Comfort

Lost Sunshine

Upon returning to the hotel, Taehyung was faced with an angry Yoongi. The older boy had begun screaming at him again and he struggled to make it to the couch. Hoseok begged the older to stop. It wasn’t helping. Soon Jungkook entered, joining Tae and Yoongi continued to yell. “Where have you been?” the older cried out, though it landed on somewhat deaf ears. “What if something happened to you guys! You even left your phone in you room, Kookie.”

Slowly, Tae realised that the older was trying tell them something. He was trying to tell them that he had been worried. “If you were so worried, then why didn’t you say so?” Taehyung muttered, crossing his arms.

Yoongi fell silent, glaring at the boy. “I figured you two, of all people, would know. But I guess you’re just too stupid,” he growled, kicking the lounge where they were sitting before storming into another room. Tae had flinched, then he started to shake. Soon, he could feel the hot tears stream down his cheeks. He didn’t seek out comfort like before. After all, Jungkook had decided it was a good idea to ditch him. He had to deal with this on his own.

However, Jungkook watched silently before moving over to his friend. He pulled the boy into a hug before he, too, began to cry. It didn’t take much before V accepted the comfort instead of trying to pull away and Hoseok watched. He hated watching. He wanted to help. He wanted to comfort them. But he couldn’t However, he did find comfort in the thought that they had each other. Where he couldn’t help, they could work together.

After a while, they had retired to bed, though Tae decided it would be better to sleep on the couch as he shared with Yoongi. Once he had fallen asleep, Hoseok moved into his old room to check on the youngest of the members. He found the boy still awake, burying his face into the pillow as he continued to cry. With a sigh, he sat next to the boy, smoothing out his hair, to no effect. It wasn’t long before Jimin woke, sitting up in his bed. He could hear the younger Maknae crying and moved over to his bed.

Standing and getting out of the way, J-Hope watched as Jimin climbed into the younger boy’s bed and pulled him into a hug. As he did so, Jungkook moved from the pillow and instead, cried into Jimin’s shirt. They stayed like that for a long while before the youngest quietened enough to talk. “You loved him?”

The question surprised Jimin and he pulled back to better look at the boy. “Why do you ask that?”

“I heard you say it. In the cemetery.”

Jimin sighed, pulling the boy closer. “I did, yes. I meant it, too.”

“I miss him,” Jungkook whispered, “but I missed you too.”

Once more, he was surprised. “You missed me?”

“You haven’t been here much. You haven’t even smiled once.” In truth, the boy missed everything about Jimin. The smile, the voice. The warmth of his hugs. It hurt him to hear those words in the cemetery, but he understood. The two of them had always looked well together. Hoseok couldn’t help the smile that crept onto his face. The two actually looked rather cute together.

“Well, then I’ll smile more,” Jimin replied, flashing a toothy grin. Jungkook looked up and seeing the smile, he couldn’t help his next actions. Moving closer, he pressed his lips against that precious smile and soon after, Jimin reciprocated. It made Hoseok extremely happy. They were together. They could depend on each other.