Chapter 30

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER THIRTY; THE NIGHTMARE THAT IS REALITY.

"Come on doc, can't you just let me outside of a couple of hours?" Kai pleaded with a smile that came across as sweet and innocent.

"I've already told you, you ran away last time you were allowed outside, there will be no time outside until we know we can trust you"

"I told you I was escaping the Queen of Red Heart's because she's keeping us here and using us for what we can do! Suho tell him!" He was fuming. Furious beyond belief that nobody took his craving for fresh air seriously, all these people in their ugly white clothing covered by their ugly white outfits who wouldn't even let him open a window and now wouldn't allow him access to the green grass outside.

"Yeah Suho. Tell him what that big-headed wench has done to us!" Luhan croaked, pointing to the tired doctor that blocked the door to the room.

"I've told you, my name is Junmyeon, not Suho," Junmyeon told Luhan, ignoring Luhan's pointed finger at the doctor as he sat, not wanting to watch the disturbance in the peace of the room.

"Yeah, and my name is Minseok" Xiumin scoffed from where he was.

"Your name is Kim Minseok, Minseok" Junmyeon breathed out, trying to remain calm and unphased by the disruption in the room as he kept himself in the corner, away from everyone else.

"They're taking my spoons again!" Chanyeol began to cry and Lee ran down the stairs and to his side, hearing him from all the way upstairs, slapping Baekhyun and his giggling sidekick away. Protectively coming to the tall male's aid who looked at her in admiration of her efforts despite how tired, sore and broken she was feeling. Her despair had been loud, even when they brought her and Sehun back, and now she was pushing that aside for him.

"Not anymore it's not! Not after that woman dragged me into this place and left me here to rot under her nose!" Minseok bellowed, pointing at the door to gesture to the head scientist that was keeping them all here and throwing his head round in distress.

"Leave him alone you bastards!" Lee yelled, she punched Chen and he slapped her back, laughing at her when she visibly reacted to the pain of Chen's slap.

"What do you want to do Junmyeon, shall I get Mrs Jung?" The scientist asked tauntingly as Junmyeon stood up from his corner to approach Minseok.

"Don't do that-" Junmyeon gave a hurried shake of his head, putting his hands on Minseok's shoulders. "-that'll just cause an uproar in here" He pulled Minseok back from the door and Minseok spun around to glare at him.

"Suho tell that guard to go back to kissing the Knaves , we don't need him here watching over us!"

"But-"

"If you don't bust his out of my sight I'll do it myself" Minseok cut Junmyeon off and Junmyeon looked at the scientist proudly purched in front of the door he could exit through any time he wanted. Junmyeon put his hands back on Minseok's shoulders and walked away, distracting Minseok with the wide perimeter of wide walls and small windows they were given, then he looked up at the stairs that lead to the individual rooms they would soon be locked in. A deep breath escaped him and his hands fell back to his sides as Minseok huffed and stomped away from him.

------------

"Should we have left her in the other ward? She has been acting out a lot more since the last tests were run, she may become a danger to the other subjects" Doyoung stressed. Lee, never having been one for tears, was sitting on the floor, tired and teary-eyed as cries pulled out of .

"We can't do that now, not without Mrs Jung's approval" The scientist shook his head and Doyoung looked around at the rattled state that all of the subjects were now in. As the new guy, he was feeling a bit lost and confused but he still had a lot of ideas that he wanted to offer the team.

"Maybe they need to be put into separate wards" Doyoung stated, making the scientist turn to Doyoung again.

"Are you questioning the professionals of this experiment Doyoung? It won't look good if Mrs Jung hears you speaking in such a way, your enthusiasm will be mistaken" The scientist crossed his arms over his chest as his lips pulled into a straight line and his brows scrunched up.

"No, not at all-" Doyoung gave a scattered shake of his head and waved his arms.

"Don't act so quick1 They'll misunderstand your actions" The scientist quickly put Doyoung's hands back by his side and the young doctor dropped his head, his shoulders went slack and he let out a long deep breath.

"But think about it, they've made themselves think they're part of Alice In Wonderland. If we separate them then they won't be able to look to each other for that simulation of being in that world, it could bring them back from that delusion" Junmyeon, from where he was hidden, could see the worry in Doyoung's eyes that gave a watery shine and his face contorted that he was serious and believed he could seriously fix the delusional people in the room with him.

"That's not going to happen Doyoung"

"You told me to be open-minded. Mental health has no limits-"

"Suho! Lee is clawing at herself!" Sehun croaked out and Junmyeon's head flicked back to look at his only female companion. Lee rocked back and forth. Her cheeks wet with tears and her eyes red. Her nails sunk into the skin of her legs and dragged over the flesh again and again and Junmyeon ran over to her. He dropped to his knees and put his hands over Lee's arms. Two more doctors ran over with the straight jacket in hand and Junmyeon was pushed aside violently with nothing he was able to do but watch as the doctors forced Lee into a constraining jacket, tying her arms down as she wailed.

"Minah we cannot do this to ourselves" He spoke and Lee ripped herself out of the doctors' hands.

"They took him Suho! They stole him from us and now they're probably going to kill him!" She screeched and kicked her legs.

"Don't cry Lee" Sehun sniffled as he wiped his tears and shuffled closer, Lee shook her head.

"We should have done better to stop her! Now that pathetic woman has Chanyeol in her hands and we don't know what she's going to do to him!" She continued and Junmyeon held Lee's ankles down to stop her from kicking any of them.

"Minah you need to listen to me" Lee choked on a sob and Junmyeon sighed, keeping a tight grip on her ankles.

"They took him Suho, we let the Knave's men take him without putting up a proper fight" She sniffled and Junmyeon nodded.

"I know Lee, I know. But we'll get him back, I promise you ok? Chanyeol's strong and he'll be able to come back"

"You really think so?" Minah's watery eyes pierced through Junmyeon and he sighed as his heart sank.

"I know so Lee"

"Ok," Minah nodded, calming down. The doctors left her to fall on her back and stare up at the ceiling, sending one look Junmyeon's way before walking off, leaving the room so that it was only occupied by the subjects.

"We'll get Chanyeol back"

"Yes, we will" Lee sniffled as she nodded in agreement. Junmyeon looked around at everyone else. Sehun sat beside Lee, sniffling and wiping his eyes, grieving for Chanyeol who had been viciously pulled from his room in front of everyone. Everyone else had scattered when there was nothing more they could do, whatever they were being injected with disabled them from using their gifts and they were weak physically, all they could do was hide as they took Chanyeol, hoping they wouldn't be taken as well. Minseok hid beneath the stairs, Junmyeon could see him from where he was, eyes empty as he stared at Minah in her restraints, he didn't blink and Junmyeon took in a breath, looking back down at Minah. He pulled back slowly, taking his hands off her ankles and waiting for any response from her. She curled herself into a ball and continued to sob, biting down on her bottom lip so that she wouldn't make too much noise.

"Let's go Sehun" Junmyeon breathed out as he wedged his hands under Minah's body and scooped her into his arms. Sehun followed Junmyeon up the stairs and down the hall to Minah's room.

"Watch her closely" Junmyeon muttered as Sehun eased his body down on the mattress on the floor next to Minah. Sehun nodded and Junmyeon walked out of the room, looking back one last time before leaving.

------------

"I'll behave" Kai smiled and the female doctor in her white coat looked up at him with a straight face and a narrow stare.

"You think that I believe you Jongin?" She retorted and Kai waved a hand at her dismissively.

"Sweety, I've told you it's Kai, no one in this place calls me Jongin anymore, that's a different guy" Kai kept the smile he held and the doctor sighed, picking up her no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter