Moving On

Lost Sunshine

The next day passed relatively quickly and without problem. Jimin and Jungkook remained asleep in bed, both exhausted. It seemed Jin and Namjoon had fallen asleep in the van and Yoongi was still in his own room. Taehyung was the only one awake so late in the night as he rummaged through the small cabinet beside the tv. Finding the video he had been searching for he pushed it into the VCR and adjusted the channel so that he could watch it.

The screen lit up with a soft glow in the horizon, the sun as it began its ascent. In the middle was six figures, silhouetted by the rising sun. It was an old video, but it was one of the boy’s favourites. Hoseok remembered that day well. It had been a few months after their eldest had shown them and they decided it would be their special spot. If he remembered correctly he had accidentally slipped off of the dock himself and managed to soak his favourite shirt. The ghost let out a laugh at the memory, but it was quick to fade as the younger boy began to cry.

“Tae, what are you doing up so late?” Yoongi asked, causing the boy to flinch and wipe his eyes. The older frowned and sat next to the boy. “Look…” He struggled to find the words, “I’m sorry. You were right. I shouldn’t be taking this out on you. It’s just so hard, you know?” Tae nodded and simply leant against his hyung. Yoongi wrapped an arm around the boy and gently rubbed his shoulder. “But really, I don’t want to see those cuts anymore. It hurts to look at them.”

V looked away from the video and studied the older. “You really care that much?”

“I know, it isn’t obvious, but I thought you would know.” Tae smiled slightly, more tears falling from his eyes and rested his head on the other’s shoulder. Suga wiped the tears away and pulled the boy into his lap, then continued to watch the video in silence. About a third of the way through the video they were joined by Jimin and Jungkook and at about half way, the other two were watching as well.

“We should go back,” Taehyung muttered suddenly, “To have some fun.”

“It would be nice to spend time together again,” Jin added, chuckling at the surprised looks he received from the others. He had actually forgotten that hadn’t spoken for a long while.

“Then it’s settled,” Jimin said, standing and helping the others up. “We should leave right away. We could watch the sun rise again!”

“Not without the food!” Jin cried, hurrying to the kitchen to grab a few things.

The others laughed and Namjoon made his way to a cupboard. “At least this time we’ll remember the towels.” Hoseok nodded. When he had fallen in it took him ages to dry out and it had been an exceptionally cold day. It didn’t take long to get the van packed and soon they were off.

Upon arrival, the group was glad the sun hadn’t risen yet. It was a tradition to get there early enough to watch it and even without Hoseok, they didn’t want to beak it. The all sat on the small ledge, legs dangling just above the water as they watched. And Hoseok stood next to them, watching the sky slowly change colours.

“Look!” Jungkook cried out suddenly and pointed towards the figure. Hoseok looked back at the others as they watched him and smiled. They were good now. They would move on. He would be able to now. No one cried as the light caused the figure to disappear. They knew it was him, but they were glad that he was able to move on too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my heart, this almost made me cry.