Part X

I Could Be the One

The frantic knocking on her car window woke Aom from her drunken state. Aom struggled to open her eyes and see the face staring at her.
"Aom open up!" Tina cried as she continued her knocking. Getting not much of a response from Aom, she turned around nervously, "Why the hell isn't she opening the door? She can see me right?" Tina asking herself. Tina continued knocking and pressing her palms against the window, "! How much did she drink? Her engine is on! She can die in there!"

She heard the sound of car unlocking and Tina immediately turned to open the door. Kneeling on the sidewalk, she reached out to cup Aom's face, "Are you ok?". She searched her face for a sign to calm her fears. Their faces were only inches apart, Tina could smell the alcohol on her breath.

Aom didn't expect to see Tina here, for a moment she thought her mind was playing tricks on her. Then she felt her hands on her face, warm and soothing. Even in her drunken state, Tina's touch sent flashes of heat streaming through her body. It has been so long since she felt like this. The alcohol in her body has lowered her inhibitions and was slowly tearing down her defenses.
Silently, she leaned forward to allow her body to rest on Tina.

Tina let out a gasp as she felt Aom encircled her arms around her. It feels so right. They didn't talk, They just stayed like that for awhile. Until she decided to drive her home.
--------------------------------
--------------------------------

"Careful." Tina said as she led Aom into her bedroom. Her
head was still spinning and she was beginning to feel nauseated.

"." Aom muttered, feeling her dinner rising to . She ran quickly to the toilet and vomit the entire contents of her
stomach. Tina kneel beside her, rubbing her hand in a circular
motion on Aom's back, 'It's ok, let it out"

Her body was exhausted. Tina swiped Aom's mouth to take any traces of vomit. Aom tried to stand up but she can't. Tina hold on to her waist to regain her balance. "Aom, I'm gonna carry you to bed."

She was tired to protest and nod to approve. Tina swept Aom from the floor and carry her to bed. She remember the first time Tina did it,  Aom burrowed her face in Tina's neck and encircled her arms around it.

"Easy now." Tina said, easing Aom onto her bed. She pulled the blanket over Aom and sat down on the side of the bed.

"Can I get you anything?"

"No...I just need to sleep" Aom said, feeling her eyes closing on
her.

"You scared the hell out of me, Aom." Tina said as she recalled
the fear and panic she felt earlier in the evening.

"Tina..." Aom was barely able to get her name out before she fell
into a deep drunken sleep.

"Aom?" Tina asked softly. She reached to push a strand of Aom's hair away from her face, she forgotten how beautiful Aom even when she's sleeping. She leaned in to place a soft kiss on her forehead and whispered, "Good night Aom."


Tina stayed until 8 in the morning just to make sure Aom is alright. Aom was still sleeping when she left. She didn't want to be there when Aom wakes up.
------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

Aom opened her eyes slowly, trying to adjust her vision to the
morning light. As she prodded her memory, it stared to come back to her, Tina was here, she remembered throwing up and Tina carrying her to bed. She lifted her head with much effort and scanned her room, hoping to find Tina waiting for her to wake up. 

Disappointed to find her room empty, she fell back into bed with a sigh. She let out a rueful laugh, thinking how foolish she was to have thought Tina would stay the night. She has moved on, she's with Leisha now. Her presence last night was just as a concerned friend, nothing more, she told herself. She can't allow herself to have even a tiny glimmer of hope, it would be too much for her to bear when it all comes crashing down. And she was certain it would happen.


She lay there for a while longer, she still has a job to attend to. She looked over at her clock and realized she has only an hour to get ready. She was halfway out the bedroom door before she sensed that something is different.

Looking around, she noticed her pile of dirty laundry was gone and her shoes were neatly placed by the door. She made her way to the living room and saw that her previously strewn around magazines  was placed neatly on her shelf.

Placed on top of the coffee table is a handwritten note that reads, "Aom, I hope you don't mind but I cleaned up your place a little. Your laundry is in the dryer and I folded the clothes I found lying around. They are in your closet and I made breakfast, your favorite, cheese and mushroom omelet. I hope you're feeling better today." -Tina

Aom slumped onto her couch and absent-mindedly folded the note in half. Tina did stay the night, is it possible that she still loves her? Don't be a fool, Aom. She loves Leisha, you're just a friend, you're not more than that. Aom scolding herself. But what if she still loves me? Am I ready to tell the whole world about us now? Aom give it a thought,  the worst outcome could be losing her career, people will mock them down, insults, judgements, everyone might stop loving her.. and so on..,  Aom stop, she felt her heart crushes, a tear fell from her eyes, "I already chose my career before."

I was never insulted or judged, but I am NOT happy. I was never happy when she left, and now my happiness found someone else.

If I will not quit worrying now, i'll stay like this forever.  Aom gather all the courage inside her and said.  "I have to do something to get her back. Or atleast try."