An Unknown Attraction

Kpop One Shots

Eunmi and J-Hope had been inseparable since kindergarten, doing everything together. They had sleepovers until their parents felt it wasn’t appropriate anymore and were always in the same class. They were also scolded for talking in class or generally being very disruptive towards other students. It was always just  Eunmi and J-Hope until their first year of middle school were their friend group instantly grew by six people. They met Jimin, Rap Mon, V, Jin, Jungkook, and Suga in sixth grade. They were all placed in the same homeroom class and almost immediately became best friends. After that, the eight of them starting doing everything together and while Eunmi enjoyed having six new close friends she did miss the time she spent with just J-Hope.

She began to become jealous of all the time J-Hope spent with Jimin, Rap Mon, V, Jin, Jungkook, and Suga and it wasn’t until eighth grade she really began to realize she had feelings for J-Hope. She became to become extra protective of her time with J-Hope and tried everything to get him to notice her as more than just his best friend. She began paying a little more attention to the way her hair looked and occasionally would put on a dab of lipgloss or lipstick. Even though she did everything she could to get him to notice her, J-Hope was oblivious to her crush and continued to treat her has as just a best friend. Everyone else in their friend circle and the entire school were completely aware of her crush and tended to feel bad for her. She didn’t want to openly confess to him but still wanted him to notice her.

Finally she decided to arrange a secret meeting with just Jimin, Rap Mon, V, Jin, Jungkook, and Suga to confess her feelings for J-Hope to them so they could help her get J-Hope to notice her. They decided to meet on the roof of the school in the middle of gym at 1 p.m.. Everyone was kind of curious as to why she would call them up to the rooftop, especially in the middle of class.

“Why did you call us up here, Eunmi?” Rap Mon questioned.

“I have a confession to make to all of you,” Eunmi answered staring at her feet scraping the ground.

“Well, what is it?” V asked with curiosity.

“I like J-Hope,” Eunmi answered in almost a whispered tone her head still staring towards the ground. “I want him to notice me but I have no idea how to make that happen. Will you guys help me?”

“We all know you like J-Hope, Eunmi. In fact, almost the entire school but J-Hope knows.” Jimin replied.

“If you want our help I don’t know what to do, but we will certainly try,” Jungkook added. “You two would make an adorable couple.”

“Thank you guys. I really appreciate it,” Eunmi told them.

“Anything for you,” Jin told her with a smile on his face. “We just want you to be happy.”

The bell rang signaling the end of that class period. The seven of them quickly ran down from the rooftop hoping to make it to their last class of the day on time. They made it to their seats right before the bell rang and the teacher walked through the door. Eunmi’s sat right next to J-Hope making it hard for her to focus on the lesson, especially after confession her feelings to the other right before class started.

J-Hope kept trying to get Eunmi’s attention by poking her with his pencil and blowing on her ear. All things she tried to ignore until she finally turned around and asked in an annoyed tone, “What do you want, J-Hope? I’m trying to pay attention to the lesson and you’re not helping.”

“I saw this really pretty girl today in the halls, Eunmi. She had long straight black hair that flowed behind her when she walked and she and the most clear blue eyes I’ve ever seen in my life. Her skin was pale but not too pale that she looked sick. And she was kinda short but kinda tall, just the perfect height for me, you know. I get her out of my, Eunmi. I want to know her name but I don’t want to seem weird. If I point her out to you will you help me, please?”

He looked at Eunmi with his signature puppy dog eyes she could never say no to and found herself very reluctantly agree to help him. J-Hope immediately had a huge grin on his face. As soon as he looked away, Eunmi’s face immediately turned into a frown as she tried to hold back her tears. All she wanted was for J-Hope to notice her and not every other girl around him. The bell finally rang an agonizing 40 minutes later. Eunmi quickly packed up her belongings and bolted out of the classroom before anyone could have the chance to catch up to her.

J-Hope watched Eunmi bolt out of the classroom with a puzzled look on his face, “I wonder what’s got her all worked up?” J-hope thought to himself. J-Hope walked towards his locker to find Jimin, Rap Mon, V, Jin, Jungkook, and Suga standing by it waiting for him. It was tradition for them to all meet by J-Hope’s locker at the end of the day so they could all go to the cafe together.

“Where’s Eunmi?” Suga asked. “Why isn’t she with you? She always walks up with you.”

“I don’t know,” J-Hope replied. “She bolted out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang. I don’t know exactly what’s wrong with her. The only thing we talked about in class was this really pretty girl I saw in the hall before class started. But I don’t see why that would bother her, it’s not like she has a crush on me.”

    Everyone immediately understand why Eunmi had bolted out of the classroom so quickly. They decided to not tell J-Hope about Eunmi’s confession to them and hoped he would figure it out on his own. When J-Hope finally finished collecting the rest of his things out of his locker, they began walking towards the cafe the frequently went to about five blocks from their school. All they way there, they avoided the topic of the girl J-Hope saw and just talked about other things like the ungodly amount of homework they had been assigned that day.

    It took them about twenty minute to walk to the cafe and by the time the get there they are so thirsty they all decide to order smoothies and just sit for a little while. J-Hope began to describe the girl to the others and kept going on and on about her until Jungkook finally interrupted him.

    “Eunmi likes you!” Jungkook shouted and then immediately covered his mouth. “You weren’t supposed to know that.”

    “Wait, Eunmi likes me?” J-Hope asked with a hint of shock in his voice.

    “Yes, she likes you and everyone but you can see it,” V told him.

    “Wow,” J-Hope whispers. He immediately began to feel bad for going on and on about that other girl earlier. No one else was aware that J-Hope also had a crush on Eunmi since seventh grade. He was always afraid she only thought of him as a best friend and didn’t want to ruin their friendship by confessing to her only to have her turn him down. So, he became a master at concealing his feelings for her and began to treat her like the little sister, even though she was technically older than him, he never had but always wanted. “How long have you guys, known,” J-Hope finally questioned.

    “She officially told us today during gym but everyone could tell she had a crush on you since eighth grade,” Jimin told him. “Don’t feel bad, hyung. You couldn’t have known.”

    “Do you like her,” Rap Mon asked him.

    “I do like her and I have since the seventh grade. I just didn’t want to ruin our friendship by confessing to her and having her reject me,” J-Hope replied with a slight frown on his face. “I’m going to approach her tomorrow and confess to her.” J-Hope immediately got up and gathered his things. “I’m going him to plan something special for her.

    The following morning J-Hope left the house a half hour early so he could stop by the store and pick up flowers and chocolates for Eunmi. He left the store with a bouquet of 12 daisies, Eunmi’s favorite flower, and a box of the best chocolates he could afford. He positioned himself in front of her locker a few minutes before they usually arrived at the school in the morning. About five minutes later, he saw Eunmi walking towards him still completely unaware that he was standing there. He immediately began to become very nervous. His palms began to sweat and he couldn’t stop shaking.

    As soon as Eunmi saw J-Hope standing in front of her locker with flowers and chocolates, she immediately froze right where she was standing. Eunmi and J-Hope locked eyes and J-Hope began walking towards her. Eunmi began to freak out not knowing exactly why J-Hope was walking towards her with flowers and chocolate and began to look behind herself trying to spot that girl J-Hope described to her yesterday but no one was behind her at all. A crowd began to form around the two of you as soon as J-Hope was standing directly in front of her their bodies merely a few centimeters apart.

Eunmi and J-Hope stared at each other for what felt like a few minutes until J-Hope finally told her, “Eunmi, I’ve liked you since the seventh grade but never confessed to you because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. I’m hope I’m not too late to in your heart.”

Eunmi was in complete shock. She had been dreaming of the day she would finally have enough courage to confess to him but now here he was confessing to her. Eunmi told J-Hope in a shaky voice, “I’ve liked you since eighth grade and have been trying to find the courage to confess to you for forever. So yes, I accept your confession.”

“Really? I thought Jungkook was kidding when he told me you like me too. I was so scared you were going to say no. I always thought you only saw me as a friend and nothing else.”

“First, I will be slapping Jungkook for telling you. I asked them not to and I’ve been so obvious about my crush, apparently everyone knew,” Eunmi answered him with a laugh.

“Do you want to officially become my girlfriend, Eunmi?” J-Hope asked.

“I would love to be your girlfriend. I’ve wanted this since eighth grade,” Eunmi replied beaming. The students immediately began to cheer after she said that.   Eunmi could not stop smiling when J-Hope scooped her up in his arms and spun her in a circle. Eunmi finally got what she always wanted, an amazing boyfriend and an even better group of friends.