Friends Turned Lovers

Kpop One Shots

Lee Bi An and Namjoon had been friends for a long time. At first they were forced to spend time together because of their parents were always getting together. A friendship really began to develop when Bi An was three and Namjoon was eight. Despite the five year age difference Bi An and Namjoon really got along much to the surprise of their parents. As Bi An got older, Namjoon sort of became her guardian. He would always watch out for her and protect her whenever anyone tried to hurt her so much so that Bi An nicknamed Namjoon, Suho Cheonsa. Namjoon protested against this nickname at first but soon began to love it.

Namjoon began to develop feelings for Bi An when he was in high school at first he denied that he actually had feelings for her and tried to remain friends. He wanted to remain a brotherly figure to you. Once he graduated high school he left to go study in America. It was a selfish decision on his part. He felt that these four years away from you would help get rid of his feelings for you. Those four years away did nothing to suppress his feelings, in fact, it actually made his feelings grow stronger. He realized how much Bi An meant to him and how much he really did love her.

After he graduated from uni at age 23, he came back to Korea to look for a job. He enjoyed his time in America but Korea would always be his home. No matter how long he stayed away, he would always come back to Korea. He arrived back to Korea just in time for Bi An’s high school graduation. He was not able to make it to the actual ceremony but made it to Bi An’s graduation party that evening. Namjoon wanted to surprise Bi An so he did not even tell her he was coming back to Korea. The only people that knew were her parents and his parents. His parents suspected Namjoon had feelings for Bi An and were more than willing to keep this secret for him.

Namjoon walked up to Bi An’s front door very quietly. He didn’t want Bi An to hear him coming and look out the window to see it was him. He knocked on her front door and took a step back. In his hands was a bouquet of red and whites roses. About a minute later, Bi An slowly opened the front door. As soon as she saw Namjoon, she let out a little screech and jumped into his arms.

“Suho Cheonsa,” Bi An yelled hugging Namjoon. “I didn’t know you were coming home. I missed you so much. Why don’t you come inside?” Bi An lead Namjoon into the house her arm linked with hers. She looked up at Namjoon with a twinkle in her eyes trying not to cry because she missed him so much. As she she lead Namjoon into the living where her parents and her boyfriend were sitting she let go of Namjoon’s arm and went towards her boyfriend. She gestured for her boyfriend to stand up and he walked with her over to Namjoon, “Namjoon,” Bi An started. “This is my boyfriend, Kim Yesung. Yesung, this is my best friend, Namjoon but I call him Suho Cheonsa. He would always make sure I was safe when I was a kid.” Namjoon just stared at Yesung, a little shocked that Bi An had a boyfriend.

Yesung was the first to speak. “It’s nice to meet you, Namjoon,” Yesung said while holding out his hand.

“You as well, Yesung,” Namjoon replied shaking Yesung’s hand a little too tight. While Namjoon had a smile plastered on his face, he couldn’t have hated Yesung more.

“Bi An has told me a lot about you,” Yesung said trying to hold a conversation with Namjoon.

“Funny,” Namjoon chuckled. “She hasn’t mentioned you once.”

“Namjoon, be nice,” Bi An scolded hitting Namjoon’s arm. After a moment of awkward silence, Bi An interrupts, “I think dinner's ready why don’t we go sit down and eat.”

“That sounds like a great idea, jagi,” Yesung replied. Namjoon could do nothing but glare at Yesung when he said that. Yesung grabbed Bi An’s hand and walked towards the dining room. Namjoon was only a few metres behind them glaring at the back of Yesung’s head. The three of them sat around the table Bi An’s parents already sitting and waiting on them. It was the last night Bi An would be staying with University, tomorrow she was going to move into a dorm at Seoul National University.  

They ate dinner in silence, tension hanging in the air. Namjoon glared at Yesung  every time he thought Bi An wasn't looking at him. Yesung was oblivious to Namjoon’s obvious distaste for him. The few times anyone spoke it was always Yesung trying to start a conversation with Namjoon each attempt ending with awkward silences because of Namjoon’s one word answers.

Namjoon left the house worth a quick thank you and goodbye to Bi An and her parents when dinner was finished. He couldn’t stand to be there another minute.

The next morning he watched Yesung help bring her things from her parents house and out top miss car from his bedroom window when a scowl on his face. He wanted to say goodbye but he couldn’t stand to see her smiling and happy with Yesung. She was supposed to be his. She was the reason he came back to Korea. He watched her drive away  with Yesung before turning away from the window and wallowing in his bed.

10 Years Later

 

Bi An woke up with a smile on her face. Today was the day she was finally marrying Namjoon.  He finally confessed to her at her graduation. She had secretly had a crush on him before he left bit forgot her feelings for him until he came back Her and Yesung broke up by her second month in college. She didn't time for a relationship and since Namjoon came back she didn't feel the same way about him that she used to.

That day went by perfectly and was definitely the best day of her life.