Sunset

Lost Sunshine

It had been a week since it had happened. Since they had all heard Jimin crying out for Hoseok to wake up. The young boy didn’t beam his smile anymore. They had told their fans, told them that they would keep them updated and told them to never touch drugs, no matter how hard life was. They told them to have courage, that they were all praying for J-Hope and yet, none of them felt it. It was almost as if it was set in stone, despite what Jungkook had said that day and every day since. The youngest had spoken those words over and over, though he hardly seemed like he believed them himself.

They all sat around the dinner table, which was unusual unless there was a holiday, Jin’s cooking in front of them. They all ate, it wasn’t a problem, except for Jin, who simply sat and stared at the food. He was too used to cooking for seven, now there was always too much. Some days he would be so bad that Namjoon would have to force the food into his mouth before the oldest would even think about eating. It seemed the leader was the only one who had managed to keep himself together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His eyes fluttered open, though he saw nothing. Nothing but white everywhere. There was nothing, but his eyes hurt, hurt like he was staring right at the sun. The boy blinked, but nothing changed. He took a step forwards, and suddenly he fell, fell deep into the darkness that he simply had not noticed.

Once again, his eyes fluttered open. Hoseok looked around, then sat up. He could hear a high pitched noise coming from his right and so many people were active around him. Standing, he moved out of their way, watching to see just what they were so buzzed about. Then he saw himself, so pale, lying in that bed. The monitor next to his body held no pulse and he knew then, that he was gone, that he was watching, yet no one could see him. He was truly dead.

As he thought about it, he found himself back in the apartment. There they were, all sitting around the table, eating. No, not everyone. Jin hadn’t touched his food. Such an act was unusual. Walking over to the oldest, he tapped him on the shoulder, trying to tell him to eat, even yelling at him, but nothing happened. The boy simply sat there, staring blankly at his food. Suddenly, the phone rang. They had all jumped. None of them expecting the sudden noise to fill the silence between them.

It was Namjoon who answered, muttered ‘yes’s and ‘yeah’s every now and again, until the phone slipped from his grasp. Hoseok rushed over to him, trying to catch him as legs gave out. But the boy simply fell through his grasp and instead attempted to balance himself against the counter. The doctor’s voice could be heard coming through the phone in muted static, but Namjoon didn’t answer. Couldn’t. He sat there, tears spilling out of his eyes as he stared at the tiled floor in disbelief.

Seokjin moved next, picking up the phone and finishing the call before placing it back on the wall. He then knelt next to the younger boy, pulling him into a hug as he broke down completely. From across the room Yoongi stood, throwing the chair back against the wall and cursing as the chair broke upon impact. The younger ones were silent, flinching at his harsh words. Kicking the chair once, he left the room and slammed the bedroom door behind him, all the while cursing at Hoseok and how he had left them when he promised to be their sunshine.