Some sort of sanctions

Life before Got7

 

 

As my alarm clock rang, I could barely move, every muscle in my whole body ached. I forced myself to roll out of my bed and slowly headed into my bathroom. A hot shower was what I needed. I felt slightly better as the heat from water massaged my sore battered body.

 

I made my way down to the kitchen in hopes of grabbing something to eat. Mrs. Song, our head housekeeper was there, preparing something.

 

"Good afternoon, young master. Your father is waiting for you in his study," she stated as she turned to the refrigerator.

 

Of course he was.

 

"Thank you, Ahjumma...  Do you have anything to offer me as my last meal on this earth?" I asked as I flopped myself down dramatically on one of the Island stools.

 

"I'm sure you'll survive.... I can warm up some ox tail soup and some kimchi stew, if you want?" she asked me as she patted my arm.

 

"What would I do, if you weren't here?...Seriously!" I gently grabbed her hands and gave them a thankful squeeze.

 

She smiled warmly at me and turned to her task.

 

 

........

 

With a full stomach, I was as ready as I could be to face my father. I stood outside his study for a minute, looking in through the half-opened door. He was sitting at his desk, typing away on his laptop.  His face and body language were neutral.

 

Better get on with it... I tapped on the door with my knuckle.

 

 "Enter."

 

 I went straight over and bowed.

"You wanted to see me, Ahbojee."  My eyes casted down on his desk.

 

"Did you get enough sleep? You must be quite exhausted from last night's activities." He inquired as he got up from his chair and walked around towards me.

 

"I'm okay. Just a little stiff ..." I replied as I rubbed my left wrist.

 

"That's good to hear... I have asked Mr. Lim to give you a few jobs today since there is no point going to school this late in the day... No doubt he has enough things for you to do for the next couple of weekends too...I trust you'll do as you're asked?" He gave my shoulder a firm squeeze.

 

"I'll do what I can." I answered truthfully.

 

His eyebrow rose, but said nothing as he text something on his phone. "You should wear your hikers and warm clothes that can get dirty....He'll meet you at the tennis court. You may go now."

 

I bowed my head to him and left his office...So I was sentenced to physical labour, I figured there would be some sort of sanctions I would be forced to endure. This would be the first of many, knowing my father.

 

 

 

"So I see you are once again paying for your actions in a constructive way....there's the broom. You can start by swept out the tennis court...Bags for the leaves are there...After that, you can spray it down...then brush it again... I'll check back with you in a little while." Mr. Lim handed me a pair of work gloves and then turned and walked away.

 

I put on my earbuds and cranked up my tunes as I started.  My body was ready sore so I knew it was only going to get worse. Listening to music would help me on this mindless task.

 

An hour and half in, I managed to finish sweeping and bagged all the leaf litter. My hands were sore even though I was using gloves. My injured wrist was throbbing. I sprayed the whole court down then pick up the broom again.  I knew better then to shurk my task. JYP wasn't the only man who had his property wired-up.  I'm sure my dad has viewed the live cam a couple of times ready.  It gives a whole new meaning to I'll be keeping a close eye on you.

 

 Forty minutes later, I finished sweeping. Good thing too, it was starting to get dark. I gathered up the tools I was using and placed them in the little motorized cart and wagon which Mr. Lim uses when doing his work around my father's estate.

 

 Yes, I admit I have had a lot of practice driving this cart over the last couple of years. Most of my transgression would land me outside doing some form of physical labour. My father and Mr. Lim joked quite often about who puts the most mileage on that little machine.. 

 

As I started loading the bags of leaves into the wagon, I startled slightly as my father spoke behind me.

 

"Looks like you did a thorough job, Jackson." My dad chuckled at my reaction. "I'm glad to see you know to take your jobs seriously."

 

Of course, I did. I knew if it wasn't done to a high standard, I would be doing it again. Even if it took me all night by flashlight, it had to be done right.

 

"Your mother asked me to tell you dinner will be ready in less than ten minutes."

 

"I've just got to return this to the service shed and then I'll be in." I quickened my pace and finished loading the bags in. I climbed into to cart and started the engine. I waved to my father as I drive off.

 

I off loaded the yard waste from the wagon. I then, reversed the wagon into its spot. I jumped out and quickly unhooked it from the cart.  I proceed to park the cart in the shed and plugged it in for re-charging.

 

I jogged back up to the house and went in through the back entrance just off the kitchen. In the old days, it was called the mud room. I didn't have time to go up and change so I just stripped out of what I could, to make myself presentable for dinner. I hastily looked in the mirror as I scrubbed my hands in the sink, tried my best to remove the dirt from under my nails. My hair was messy. With my wet hands, I ran my fingers through it, hoping to make it a little neater.

 

I re-tucked in my t-shirt and headed for the dining room.