Chapter 21

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE; GET THROUGH.

"First thing in the morning, that's when we'll take them" Xiumin was tired, so was everyone else but they agreed with him, kicking their shoes off as they entered the house, leaving the muddy feet protectors outside as Sehun swung the door shut, locking it behind him as he yawned.

"I can't believe I had to spend that much time sitting in a tree that my went numb" He complained and Baekhyun snorted, rubbing his eyes with closed fists, blocking his vision as he clambered up the stairs.

"You wouldn't wanna have been me then dude" He retorted and Sehun scoffed, not caring for Baekhyun's situation.

"It's all dirty" Lee pursed her lips at the sopping material she was holding onto, the previously elegant and soft to touch silk was now wet and dirty, clinging to any part of her body it could as she carried it in her arms. Chen sighed, folding his own blackened material up as he followed Lee up the stairs and through the door of the laundry where they both rung out the essential part of their daily outfits over the sink, watching as murky water was drained from it. Lee cringed, she could smell the muddiness of the water coming from both her silk and Chen's. She hung her silk on the ledge of the sink, flicking her fingers and wiping them dry on her shirt as she let out a breath.

"I think it's best to just wait before we clean them, who knows what is going to happen to them tomorrow"

"I don't think we'll even need to wear them tomorrow" Chen chortled bitterly, letting his own material drape over the sink as he stepped back, wiping his hands on his pants as he left the laundry room. Lee followed, dragging her feet down the hall and towards her room.

"See you in the morning" Lee waved to Chen who nodded.

"Goodnight Lee" Lee shut the door to her room, turning and gasping in surprise when she found an unexpected figure standing by her window. She turned her light on but it made it almost impossible to see him so she turned it off again, blinking in a stuper when she could, in fact, see Yifan standing next to her window, gazing out at what lay ahead of their home.

"Yifan" She saught the deceased mans attention and he let out a breathy hum, his voice seemingly echoed through the room as it made it's way to her ears.

"I understand if you have something to say, but why not go and tell Suho? Visit Xiumin or one of the others? Why keep coming to me?" He turned to look at her, there was no expression on his face as he looked at her. He crossed his arms, leaning against the wall as Lee moved closer, heading for her bed and sitting down, keeping her eyes on the male before her.

"I've already explained this to you, they aren't open like you are, their minds are closed off to the existence of things like me, I can't visit them if they don't believe in me"

"Right" Lee nodded, biting down on her lip as nothing to say came to her mind.

"Are you not going to ask why I'm here?" Kris frowned, his eyes squinting at her and Lee blinked.

"You've got attitude" She pointed out.

"And not a lot of time" Kris stated making Lee take in a breath.

"What's brought you here Kris?" She asked him and Kris rolled his shoulders, humming seemingly in delight as he stepped forward.

"I'm glad you asked" He smiled as Lee watched him, waiting for him to speak.

"Xiumin, he has said that you will leave for the castle tomorrow"

"First thing in the morning" Lee confirmed and Kris rubbed his chin, looking down at his feet.

"You want to look for ZiTao and Luhan too" Lee nodded and Kris looked up at her again.

"When you go there tomorrow, you need to bring them back with you, no matter what," He told her and Lee gave another nod.

"We're going to do our best to get them out of there" She assured him and Kris shook his head, stepping forward until he was crouching in front of Lee, coming eye to eye with her in one of the strangest moments of eye contact Lee had ever experience. Lee could see him, feel the chill that came with his presence, she could stare right into his eyes. But looking into his eyes also meant seeing the fuzzy background of her bedroom window and the way the curtains moved with the breeze from the small gap in the open window.

"You're not understanding what I'm trying to say" Lee blinked, looking back to Kris.

"If you go there and you don't get them out, the Queen will have them killed as she had done to me" His voice dropped, echoing around her and Lee felt the air getting caught in , she could have sworn that her heart stopped beating for a moment there.

"Get them out of there or don't approach the castle at all" Lee scrambled, stumbling to her feet and to her door, she ripped it open, being met with a dark hallway and silence that she interrupted with heavy breathing to match the weight of her footsteps.

"Xiumin!" She ran for the room she recognised, struggling to breathe as she approached the door, turning the handle and forcing it open.

"Xiumin!" Lee swung the door open, barging into the room and running over to Xiumin's bed.

"What on earth?! Lee? What is wrong with you?" Xiumin shot forward in the bed as it was invaded and Lee grabbed onto his shoulders, almost sending them both falling back if he didn't stabilise them.

"What the hell Lee?" He hissed and Lee looked at him with wide eyes.

"It's Kris" She gasped out and Xiumin huffed.

"It's him again? What does he have to say now?" Xiumin inquired, sitting up properly as more worried faces began to fill the room.

"He's heard about what we're doing tomorrow," She told Xiumin as Lay took his place on the bed as well. Kai waltzed into the room, yawning and looking around at the other faces. D.O leant on the post of Xiumin's bed and Chanyeol pulled Lee back so that she wasn't talking into Xiumin's face anymore.

"What? He doesn't approve of it? It's too bad" Xiumin breathed out, scratching his head and blinking as his room became filled with everyone that took cover under the same roof as him. Lee took in a deep breath, calming down, looking around just like everyone else was, her eyes settled on one figure that followed her, standing tall as he took his perch by the window of this room as well.

"Let them know" His hand gestured to the people in the room as Lee opened to speak again.

"He said tomorrow, if we don't bring Luhan and ZiTao back with us tomorrow, then they won't be leaving. If we don't get them out the Queen is going to kill them" Kris faded from her vision and Lee turned back to look at Xiumin, blinking slowly as her lips quivered.

"Just like she killed him"

"Holy " Chen choked out and the others looked at him as he pointed a finger at Lee shakily.

"She's seeing ghosts, the kid is seeing " His voice changed tones and Lee blinked from where she kneeled on Xiumin's bed. Lee gave a slow nod of her head, her voice coming out as a hum when she spoke.

"Yeah, I guess I am" 

"That's ing crazy" Baekhyun covered his mouth with one of his hands, scrutinising Lee with his squinted eyes as she moved her eyes to blink at him.

"For crying out loud, you two are so bloody slow, we know she's seen ghosts and . Can we go back to bed yet?" D.O brushed a hand over his head, moving the strands of hair that were getting in his face back and out of the way once again.

"Well, I guess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter