Down the Drain

Lost Sunshine

After spending the night with Namjoon, though he never knew he was there, Hoseok found himself back at the hotel. More specifically, in front of Jin, who remained staring at the wall. He wanted to know what was going through his hyung’s head, yet he couldn’t ask. All he could do was watch. After hours of staring, the boy moved, finally. He stood, like he had done very few times before, and made his way to the bathroom. Hoseok had always thought the boy was simply using the bathroom, but as no one was home, he left the door open. Instead of sitting on the toilet of having a shower, he stared at himself in the mirror before opening the cabinet.

Following his hyung into the room, he watched as Jin picked up a small bottle and opened the lid. If he was alive, Hoseok knew he would have a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. He suddenly recognised the look on his hyung’s face and could tell just what he planned to do next. “Please, Seokjin. Don’t do it,” he whispered as the older opened the container and poured a couple of the drugs onto his open palm. He knew how lost the boy must feel – he had felt the same. But he knew that it didn’t work.

Jin tilted his head back, ready to let the pills fall into his mouth. As he did so, he noticed an image in the mirror, causing the pills to miss his mouth and fall into the sink. Blinking, the image was gone. Had he actually seen the boy next to him, so pale? No. He was on drugs. He was hallucinating. Shaking his head, he leaned his head back again to take the pills. But the image was back. With a sigh, he glanced over his shoulder, but saw nothing. “Please don’t look at me like that,” he mumbled. His voice was hoarse; the first words he had spoken since that day.

Hoseok sighed, wrapping his arms around Jin’s waist, somewhat surprised that he didn’t fall through. The boy leant against the sink, container still in hand as he let slip a few tears. “Seokjin?” It was Jimin, standing by the open door. Jin knew he should have closed it. Turning, he tried to hide the container from the boy. J-Hope stood back, watching quietly in the corner. Not that they would have heard them if he made a sound. “What’s that?” He didn’t answer.

Jimin stepped forwards and tried to grab the vial but Jin moved it away. “It’s nothing.” There was disbelief in Jimin’s eyes and he reached forwards again only to be pushed away by the older boy with a little too much force. Falling back, he tumbled against the tub. When looked up at Jin, the boy’s eyes were wide as he realised what he had done. There was actual pain in those eyes and he was the cause of it. Dropping the pills into the sink, he ran out of the bathroom and back to his room.

Soon, Jimin managed to stand and walked over to the sink. Picking up the container himself, he scowled. It was how Hoseok had gone. He wouldn’t let anyone else leave that way. Opening the vial, he poured them all into the toilet, followed by any others that may have had the same effect if used. Once he had finished that, he flushed the toilet, watching as most disappeared with the stream of water.

“Jiminie…” V mumbled, standing at the doorway. The older looked up, waiting for the question that was surely coming. “Have you seen Kookie? He hasn’t been home all night.” Jimin just shook his head and Tae simply left. Glad that Jimin had seemed to have somewhat pull out of his depression, Hoseok decided to follow the younger boy instead. They walked out of the hotel and down the streets, though Hoseok doubted Tae had anywhere in mind to go.

After they had walked for a few hours, they turned a corner and J-Hope could only try to catch the young boy before he fell onto the glass shards below. Of course, he was unable and watched as V sat up, staring at the blood that began to dribble down his arms. The boy sat back and began to pull out the shards piece by piece. After pulling out the last, he inspected it before placing it to his arm. Hoseok could only beg him to stop, but once more, he was unheard. It was little relief, but better than the thought that the only one who stayed by his side during this time had left him. Taehyung only made a small cut, but he still had to wait a while before the bleeding stopped so that he could head back to the hotel.