Can you stop the ride?

Life before Got7

I don't think I actually slept last night. I was tossing and turning most of the time. JB was snoring softly.  When I looked up at Jr, he was staring up at the ceiling.

 

"Did you get any sleep?" I asked him. He shook his head.

 

"Me neither." I exhaled. "What are we going to do?"

 

"I'm going to ask the Hyungs to let us tell our fathers when they get back next weekend. I think it would be better for us ...if they heard it from us. Don't you agree?"

 

"That's for sure." I agreed." But what about JB? Do you think he could kept his trap shut for seven whole days?"

 

"He'd better." That was a threat.

 

I got up and went to the can. Wooyoung jumped as I bumped into him.

 

"Sorry, hyung." I bowed to him.

 

"Jeung Wang Jackson, what are you doing here?" he was taken back by my presence in his apartment.

 

"The Hyungs let us crash here last night." I said truthfully.

 

"Us?" he eyebrow rose up.

 

"Park Jin-young Jr, JB and I. Excuse me but nature calls." I stepped into the bathroom and closed the door.  Great!  Mr. Goody-two-shoes knows we're here! He was the group’s informer. If JYP wanted some info on the group, he would call out Wooyoung.  He couldn't hold his tongue when asked, he would blab out all their secrets and wrong-doings.

 

I could smell coffee brewing. When I got back to the room, Jr was up making the bed. "What time is it?" I asked.

 

"A little past 10:00am," he answered. "Have you text your mom yet?"

 

"Not yet, I'm good until around 11:00am. My mother understands that I could probably sleep-in over at JB's house." I yawned loudly laying back down.

 

"How about you?"

 

"Not yet. I think I'll phone over. Leave no trail." I got his point. He headed for the door.

 

"Heads up, Wooyoung Hyung out there." I told him.

 

"Great, the rat."

 

I was shocked to hear that from him of all people. He has always been very respectful to his Hyungs. 

 

I heard him greet Wooyoung pleasantly enough.

 

That was all we needed, in this age of digital devices, was for Wooyoung to text JYP about us here. We needed to talk to the Hyungs together to keep this quiet until next Saturday.

 

A couple of minutes later I heard talking out in the living room. I folded up my quilts and put them neatly away then went out to join the conversation.

 

“Great place you're got here. Killer view, too." Jr said as he looked out the window. It was true. They were over-looking the Han River.

 

"So, how did you guys end up here?" he was curious as he headed in to the kitchen area.  He poured himself some coffee. "Care for some?" he held the pot up.

 

"No, thanks." We both responded.

 

"We just happened to run into them in the Entertainment district." Jr said. "We missed the last bus and we were waiting for a taxi when they saw us." Mostly the truth.

 

"Cool...but why crash here?" he asked grabbing a bowl to have some cereal.  He held up the box to offer us some.  I figured we better accept his kind offer before he gets the wrong idea. I quickly try and change the topic.

 

"So, how was Japan? I heard the weather was worse than here. I bet traveling in it ." I showed my enthusiasm for his last trip between mouthfuls of cereal.

 

It worked. He starting babbling all about their tour. He must have talk for over forty minutes. Chansung wandered into the living room, yawning. "Morning boys. Sleep okay?"

 

"Fine, thanks for letting us stay." Jr answered. "When you have a minute, could I talk to you privately?"

 

I would try and keep Mr. Informant occupied. As Jr and Chansung walked in to Chansung's room, Wooyoung raised his eyebrow. "What's that about?"

 

I just shrugged. I played it down the best I could. "No idea. So... how many Hotties do you have on your phone? Any of them want to mentor a cute dongseung?"

 

He chuckled, "Wouldn't you like to know!" He punched me lightly on the shoulder. "How's your dad doing?"

 

"He's doing well, just left for the states..." I answered. I led the small talk for a couple of more minutes. I thanked him for the cereal and asked if he was done. He nodded and grabbed his bowl and headed to the sink. I washed them and placed them in the drying rack .I headed back to the room I was sharing with my friends, I needed to check on JB.

 

He was still snoring away. I shook him. "Hey man, you'd better wake up." I grabbed his cover and yanked it off him. He moaned and rolled away from me. "Seriously, JB.  Wake up. We don't wanna over stay our welcome.  Jr is already pissed at you. We got to head out soon."

 

JB slowly sat up. "Good morning to you, too." He sounded pretty rough.

 

"Jr's trying to work a deal with Chansung... How are you feelin'?" I inquired.

 

"I'm in no big hurry to do that, again." He grabbed his head, “Feels like my head has been split in two."  

 

"I'd get moving before Jr gets back or that could possibly happen." I held out my hand to help him up. 

 

He grabbed a hold of it and I yanked him up.  He stumble forward but got his bearings and steadied himself. "Can you stop the ride? I want to get off." 

 

"Sit back down before you fall. I'll grab you some water." I returned a minute later to find JB on his knees with Jr looming over him.

 

"Here." I handed JB the water and a couple of Tylenol. He thankfully downed them.

 

"So?...How'd it go?" I asked Jr.

 

"He said he'd talked to Junho and get back to us later. I guess he wanted us to sweat it out a bit longer.” was his response.

 

 I was about to help JB up when Jr put his hand on my arm. "Let him get use to that position." There was a definite edge to his voice. I looked down at JB. He was too embarrassed to raise his head.

 

"I'm sure we'll all get our fair share once we inform out families ...so let's lay off for now," I brushed Jr's hand off my arm and extended a helping hand to JB.

 

I called home to check in. My step-mother had no immediate plans and told me to be home before dinner. Wow! That was easy! Jr was told to be home around three, his mom had plans that required his attendance. Luckily, JB's dad was working until 6:00pm so he could go home and crash without anyone noticing.

 

We made sure the room was back to its original state. 

 

"Hyung, do you guys want to grab a bite to eat with us as payment for letting us crash here?" I asked Chansung.

 

"That's very thoughtful of you..." you could hear the humor in his voice, "but we'll have to take a rain check on that. Got to be at the studio in an hour."

 

As we were about to head out, Chansung told Jr he would give him a call later.

 

The cab ride home was pretty quiet. Jr told JB to keep his mouth shut for now about last night, until we hear from Chansung. He agreed.