Part VII

I Could Be the One

Aom staring blankly in her unit's window for like an hour.. She didn't know what she was thinking exactly.. She's just standing there feeling empty... Nothing. It's like you're alive but you're not.

She's working like an animal everyday and night.. That is the only time she laugh and smile.. Only in front of the camera... and mostly for the people she didn't know.. She always make sure that when she gets home, she will just lay her body in the bed and sleep all tired and worn out..

Ding!" a microwave bell, a tone of her phone flashing at the same time, she got a text message. She unlock her phone and read the message.

"Hey! finally a Yes or No grand reunion! Tina's back! P'Air said they'll come. See you tomorrow!" --P'Nay

There's a sudden jolt in her heart... "She's back?"

It's been 6 years since she broke up with Tina.. After their pictures spread all over the news and internet, her happiest days are over.. Her manager dragged her out that day and make her choose between Tina and her career.

With all the confusion, realization and fear of all the judgements and disappointments from everyone... she let's her manager get his way to clear all the mess that they've been to, and painfully let go of Tina...

Denying all that's there in the pictures, saying that it was just a friendly getaway and they just got drunk.. Nothing special is going on between them.. Saying in every interview that she is straight and will never love Tina. It was just a mistake of being drunk..

She evaded Tina since the day they'll learn about the news.. She goes back to their parents house to avoid her. She let her heart turn into a stone... Tina's calling her non-stop.. pleading and crying everytime..asking her to come back... going to their unit but find her nowhere...even coming to one of the set where she's shooting her new series.. drunk. It pains her to know that Tina's drinking everyday, almost killing herself, lost all her jobs for not attending any of them..

Tina's shouting her name and asking for her to talk to her... crying and looking wasted.. Some crew were asking her to leave cause she is making a scene.. Security started to dragged her out but Tina's started to struggle and hurt the security... Pain pours through every inch of her like acid. She decided to go out and speak with Tina and end all their agony...

"Tina please stop!!" she dragged Tina into the dressing room and asked everyone to give them a privacy..

"I'm so sorry Tina. I can't be with you anymore. I've already thought about it and it was a big mistake." Aom sobbed. Letting her emotions take over. Even though she knew this was the best solution for them, she can't stop the stabbing pain cruising through her.

"Try to find someone who is willing to hold your hand in front of everyone's eyes.. someone who is not scared of what people will think.. someone who will never leave you... I can't be that person Tina. Please forget about me, let me go. Im begging you." Aom said with a heavy heart.. Tears were falling non-stop.

After a long silence..
Tina just nod.. she didn't say anything.. Tears were all over her face. Aom can see all the pain in her eyes.. She looks miserable. Tina held her face staring as if this is going to be the last time... "I thought i could still change your mind." Tina painfully utter those words. "I knew i was taking a gamble when we get together, I tried my best to keep you but i guess it didn't pay off... Thank you for the sweet memories atleast i could have something to cherish." Tina almost choking in her words crying relentlessly. "Goodbye Aom, I love you so much." She turn her back, head down and went out of her sight... And never came back.

It was surreal, the entire scene played before her in slow motion over again. All the feelings that suppress within her goes out like it happen yesterday.. She cried herself to sleep...
----------------------------------------------------------------

Aom was silent throughout the ride to the reunion's venue. She was with her manager.

"Are sure about this? P'Pum asked.

From staring outside she looked at her manager and nod. "Yes."

P'Pum was mad about what happened before. He tried all his best to get Aom where she is right now. When Aom ended her relationship with Tina he thought that it will be the best for them. Aom is now one of the most successfull actress in Thailand, and Tina was discovered in US when she left...She's one of the leading vocalist in the group called T5.. also writing songs and melody. They are both at their prime after 6 years..

But looking at Aom during that years makes his stomach turn everytime.. Aom was working like a robot. She just follow what ever he was asking from her. When Tina left it's feels like she took everthing that made sense to Aom. He thought that time will take away the pain from Aom's heart but with each passing days he can see that it gets harder and harder. The pain eats her until she find herself not feeling anything.. It broke his heart seeing his talent to not live at all..

"We're here." He sofly said looking at Aom. "Are you really okay?" he added.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thanks." Aom replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------
They were at the same restaurant where Tina and her first share their feelings.. Her eyes widen up a bit. She can't believe they're doing the reunion here.

Aom got out of the car first, She stood in front of the entrance trying to compose herself and shrug all the feelings building up.

They entered the restaurant, P'Nay rented the whole place. A big welcome banner was displayed in front of the tables.  Everyone is there the cast and all the crews that been a part of the part 1 and part 2 movie...She scan the area and stops in her tracks when she saw Tina's back. She's with her sister P'Air sitting beside her and there's one available seat in Tina's left.. P'Pum saw her panic and gave him an are-you-okay look.

She nods again.

"Let's go, I guess this won't be as hard as i thought." try to give him a sly smile.

P'Nay saw the two coming and greet them happily.

"Thanks for coming P'Pum, Aom!" P'Nay can't deny her excitement.

Tina spunned around her chair and see Aom and her manager.
She stand up and shake her hands with P'Pum and then wave her hand to Aom.

They both gave each other a shy smile. There was an akward pause as Tina and Aom stared at each other. Aom didn't know what to say, she's been longing to see her face for a very long time. She knows that Tina was a successfull musician now, she can only see her at the news and the internet. Most of the time she only read the headline but don't read or watch the whole thing to avoid hurting herself.

Tina spoke first. "Hi Aom.. it's been a long while, nice to see you again."

Aom was just standing there looking at Tina as if they were the only person in there.

Tina waving her hand to Aom's face and asked, " Are you alright?"

"Yeah, nice to see you too." Aom blushed on her embarassment cause everyone in the restaurant was looking at her. Tina gestured for them to seat in front of them.

Aom can't deny that all the feelings inside was returning again. She's so proud of Tina, everyone catches up of what's gone to everyones life after the movie. Tina was all happy and cheerfull. She talks about how she was discovered in a bar singing and how everything starts from there. She mentioned that she will be staying here for a month, rest and have a concert before she go back.

"I think you're leaving some part of your stories Tina?" Peii said with his curious face. Tina look at him and raise her eyebrow asking, "What?"

"How many girls did you have in there?! There were a lot of write ups that you're dating a lot of girls!!" Peii laughs hard and everyones seems carried away and laugh too. Except for Aom. A pang of jealousy bolted in her chest after hearing Peii's question. There's a hope in her heart that Tina will say "No, she never had anyone back there and that she still loves her."

Peii and Yam were on tandem in teasing Tina. They were persuading Tina to answer. Tina smiled and said, " No silly, i don't have a lot girls out there. I was swamp out of my job that i don't find the time for a lot of girls like what your thinking." Aoms heart were jumping up and down she's doing a happy dance in her mind!

"I only got one girl though, her name's Leisha. She's the one who discovered me." Tina looked at her watch and said, " I think by now she has arrived in Bangkok. She's coming today, I let our driver fetch her, she'll be here any moment. She's so beautiful and nice, I'm sure you'll like her."

Aom sat there on silence... "Beautiful and nice?" Slowly losing the smile on her face, struggling to stop her tears forming in her eyes. P'Pum notice Aom's reaction and immediately call her. "Hey Aom, let's get dessert." Aom look at him and follow him to the buffet table.

Unable to stop her tears she excused herself to her manager and tell him that she's going to the washroom.

Her manager felt pity on her and nods to Aom. He was thinking If only he can turn back time he would let Aom love who she really wants, forget about her career and be happy. It's just too late and it was his fault. Aom's like her daughter. Her family doesn't know anything about how she truly feels. Aom was good at keeping her feelings. In front of everyone she's still acting. Only him knows how ed up her life was.

Aom cries her heart out. There was nothing anyone could do, nothing she herself could do. How can she tell someone that parts of her are dying bit by bit? She have no one to spoke about this with... In a breaking voice she asked, "When does it stop?" Why can't you go away?!" pertaining to the pain inside her. She allowed the wrenching sobs to take over.

She washes her face and try to hide her fuffy eyes with make-up. She wore her glasses too to help her hide it.

When she goes out she didn't see Tina in her seat. She scanned the area and saw Tina walking from the entrance with a beautiful, american blond girl, wearing a simple green shirt and faded jeans. Tina's arms around her shoulder and the girls arm around Tina's waist. They looked so good together. She can see Tina's eyes were sparkling with love... gazing at the girl, she remembers how Tina looks at her when they were together. It's the same look. She felt a strong squeeze in her heart she can hardly breath.

She step back and planning to run outside, Aom didn't see the serving cart of drinks and crashed straight into it sending glasses and cups to the floor. Tina runs towards her immediately. Anxious to reach her. Aom was lying on the ground, still dazed by the fall. Tina got down on her knees beside Aom, frantically asking, "Aom, are you alright?!"

Aom nodded as she brushed bits of broken glasses off her jeans. Tina grabs her arms but she pushes it. "I'm fine! Don't touch me!" Tina was stunned at Aom's anger she look at Aom's manager coming his way to help her. "I have to go. Sorry for the mess I'll pay for that." Aom's limping while leaning with her manager.. She look at everyone and said goodbye.. She looks at Tina with sadness in her eyes and said, "I'm glad you're happy." and bolted out of the door...