Chapter 20

Creeping In Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY; OUR PLAN.

"Kai" Said male looked up to find Lee standing over the arm of the couch where his feet were tucked under a pillow, securely keeping them warm and comfortable.

"Hmm?" He hummed, blinking at her with slow movements of his eyelids and Lee's head tilted as she looked at him.

"When it comes to going to the castle, physical combat will be a big thing right?" She inquired and Kai gave a nod of his head to show that she was correct.

"When push comes to shove so to say, yes it is" He spoke and Lee bit down on her lip worriedly as she looked away, crossing her arms over her chest in deep thought as her brows furrowed.

"Well, then I need someone to teach me stuff" She voiced and Kai continued to blink as she came back to the real world.

"Teach me some stuff about physical combat" She gave a single nod of her head and it was Kai's turn to look confused, his head being the one to tilt like an unsure puppy this time.

"You want me to teach you how to fight?" Kai questioned and Lee nodded, not looking away. But Kai didn't say anything else and she was starting to wish that maybe she had asked someone else or at least looked away. She didn't know what it was, they didn't normally stare at each other like this and she never paid any sort of attention to what Kai's eyes looked like and how he used them to stare her down. She didn't think he normally stared her down either, at least not like this. It produced some sort of weird twisty feeling inside her that Lee could only describe as being nerves. But why was she suddenly nervous about Kai looking at her? It wasn't like they hadn't ever looked each other in the eye before, it was a common respect for someone you were conversing with. Her body finally moved and Lee blinked, being able to look away as the trance was suddenly broken. She could feel her face heating up and there was the feeling of embarrassment swimming through her as Kai finally moved.

"I'll teach you a few things, but you should really be going to Xiumin if you want the best teacher you can get" He shrugged, swinging his feet off the couch. Lee nodded and Kai paused for a moment, watching the way she had to bite down on her lip as she turned away.

"I'll go and get my shoes on" She rushed out, taking her lip out of the grip her teeth had clamped down on the poor piece of flesh. Her movements were hurried as she left the living room and travelled back up the stairs for her shoes and Kai sat stock still for a moment, feeling the way his heart was suddenly thumping in a more noticeable pattern.

"Oh off" He scowled down at his own chest, pushing himself off the couch and over to the front door where his shoes were. No one told him off when he walked from one side of the house to the other side of the house with his feet in his shoes. He pulled the back door open and looked over his shoulder at the stairs, looking to see if Lee was coming down with her shoes on yet. But she wasn't there, instead, she was sat on her bed, trying to control her own body as she tied the laces for her shoes, mentally cursing herself.

What sort of a stupid reaction was that? It's not like you've never asked someone for help before. Don't be so dumb for crying out loud.

And now she had to go back down there and face him, because it would be weird and he would probably come looking for her if she didn't show up. Lee looked down at her shoes, with both her laces tied there was nothing to keep her in the room beside the loss of will to move and face Kai again. But he would question things, maybe even get upset with her if she didn't get down there and go outside with him. Hesitantly, she stood, walking to her door and putting her hand on the handle slowly. She took in a breath, cursing herself for being stupid again and pulling the door open. She walked down the hall and down the stairs, looking up and making eye contact with Kai, who was waiting for her like she predicted he would be.

"I thought you were waiting for Christmas to come" He commented, making Lee scoff at his crossed arms as he leant on the doorway.

"I thought you might wanna play in the snow" She retorted and Kai let out a snort in response.

"No thank you, now let's go" Lee nodded, following Kai outside and shutting the door behind her. She bit down on her lip in worry, holding back a wince from taking over her face, whatever happened before, she needed to get over it and listen to whatever Kai was going to tell her, this was important stuff and she couldn't muck it up for everyone. 

"Ok, where do we start?" She rubbed her hands against her legs, looking at Kai with patience as he stood in front of her with his arms crossed like before. He looked down at her, scrutinising her without hesitation.

"First thing, this is a battle, going in there and only trying to use your gift is going to be the dumbest of all the dumb things you could do" He started and Lee gave a single nod.

"Right" 

"Second thing, this is an army we're going up against, real life knights in armour with swords and big horses on their side, we need to be smart with our attack and not play the sympathy card for any animals that get involved" Lee nodded again and Kai let out a breath.

"People are going to die Lee, and we're trying to make sure it's not us" 

"I understand that" 

"Good" Kai changed his stance, adjusting his position and tugging his pants up as he crouched down.

"I hope your good at dodging things, because that's where we're starting today" 

"Ok" Lee crouched, getting ready. She took in a breath, blinking for the last time as she met eyes with Kai. He gave a nod of his head, indicating he was starting and Lee nodded back, telling him that she was prepared.

And just as quick as he was coming towards her, he was gone in a puff of black smoke.

------------

"We're making the final plan" 

"Yeah, you've said that like three times now so can we stop wasting time and actually decide what we're going to do here? Some of us want to leave this place" Sehun drawled, slouching down in his seat as he blew a raspberry with his lips. Xiumin glared, his stare piercing through Sehun with an icy touch, one that was ignored as Sehun's leg bounced under the table and Chanyeol brought out two big pieces of paper made by badly taped smaller pieces of paper put together with too much sticky tape.

"Our maps" He gestured to them once they were sitting still on the table and everyone looked at them. Their eyes blinked and the room went quiet as the maps were stared upon, no one moved a muscle until Lee looked around the table at the people surrounding it.

"So, anyone giving out the plan? Or is there some sort of group chat through the mind that I'm missing out on?" She pondered with her arms crossed, tucking her bottom lip in as she stared at them all.

"It's a boys only group chat" Chen shrugged and she scoffed at him, which Chen returned with a mocking sneer that had the two pulling faces at each other.

"So we're going to ambush them" 

"Yeah, take 'em by surprise"

"Yes, that's what we're trying to do Baekhyun" Xiumin rolled his eyes, grabbing a marker and pulling the map with the front view of the castle closer to him.

"Is this the part where we discuss what we're actually going to do instead of what we want to do?" Lee leaned on the table with her arms crossed, sliding down until her chin was resting on her arms, feeling bored out of her mind by the lack of progress they were all making.

"If you all stop cutting me off, then yes, it is the part where we discuss what we're actually going to do" Xiumin's stare was pointed when he looked down at her and Lee nodded, humming a small 'ok' and Xiumin looked back down at the paper before him, letting out a breath before casting his eyes around the room.

"We have to be careful when we're moving in, we know they're out there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter