her.

    Jungkook struggled against them screaming, “Let me go! I have to get to her.” Jungkook just stood to the side screaming and sobbing at the same trying relentlessly trying to get out of the boys’ grasp until finally he just sunk to the floor. Everyone in the room sobbing uncontrollably as they watched the doctors and nurses try to save Laura.

    Finally a doctor said, “Time of death 1:19 a.m.” At that Jungkook screamed at the top of his lungs and could do nothing but cry. The boys immediately sunk to the floor surrounding Jungkook, crying with him.  

    Hee Rin screamed at the doctors, “Is there anything you could do to save her? Please?! She’s the only family I have left.”

    “There’s nothing we can do, miss. I’m sorry. She’s gone,” the doctor replied with a sullen look on her face. That was all Hee Rin needed to hear before she sunk to the floor uncontrollable sobs coming from her lips.