Chapter 24

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE; THROWING SCISSORS FROM THE SECOND FLOOR.

It was present again, that forever tense air that was seemingly unwilling to leave the house. They all avoided it like the plague and it seemed to follow them everywhere they went. That was only because D.O was as uncaring as the day he was dragged into the house and given the slapping of his life. He walked around doing as he pleased and he ignored the heated stares and the snarls of hatred that were aimed towards him, he walked around as if he constantly had headphones in that were playing something too loud for him to hear the rest of the world and it made the others more infuriated than they were before.

Luhan couldn't have seemed to care less though, he skipped around the house and hummed to himself a song that no one knew. He pestered everyone at least several times a day and he dragged the first person he saw out to the garden the moment he saw a chance. That was how Lee ended up outside with no shoes on and a jacket that wasn't her own keeping her warm. Luhan sat behind her, rambling about something she had long ago stopped paying attention to. His fingers felt nice against her scalp as he braided her hair but she couldn't help but look to the door with the desire to go back inside. The trees swayed with the wind and it bit at their skin but it seemed Luhan and Kai didn't mind as Luhan was still busily telling Lee a story and Kai was somewhere in the garden out of their sight.

"I've always hated hats, I don't like wearing them, putting them on others heads or making them. I've always prefered hair over hats. I like touching hair, everyone uses different shampoos and everyone has a different texture to their hair it's fascinating to me and colours, bright colours, I freaking love colours" Lee hummed as Luhan rambled on. The back door was pulled open and both of them peered over. Suho shuffled out, pushing his feet into his shoes and rubbing his hands together, looking up and smiling when he saw Lee and Luhan sitting together.

"I was wondering where that jacket was" He chuckled when he approached them, swollen lip and all.

"I'm sorry" Lee gave a bashful smile and Suho shook his head, wincing as he moved slowly to sit down with them.

"It's fine, I don't mind, I just wanted to get away from those four walls for a little bit" They all turned their heads to look back at the house and Luhan let out a breath, his hands going slack and falling on Lee's shoulders.

"No one has said anything yet?" He presumed and Suho shook his head as Luhan's fingers flicked at the end of the braids he had just finished in Lee's hair.

"No, everyone is still growling and giving him dirty looks, but he doesn't care, he's pissy that he didn't get out of here when he thought he had the chance to"

"What a silly boy" Luhan shook his head and Suho and Lee turned to look at him.

"He should know that there needs to be all of us in order to open the door" He clucked his tongue and Lee's eyes went wide at his words.

"Luhan, you know where the door is?" Suho questioned.

"You know how to open the door?" She pestered and Luhan looked between the two that he was sitting with, his wide eyes confused as they flickered between the pair.

"Yes, does new Alice and Suho not know how to open the door? Or where the door is?" He inquired and Suho pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes and in a sharp breath.

"Luhan I told you earlier that you cannot call Lee the new Alice" He chastised and Luhan pouted.

"Sorry Alice, I won't call you the new Alice anymore" He promised her and Lee waved a dismissive hand, sitting up on her knees urgently.

"We need to tell the others"

"You really do not know?" Luhan frowned.

"How do you know that stuff, Luhan?" Suho questioned.

"The Queen showed me so that I knew I wouldn't be able to get out"

Pain shot through his knees at the impact of being forced onto them. He grit his teeth so that no sound would escape him to show that he was in pain, that would only make things worse for him. Heels were heard, taking one step before the other as they closed in on him. Luhan saw the billowing material she always wore, it brushed over his skin as she passed him and stood in front of him. The Queen pursed her lips, waiting for Luhan to look up but he kept his eyes on the tiled floor in front of him. She nodded and a hand wrapped its fingers through Luhan's hair, tugging and forcing his head back so that he would look up. He winced, gritting his teeth again and squinting up at the Queen as she smirked down at him.

"I suggest you pay attention because you're never going to be seeing this again" She spoke turning her back on him and strolling forward. Luhan looked around at the room he was forced into. It was like nothing he had ever seen before. There was an averaged sized table surrounded by chairs, that was normal. It was the odd decorations and multiple doors lining the walls of the room that wasn't normal.

"Do you know where you are number seventy seven?" The Queen inquired, forcing Luhan to look back at her, he shook his head and the Queen rose an eyebrow. He received a knock to the back that had him swaying forward.

"No your majesty" He forced the words out and a confident smile pulled at the lips of the Queen of Red Hearts.

"Of course you don't" She laughed as if he were a brainless fool and Luhan looked away bitterly as she cackled, finding herself funnier than anyone else did.

"This-" The Queen spun on the spot, her hands gesturing to the room they were in and its contents. "-Is where you'll find your way out of here," She told him and Luhan perked up at her words. 

"There are a lot of doors aren't there seventy seven? Which one do you think is the way out?" She turned to look at him and Luhan's eyes scaled the room, taking in every door and thinking it over in his head.

"It's none of them!" She Queen crowed out before he could have a definite answer and so Luhan put his eyes back on her as she laughed.

"Do you know why seventy seven? Because no door can get you out of here" She dismissed with a wave her hand and Luhan couldn't help the way his facial features tugged down in disappointment.

"But that mirror can" She pointed to the mirror and Luhan put his eyes on a framed mirror above the fireplace in the centre of the wall. He blinked as the queen moved towards it. She put her hand out and the glass mirror wavered in response to the contact from her, taking the breath away from Luhan.

"Here's the best part" She looked at him over her shoulder.

"It's useless without the blood of every one of you little treasures" She took one leisurely step after the other so that she was standing in front of him.

"It's even more fruitless to try and escape if you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter