Part VIII

I Could Be the One

Tina decided to stay in his older brother's condo. He's working overseas so he let Tina uses it.

Tina sat quietly in the dim light at the kitchen table, staring into space. Leisha was sleeping soundly upstairs. Outside a neighbor's dog barked and the insects continued their moonlight serenade. The reunion was still fresh in her mind, she watched helplessly as Aom walked away from her,

"I'm glad that you're happy."

"What's on her mind? Why so sad? I thought this is what she wanted?" There's a lot of questions bothering her mind.

Tina looked over the phone lying on the table. Guilt was playing with her as she thought about calling Aom. What's wrong with her? Why is she thinking about Aom while her girlfriends lay asleep upstairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Aom lay curled up on her bed, She cried like she had never cried before, she had always cried alone. Hiding in places where people wouldn't see her pain, it was easier that way. But seeing Tina again with her new girlfriend blew away whatever walls she had built around herself.

The ringing phone shook her from her thoughts. She reached over and answered, "Hello". There was only silence on the other line. She asked again, "Hello? Who's this?" She could hear someone taking a deep breath. Her heart jumped, could it be Tina? She held on to the phone and let the silence continue. A few seconds later, the line went dead.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Tina hung up the phone abruptly. She had everything prepared before she dialed Aom's number. In which she gets from P'Nay.

She just wanted to ask how is she, just to know if she's alright. Nothing more than a friendly call. But the moment she heard Aom's voice, everything flew out the window. Tina leaned forward and placed her head in her hands, asking aloud, "Oh Gosh, What am I doing?"
----------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning baby." Leisha drawled, placing little kisses down Tina's shoulder.

"Morning." Sleepily, Tina turned over and gave her a kiss. Leisha moved in for a cuddle, burying her face in Tina's neck. It was such a good feeling waking up next to Tina.

They were friends before the became lovers. In US she always saw Tina getting drunk every night. She owns a bar in LA. She's a lesbian and single that time. Her long time partner leave her with another woman and was on her moving on period when she met Tina. There's one night the bar's closing, one of the crew approaches her tell that a customer was sleeping in the corner table. She went and saw Tina. "Hey, the bar's closing." shaking her but no response. She held her face to see Tina's face clearly, she looks miserable but still handsome. There's a dried mark of tear in her cheeks.. She felt sad for Tina. She was like that a couple of months ago. She tried to wake her up again this time with a tap on her cheeks.. "Hey, wake up." Tina opened her eyes blinked and slightly adjusting her vision to see her. "Were closing now."
"Do you have a car?"
"Where do you live?"
"Can you drive?"
"What's your name?"
Tina smiled she was still dizzy and sleepy but she was fascinated on this girl.
"Yeah, i think i can drive. I live 10 blocks from here.. and my name's Tina."
"My name's Leisha i'm the owner of this bar." She shook her hand with Tina and said, "No, I don't think you can drive" You can call someone to drive you home or you can stay with my house for tonight?
"I don't have someone to call." Tina respond.
"You'll stay with me then, come on let me help you."
That's where all it started. They became good friends, she saw her talent and decided to formed a group initially for them to sing in her bar but when Tina showed her owned songs to her, she decided to help Tina record it and sell to a recording company. Tina told her about her past with Aom and she vowed to herself that she will help her forget Aom cause she started to fall inlove with her.

 

"What time is your meeting with P'Nay?"

"Around 10. We can drive around and eat breakfast if you want." Tina answered, tracing her fingers along Leisha's arm.

The light touch of Tina's fingers tickled Leisha and she pulled her arm back, laughing she said, "That would be great. Since we still have a few more hours..." In one swift move, she rolled on top of Tina. Pinning Tina's arms above her head, Leisha whispered as she kissed her way down her neck, "I feel like having breakfast in bed.."
----------------------------------------------------------------

Come on people, out of the way!" Aom hollered within her car, maneuvering her mazda through the heavy traffic. She looked at her watch, it was already 9AM and she was running late for a press conference. "Ugghhh!" Aom said to herself, surveying the traffic in front of her. Remembering a short cut, Aom turned her car around and sped off in the other direction.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Tina stood leaning on her car as she waited for Leisha to pick up their coffee. She heard laughter coming from behind her. Turning her head, she saw a couple walking down the street linking arms. They looked so content and happy, as one of them said something causing the other to break into a laugh. The melodious laughter made her think of Aom. She had the most joyous laugh Tina had ever heard. It was a sound she missed, especially late at night when everything is deadly silent.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, a few more blocks and she's there, Aom thought to herself. Turning the corner, Aom sighted a familiar car. Drawing nearer, she felt her body gave an involuntary jerk as she spot Tina standing beside the car. Without understanding why, her foot eased on the accelerator allowing the car to stop by the side, unsure of her next move.Looking through her rear view mirror, she saw a tall blond girl approached Tina. She watched her slipped behind Tina, her arms around her waist. She watched as Tina turn around and kiss her, the blond smiling happily with her arms around Tina.

Her body tensed against the sight she has seen. Her mind was telling her to go, Aom don't do this to yourself, leave, goddamn it just leave. But she finds herself rooted to the spot, unable to do anything but watch as they get into the car and drove away. She sat there, not moving. Tina looked happy, she has moved on, leaving her behind. But why for the very long years it's still so hard for her to let Tina go?