A Not-So-Typical Football Game

Kpop One Shots

Youngjae was finally home from his three-month-long tour and you couldn’t wait to see him again. You planned to take him to the nearest football field you could find and just enjoy a friendly game of football between the two of you. He was due home any minute and all you could do was sit on the couch and wait for him to walk through that door.

Around 2:00pm you finally heard a key turning the lock on your door. You hurriedly jumped up off the couch so you could tackle him in a hug the second he walked in. The door opened rather quickly and before he could even blink you had already jumped on him.

“I really missed you, Jae Jae,” you told him with a big grin on your face. “Did you have a nice tour?”

“First, I missed you too, jagiya,” Youngjae told you while holding your face in his hands. “And second, yes, I did have a nice tour but it would have been even better if you were there.” He leaned down to plant a very sweet, soft kiss on your lips.

    After the kiss you stepped over to the right so he could get in the door to put his stuff down in your shared bedroom. You quietly followed him into the bedroom and just stood at the doorway staring at him, hardly believing he was finally home after three months away. You couldn’t wait to get him outside and onto the football field. You missed your usual football buddy. No one could ever quite match your skill like he could.

    When he was finally finished putting his things away you slowly walked up behind him and wrapped you arms around his waist. When he felt your arms he quickly turned around and enveloped you in when of his signature hugs that always squeezed the life out of you, but you loved it so much.

    “Youngjae, why don’t we go to the football field and play today,” you inquired. “I’ve tried to play with other people but I always beat them way too easily.”

    “That sounds like a lovely idea, jagi,” Youngjae replied. “Let me just go get dressed. I need to be in something cool when I kick your .” You walked out of the bedroom and closed the door so he could get dressed. You were so excited to finally be able to play with him again and you began to devise different plans to beat him at his own game.

    About ten minutes later, Youngjae walked out of your bedroom wearing a pair of purple shorts and a black t-shirt. He grabbed your hand and the two of you started walking to the football field about half a kilometer down the street from you. You two walked together in silence, holding hands with your arms swinging together back and forth. You lived for these moments with him; the silence wasn’t awkward but comfortable especially since you were about to dominate him at a game of football.

    It took about five minutes to walk to the football field and as soon as you saw it, you let go of Youngjae’s hand and started running towards the field with the ball underneath your arm, laughing as you went. Not even a minute later, he started to run after you, not taking to long to catch up to you and pick you up.     “Youngjae! Put me down!” you yelled at him. He put you down almost immediately after you said that. You picked up the ball and walked to the middle of the field. You set down the typical black and white round football directly between the two of you. You looked him straight in the eye and asked, “Now, are you ready to get beaten by your girlfriend?”

    “Maybe I should be the one asking that question,” he retorted.

    “It’s on,” was all you could say before you swiftly kicked the ball between his legs and ran around him. You expertly dribbling the ball between your feet towards your own goal. He stood there for a split second before quickly running after you, stealing the ball from you and running towards his goal. You let out a little screech in frustration before quickly running after him again. You guys went back and forth for about a half an hour before you decided to pick up the ball and start running all over the field. Youngjae let out a light chuckle before running after you, turning a friendly football game into a game of chase.

You tried everything to get away from him but he eventually caught you after ten minutes of running after you. He grabbed you before you could run any further and quickly threw you over his shoulder. You finally sighed in defeat but not before trying everything to get him to put you down.

“I guess you win,” you said almost at a whisper while rolling your eyes.

“What was that, jagiya,” Youngjae asked. He knew exactly what you said, he just wanted to hear you say it again because you usually don’t give up this easily.

You rolled your eyes one more time before repeating yourself, not too much louder, “I guess you win.”

“I still didn’t hear what you said.”

At this point you were thoroughly annoyed and finally shouted, “I guess you win!” Youngjae found your frustration rather adorable and could do nothing but ruffle your hair. This only made you even more annoyed so you started walking away from him.

He ran after you and tackled you, forcing you down onto the field with him on top of you, saying, “I’m sorry, jagi. I didn’t mean to make you upset. Why don’t we just lie on the field for a while and look at the clouds? Maybe we can find some shapes together.”

“I guess, Jae Jae.” He smiled after hearing you say that and quickly rolled to your left side pulling you up against him.

You two spent the rest of your afternoon together lying on the field, talking about random things that happened on his tour and what you had been up to while he was gone. Sporadically, whenever either of you saw something, you would point it out to each other, but you mostly just talked.

You didn’t bother heading back to your apartment until you saw the first star in the sky, but even then you had to practically pick up Youngjae off the field because he just wanted to stay there with you. He eventually gave in and stood up, taking your hand and pulling you along with him as you two walked back together.