Chapter 5.

That time the Maknae turned Invisible.
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sun was shining down harshly on Youngbae as he wondered back home, the crisp air causing him to shiver and speed up his heavy steps despite the warmth from the fiery orb. It was only noon when Jiyong had declared they should all go back to their apartments, to refresh their minds as clearly no recording was going to be fulfilled. Everyone too distracted by the current problem, and Youngbae for one was ready to make his way home and pass out in his comfy bed. Ready to finish the day and get back to a normal lifestyle the next. He woke up this morning thinking it would be an average day for them, for the group to get into the studio, work a few songs for when it was finally time to tour, perhaps eat lunch, go back to producing for the juniors, eat dinner with Hyorin then retreat to his bed, where he would dream about God knows what, and repeat the cycle once again. Not once in his glorious plan did he even imagine that his wonderful ideal would be ruined by the appearance...or disappearance of BIGBANG's maknae. Which was troublesome...to say the least. Seungri may not have ever been the best behaved, his stories of mischief were constantly revealed on shows, and so many scandals had to be covered up, but this! This was a tad different to anything they had ever had to deal with before. It wasn't in his knowledge of his 27 years in how to sort out magical curses or whatever had caused the maknae to become invisible especially considering over half of them had been spent training to be one of the best musical stars of their time.

 

Youngbae placed his steel key into the door to his apartment and entered. Swiftly travelling to the direction of his kitchen to make himself a rather strong coffee.  After turning on the kettle he settled himself onto one of the bright red bar stools that stood aside his breakfast bar. Seunghyun-hyung had insisted he should buy new ones but the cracked leather had a sort of appealing charm to him, as if they had belonged in an old American diner. He had to almost fight with his hyung to try and keep the things from being thrown into the trash, Seunghyun had backed off after he had threatened to draw on one of his precious paintings the next time he was invited to his house. Youngbae pulled out his phone to text Hyorin that he would have to cancel their plans for that night, saying he had a sudden meeting with the boss. He wasn't one to lie, but in a case where he wanted nothing else but be left with his thoughts he figured it was best. His thumb pulled open a web page and before realising what he was doing he was already typing 'real life curses' into the search bar. Youngbae sighed at the sites that appeared. Nothing reliable in the slightest. 'Invisibility curses' Perhaps he just needed to be specific.

 

It was getting close to 6pm when his phone buzzed in his hand. He jumped, surprised, deep in concentration searching around mysticism. The entire evening he had been browsing various sites, blogs about supernaturalism, forums questioning black magic, websites describing the extent of gypsy curses and the random nonsense that insane people had supposedly seen. Nothing seemed to trigger any answers to what had occured to Seungri. There was nothing related, no actual facts or proof that seemed reliable. There was obviously the stories of madmen and aliens, but nothing solid that he could investigate further. He dragged his eyes over to the text, it was Jiyong.

 

Ya Bae, Are you free right now? I thought we could go get dinner and talk about the maknae, I'm betting you're just as confused as I am and I think I could do with a few drinks.

 

It didn't take for Youngbae's flying fingers to give a hurried reply.

 

Honestly I'm not sure I can be bothered to even leave the house. But why not? You're inviting the others I'm guessing?

 

He set the phone down on the bar and stood up. His ached from being sat down on the stool all that time. He paced around the room for a few minutes, trying to regain the feeling in his cheeks. A loud vibrating sound came from the table and he returned to another text.

 

I actually wasn't. Well, I did text Daesung to ask him to explain a few things to us but apparently after him and hyung took Seungri back, hyung got drunk as soon as he was home and Daesung-ah said he didn't really wanna leave him in that state. Hyung seems to have gone slightly mad. So I figured it probably wouldn't be best for him to come with us. Also according to Daesung, Seungri said he just wanted to be alone with his thoughts right now. Daesung told him to go sleep as they dropped him off. With that said I'll come pick you up in 10.

 

Youngbae released the deep breath he was keeping in with a large sigh. Maybe tonight he'd get drunk, it would be damn worth it after all the chaos. Youngbae leaned back against the counter and groaned. They would take a while to get drunk, and him and Jiyong would definitely talk about the maknae first, he hadn't even learnt anything in the last 6 hours that would even be remotely useful to tell Jiyong.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The bar was musty and old. The room stank of beer, smoke and something else unpleasant that their noses tried to ignore. Perhaps not his preferred sort of place but it was secretive enough that they could sit in one

Please log in to read the full chapter