Chapter 23

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE; THE POINT.

"You're ruining my chance to get out of here!" 

"Because we're meant to be leaving here as a team!" Chanyeol fought back, his hands unbearable with the heat they were emitting. The hall didn't look like the same hall he had first chased D.O into. It was wrecked, totally destroyed by the fighting done by the two of them. The ground shook and Chanyeol stumbled back, throwing D.O away from him and emitting a fire that followed him. D.O collided with the wall, toppling to the ground and the fire smoked out, missing him in its reign of attack. Chanyeol winced, holding his side as each breath he took caused him pain. D.O pushed himself back onto his feet as the building around them shook and the ground beneath their feet formed cracks. Chanyeol jumped at him again, his fingers wrapping up in the material of D.O's shirt to pull him in so that they were face to face.

"This is meant to be a team effort! We're meant to get Luhan and Tao out of here and then we'll leave. WE'RE MEANT TO GO TOGETHER" Chanyeol shook him by the hold he had on D.O's collar. D.O's swung at him, punching Chanyeol and he stumbled, pulling D.O with him and shaking him again.

"There is a chance to leave now so I don't see why I can't take it! Why should I have to wait to save someone else with you people?!" D.O kicked Chanyeol in the chest, making him fly back and crash into the ground. D.O spun on his heel, wiping his mouth and marching down the hall. Flames surrounded him, his head flicking left and right as he naturally looked for a way to escape the unbearable heat, but he had been surrounded in the blink of an eye. He could hear Chanyeol venting out his frustrations behind him and the flames seemed to burn hotter around him as Chanyeol shrilled.

"BECAUSE WE WERE MEANT TO DO THIS AS A TEAM" His voice boomed around them, so loud that D.O let out a snarl. His hands shot up as the flames grew closer to him. The cement tore apart with a thunderous shake and pounds upon pounds of dirt flew around him and forced their way into the flames, knocking them down and diminishing them. Chanyeol lunged at him and they tumbled to the ground. The dirt they fell in was hot in temperature and D.O gasped out, kicking his limbs around and aiming his fists at Chanyeol who aimed for D.O's throat. D.O's eyes went wide and his veins made themselves visible as Chanyeol clawed at his throat, refusing to release his hold as D.O clawed at him. He gurgled and spasmed with his wide eyes glaring into Chanyeol's firey ones as they battled it out mentally. Chanyeol's fingers clenched around D.O's throat, squeezing and making a wheeze push out of D.O. His own eyes went wide with determination as he leered down at D.O.

"It's either we all leave or we all stay, there are no free passes for you" It took several kicks of his feet for D.O to get Chanyeol off of him, his vision was becoming strained and his head was spinning but he still sat up the moment Chanyeol was forced away from him. He rose to his feet, staggering away as Chanyeol cried out. His feet dragged across the jagged ground, his boot catching a ditch in the ground and his body collapsed. His hand shot out to the wall beside him and he used it to force himself back on his feet. Though his feet were knocked out from under him again, sending him to his knees and face to face with a second pair of boots. D.O looked up, meeting eyes with Kai who smirked down at the sight of him on his knees.

"This is what you've been doing? Attempting to make your great escape? I expected you to at least get near the door D.O" He sneered and D.O's lips twitched in a snarl as he pushed himself towards Kai.

"What would you know about me?!" He exclaimed, tackling Kai who wrapped his arms around D.O. He clicked his fingers and the world spun into darkness until Kai was being forced into black and red tiles and his bones ached for mercy. D.O let out a sound that could only be described as a roar. Heads flicked back and panic ensued. Suho shot forward, sprinting over to them and wrestling D.O away from Kai. They rolled around on the ground, kicking and punching the other person. Suho swung, his fist missing D.O's face and soaring through the air as D.O ducked, headbutting him and forcing his teeth to break through his lip. Suho groaned and water enveloped them. It swarmed around them like bees to a hive and the same stunned look appeared on D.O's face again as he choked and the water pushed him off of Suho. 

Lay dropped down next to Kai, taking his arm and using it to pull him into a seated position. Kai winced, his eyes squinting shut and his head lulling to the side uncontrollably. Lay put a hand on Kai's back, stopping him from falling back into the tiled flooring as they stared on in dismay as D.O struggled through the gusts of water that clung to him.

"Suho!" Xiumin yelled, his foot warningly shoved Suho and the other male unwillingly relenting. The water dropped to the ground with D.O collapsing with it. His eyes fluttered shut and his body went still, remaining unmoving on the ground. Lee hit her fists against the wooden doors, her face pinching angrily and her foot coming up to remorselessly kick the door.

"New Alice what are you doing?" Luhan pulled her away from the door, his hands gripping onto her shoulders and forcing her to take several steps back as he pulled her out of reach from the doors.

"Chanyeol is still in there!" Lee crowed, trying to push forward again but Luhan wouldn't let her go.

"She's right" Lay looked at Kai who was squinting at D.O's limp body that was just out of his reach.

"I don't think he should go back in there" He looked away and Lee looked back in dismay. It went quiet, the only enemy that remained lay on the floor, unable to move if they were still breathing, an order of retreat taking their comrades away from them.

"We can't just leave Chanyeol alone in there, they're only going to stay back for so long and we need to leave!" She croaked and Luhan took a hand away from her shoulder, curling his fingers and pulling his arm back. The door creaked loudly, shaking and Luhan's brow furrowed in concentration. He repeated his actions, pulling his arm back and biting down on his lip. Two more times and the doors were almost coming open. Tao ran forward, taking the door on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter