Chapter 7.

That time the Maknae turned Invisible.
Please log in to read the full chapter

The 5 members were all stood outside their boss's office. The courage that they all had was slowly withering away. Jiyong looked at the others beside him curious of their emotions.  Daesung seemed fine on the outside, he was staring straight ahead with steeled eyes. Although Ji could tell he wasn't quite right, his fingers were tapping out an erratic beat against his thigh, a tell-tale sign that his nerves were on edge. Seunghyun-hyung had his head hung low, his gaze focused on his feet. He had been quiet ever since the news and Ji didn't know what would return the smile to his face. His hyung's thoughts were complicated and if he was sure of one thing it was that he could never understand him completely. Bae was to his right, the same sort of symptoms appearing. It was strange, to say the least, he was always able to rely on Youngbae in a pinch when he wasn't sure of his own skill and when his own determination was weakening. Now was that pinch when Bae was needed but the man was lost in his thoughts, his skin paler than normal and his breathing slightly abnormal. Jiyong's own shallow breaths and nervousness were rotting him from the inside out. Why was he so scared? He was the leader, he had been in this situation before, but this time... It was different. It was that his precious dongsaeng was stood behind him, unable to be seen. All that proved his existence was the sound of the tapping of his foot and Jiyong hated that.

 

Ji took a deep breath, desperately trying to prevent his breakfast from escaping his stomach. But as he was waved into the room, he wasn't sure that was going to be possible, the glare from his hyung rooting itself into his soul.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yang Hyun Suk was less than pleased when Jiyong had quickly texted him that there was an emergency and they required a meeting. He only grew more distraught as he waved the 4 members of Bigbang into his office, one key troublesome member missing from their company. All 4 had grim looks and YG could only assume it involved the youngest, it always did when he wasn't there. The boy could never bare  to bring the news of what he had done in the presence of his hyungs. They usually came first to pre-warn YG, let him get his rage out of his system, then Seungri would enter, ready to apologise at the burning aftermath. He dread to think what sort of scandalous news was going to fall from the leader's lips. Perhaps the maknae had finally knocked some random girl up while on a drunken night out clubbing, it wouldn't surprise him in the least. He huffed in frustration at this torturous thought, he'd have to stop the news spreading first, get in contact with the girl, stop her gossiping to the papers. Unless Seungri wanted to raise the child....but knowing the boy he knew that was unlikely. He was still living a starstruck life and wasn't yet concerned with marriage or any of that long term stuff. The freedom of being famous still clung to him.

 

YG returned to his seat, and beckoned Jiyong forward to talk but at the man's speechlessness and confusion that was so rarely lined onto his face he sent him back. This was never good. Jiyong was like his son, he'd seen the boy grow from a child to a man and he had never seen him so nervous. In this scenario perhaps Seunghyun, the trustworthy oldest. But his deep, dark eyes were blank and glazed over. Maybe his other son, the mother hen of the group. He looked into his eyes, but the pink haired man only shook his head, unable to form any coherent words capable of communicating his thoughts. YG was stunned. They were all shuffling their feet and glancing to each other like they had when they were trainees during the time they were still scared of the him. What the hell had happened to make them revert to the age that they were teens? It was almost heart-breaking to see his family reduced to this mess of a nervous wreck. That only left Daesung. The man who had been through so much over the years and yet still managed to pull through. After breaking down, he had risen up more majestic than before true to his nickname of 'Smiling Angel.' He didn't quite fit the atmosphere the others held. His gaze was steeled on YG, whereas the other 3 were only staring at their feet. He wasn't jittering from anxiousness like the other 3 either. This was rare, to have Daesung step forward and tell tales of the maknae.

 

He motioned with his hand for Daesung to come before him swiftly resting his chin on his palms. It kept his hands still if only for the safety of the items of his desk and the mirrors in the distance. YG took a deep breath. Ready for the oncoming information and tried to prepare himself to freak out as little as possible.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Daesung was uneasy just like the others. He didn't want to show it however, not after seeing his hyungs so agitated. He feared it would only make Seungri more jittery, and in this scenario they needed someone strong, he wasn't going to step up voluntarily of course, it wasn't in his nature, especially when being surrounded by people like Jiyong who seemed to bathe in some mysterious elixir that increased their confidence levels through the roof. But seeing how even this had near destroyed his staged-arrogance alon

Please log in to read the full chapter