Darkness

Lost Sunshine

The following days were full of pain. Too all including Hoseok, who could do nothing but watch his friends fall into depression. He knew how they felt, he had been through it himself and as a result, he had forced them into the same situation. He wanted to take back everything he did after that death. The drugs, the pain, even the crimes he had committed, but he couldn’t. Was this his hell? To watch them do the same as him or even worse?

The first to try anything was Jimin. Having gotten up earlier than everyone, he had drawn a bath and sunk himself under the surface. Hoseok knew he could only watch yet still he tried to stop the young boy. It wasn’t until Jungkook burst in, exclaiming that his hyung was taking far too long in the bathroom that he felt relief. The young Maknae’s face had filled with concern as he ran over, almost slipping from the water that had spilled over the edge and pulled Jimin’s head above the water.

Jimin glared at Kookie as the boy pulled the plug on his suicide attempt. Pushing him away, he got out of the tub and wrapped himself in a towel, hardly trying to drying himself off as he left Jungkook in the bathroom. Hoseok sat beside him, watching the boy begin shake once the older had left. Then he broke down, crying onto the side of tub. He didn’t want to lose anyone else and yet they wanted to leave him. “Why did you leave us?” he asked. And though Hoseok answered that he didn’t want to, the boy simply couldn’t hear him.

In the next few days, Namjoon had disappeared, claiming that he was going to the studio. He never came back. Yoongi had become cold, yelling profanities at anyone who looked at him and punching holes in the walls. At one point, he began yelling at the younger members, only to have Taehyung break down completely, comforted by Jungkook. Jimin went out often, but no one knew where he went. And Jin didn’t seem to care. He spent most of his time sitting on his bed and watching the shadows move over the far wall above where Hoseok would have slept.

Within the month, Jungkook and V began spending more time together, even disappearing for days at a time. Each time they return, no one would notice except for Hoseok. Of course, he wanted to tell them to stop. Tell them that what they were doing was wrong, but they wouldn’t hear him, no matter how loudly he shouted at them. In his desperation he had even tried to hit them, but his hands simply fell through them and he would end up on the floor, watching them walk past as if he wasn’t there. Because he wasn’t and that fact hurt. It hurt all of them. He had made his name J-Hope to be the sunshine in their life and now their sun was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter, I know!