/6\

Dead to me | vkook

The next day a young boy who works at the cemetery, to clean up leaves or anything that would make the place dirty, got a call from his boss. 

" Yah blondie! time to clean the litter." His boss yells in the boy's ear almost making him almost deaf. The boy forgives his boss, because he is an old man with hearing problems so of course he yells a lot. The old man is nice sometimes and often buys him sweets. 

" Yes Mr. Yoo!!" The boy yells back to make sure the old man hears him. 

" Yeah okay then!!!" 

The boy ends the call and lazily stands up from the teal couch he was sitting at to walk straight to the bathroom. He brushes his teeth for the second time today because he just ate pizza with garlic on it. He combs his blonde fringe just so it doesn't look too messy and searches his room for some comfortable clothes to work with outside. It is 8:15 pm at night and he needs to hurry and clean most of it before it get's too dark. 

He puts in some tight skinny jeans along with a white oversized shirt, a simple baby blue hat that matches his jeans and some black converse. He goes outside to fetch his bike which was locked with a chain on a tree, a lot of people don't like it there and he was given a ticket but the boy merely gave no s about it and continued placing his bike there. 

He rides on the street letting the warm air caress his skin and lift up his hair. It always feels so nice and peaceful to ride a bike down the streets. He finally reaches the cemetery and unlocks the gates with a key he was given by his boss, the boy enters and frowns immediately looking at all of the litter scattered around. 

" Doesn't no body ing respect the dead?!" The boy complains to himself on his teeth before beginning his job when he grabbed a broom nearby the gate. 

An hour and a few minutes have passed since the boy started cleaning and he finally finishes. He dust his hands on his pants before putting away the broom when he suddenly hears something. 

He stops in his tracks, the sound of grass shuffling stops as well and he takes time to hear more closely. He hears the cars riding by, the wind blowing, and people talking which is nothing out of the ordinary but...What is that sound? 

Thumb. Thumb. Thumb. 

He turns around at the direction it is coming from and sees absolutely nothing. The thumping continues however and the boy looks further but still nothing up ahead. 

" Maybe it's just somebody playing the drums." The boy tells himself to put himself at ease even though he knows that no drum can make that odd sound, and it even did not sound like an attempted melody it just kept thumping one by one in a slow pace. 

The boy looks down at his phone to check the time. 9:36 pm. 

He hears the thumping sound again this time a bit louder and the could not help but to just follow it. " What the ?!" The boy mutters to himself when he notices the sound is coming from underground. He crouches down and pin points what exact grave it is coming from. He waits for a few minutes deciding what to do to make the sound stop before heading inside the building where they keep the tools, and coming out with a shovel. 

" Time to dig." 

It has been a few hours since the boy started to dig and the time ticks 11: 53 pm. It is night and dark, and he is very hungry. He hates the fact that curiosity drives him this far and he hopes that it doesn't end in vein. He hits something hard with the shovel and throws it away assuming it's the coffin and he starts to dig and clean the rubles off with his hands. 

He hears the thumping sound again after a good 53 minutes earlier when it stopped and it seems to be coming from the grave. The boy gasp and moves back with a horrified expression. ' There's something in there and it's moving!!' 

He approaches it and places his hand on it. The thumping continues and he can feel it vibrates throughout the coffin. No hesitation he opens the coffin and....