Someone needs some saving

Broken Wings

-Jae Eun POV-

That jerk. Who does he think he is.

He has no right to ask me to play. I refuse to let myself become vulnerable again.

He had better not show his face in front of me again.

As I walked back to the accounting department, I hoped that my boss did not tell everyone who came to find me. I didn't want the unnecessary attention.

It was already 8.45. Work started at 9. Most people would already be here by now. When I walked through the doors everyone turned to look at me, their gazes not moving. Apparently my boss did tell everyone.

I walked up to my worried looking superior and before he could say anything “Sir, it wasn’t anything. You don’t need to worry about anything.” I quickly walked back to my desk and sat down not giving him anytime to form a reply.

I sat out my things in front of me and the computer. As I waited for it to come on I stared at my cell phone on the table. I quickly took it searching for any missed calls and messages. There weren’t any missed calls then I checked my messages. There was zero unread. But when I checked further, there was one that had been read but not by me. I could come to one conclusion. That jerk looked through my phone. How could he!

Before I could continue my thoughts, my phone started to vibrate. An unknown number was calling me. I contemplated whether I should answer it. Deciding that it could be important I silently made my way out the doors and into the corridor.

“Hello?”

“Yah Lee Jae Eun!” It was that jerk.

“What do you want? I have work to do. I don’t have time for this. Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone? Besides how did you get my number? Are you some kind of stalker?”

“Yah! Whose a stalker? Of course I used your phone to call mine.”

“You idiot, how dare you look through my phone and read my messages. Haven’t you ever heard of privacy?”

“It your own fault for losing your phone.”

“I can’t believe this. You did something wrong yet you won’t admit it.” I was hoping to hear some kind of apology but instead there was silence. “If you nothing to say I’m hanging up now.” And I did.

I tried to soothe the oncoming headache by massaging the sides of my head. I was starting to regret taking this internship. It seems to be bringing me all kinds of trouble. I especially didn’t like it since it was bringing me close to something I had once closed the door on.

The phone in my hand started to vibrate again. I open it in frustration. “What do you want!” I really didn’t want to talk to that jerk again and I was giving him a big hint by showing my displeasure in conversing with him.

“Jae Eun calm down. I just called to see if you were fine. Apparently you aren’t.”

“Oh Jae Jin. I’m sorry I thought you were someone else.” Jae Jin was my best friend.

“No its fine. But it must be someone irritating if that person is making you that pissed off.”

“I guess he is. Anyway why did you call?”

“Well I was kind of worried since you didn’t call me or reply my message and also I have some good news.”

“Well what is it.” At least someone else was having a good day.

“You know that two week trip/internship to France I told you about.”

“Yes?” Of course I knew. She had been hoping to get it. Mostly that was all she talked about these days that I starting to feel neglected. But it was a good thing seeing as she was a fashion design student. Such an experience would let her gain valuable knowledge and skills.

“Well I got it.”

“That’s great.” She deserved it. I was happy for her.

“So I was wondering if you wanted to go out and celebrate this and also to celebrate the start of your new job.”

“There really isn’t anything to celebrate since I’m not really doing well here. But sure. When?”

“Well since tomorrow’s Saturday I was hoping we could go somewhere and get some drinks. There is this new club that opened. I was hoping we could go there.”

“A club. Yoon Jae Jin. You go to a club. I thought you didn’t like such places.”

“Well...I have had a slight change of heart.”

“Is it a guy?”

“Kind of. Well there is this guy in the next class and he’s working in that club. He’s really cute. I’ve talked to him about once or twice and he seems really nice.”

“Jae Jin are you sure?” I was worried for her. She could be kind of gullible from time to time.

“Jae Eun please.”

I couldn’t say no to her begging. “Fine. Where is it and what time? How should I dress? I don’t want to get another scolding from you like last time because I dressed too inappropriately.” According to her I had dressed too casually and she almost forced me to go home and change.

“7.30 pm. Its called Stripes and its near Seoul station. I’ll meet you there. Wear a dress. Something y. How about that dark blue one I got you for Christmas.” I imagined the untouched dress in its box. It was a nice dress but it was a little too revealing for me. But according to Miss fashion designer, it showed off my long legs.

“You know I’ll only do this for you right.” I quickly repeated the instructions and hung up. I gave a short sigh and headed back in. Little did I know someone had overheard my conversation.

 

Saturday 7.25pm

Here I was just outside Seoul station wondering where the hell the club was. I did my best to follow the directions that Jae Jin gave me. I hoped it wasn’t too far, 3 inch heels weren’t exactly the most comfortable type of footwear.

As I turned the last corner, a displeasing sight came into view. There was a long line outside the club. Jae Jin knew I didn’t like to wait and it didn’t make it better that all I had was a thin coat and my legs were freezing. She had better have a shortcut in.

I pulled out my phone and dialled her number. “Yoon Jae Jin. Where are you? You better not expect me to wait outside here in line.”

“Jae Eun relax. I’m almost there. I told the guy that I was coming. He put our names on the list. We should get in with no problem.”

“You had better reach here soon.” With that I walked to the front of the queue and hung around there. The staff there eyed me wearily thinking that I was some suspicious person.

I usually wasn’t this grumpy. I guess the week hadn’t been good and I was hoping to spend my whole Saturday at home and preferably with a tub of ice cream in front of the TV. But since this was important to Jae Jin and I was worried about her I guess I should be nice and go with her.

 

I looked back at the crowd again. Something seemed very different. Was I imagining things or was there sudden increase in the number of people waiting in line. And there seemed to be even more coming.  Even if this was a new club, there usually were many people but not this many.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. “Hello?”

“Yah Lee Jae Eun.” It was him again. Note to self block his number.

“What do you want? I’m kind of busy right now nor am I in the mood to talk.”

“You don’t look busy. Its more like your standing around.”

“What? Wait how did you know? Are you stalking me?”

“Yah! I’m not a stalker ok. Look up.”

“What?”

“Just do it.” I did as I was told and there I saw DBSK’s leader waving at me from the second floor of the club. That would explain the crowd.

“Why don’t you come in? Aren’t you cold? You know I could get you in.”

“I’m waiting for someone. Please don’t even try to get me in. Your fans that are apparently here would kill me if you did. So for my sake don’t even come near me when I go in. I’m not really in a clubbing mood. I’m just here for my friend.”

“Why shouldn’t I? You can’t stop me. Introduce your friend. I would like to meet her.”

“For your information, she has someone she likes working here.”

“So?”

“That means...”

“Jae Eun!” I saw Jae Jin running up to me. She definitely caught the eyes of many people around her. She had my jacket ed so you could the crimson red plunging neckline dress she wore underneath. She was definitely dressed to impress. “Sorry I’m late.”

“Its fine. Just give me a second. I have to end this call.” I put the phone to my ear and quickly said “Remember don’t approach me.” I hung up before I could hear any retaliation.

“Who was that?”

“Its no one. Let’s go in. I’m getting cold.”

-Yunho POV-

“Yah! Lee Jae Eun.” Aish. I can’t believe she hung up on me. Again.

I saw her outside the club talking to her friend. Her friend was definitely attractive. Her short hair suited her and her dress was definitely eye catching. Most of the guys around were staring at her.

I don’t really know what possessed me to come here tonight. Yesterday I just overheard her conversation. The whole day I couldn’t stop thinking about the place and time. So I dragged Jaejoong and Yoochun with me. Changmin just refused and Junsu was too busy playing his games. So after getting permission from manager hyung and pulling some strings to get a VIP space, we were here at 7.

For that whole half hour, I stared out the window unconsciously looking for her. Then at exactly 7.30 I saw a girl walk down the street. I probably wouldn’t have noticed it was her if she didn’t have that some irritated look she had on yesterday. She dressed so differently from when she was working. She had let down her hair and curled it and she was even wearing heels.

I couldn’t wait to see her. To get a closer look at her. When I saw her just standing at the entrance that was when I decided to call her.

I turned away from the window and I could see the both of them staring at me. “Hyung is she here?”

“Who?”

“Yunho we obviously know you’re here to see that girl. I’m guessing she is here?” commented Jaejoong. The both of them came over to where I was standing.

The three of us lay against the railing looking down on the first floor. “So where is she?” asked Jaejoong.

I scanned the floor to for her. Then I spotted her at the entrance. She had just come in. Her friend was already heading to the bar. I saw her take off her coat to and it made me catch my breath. She was in a y navy blue halter dress that only came up to her mid thigh. She looked y but at the same time elegant. It was definitely a dress that accentuated her body. I saw her walk confidently towards her friend at the bar.

“Hyung that girl in the red dress is definitely hot. Her friend in the blue dress isn’t bad either. Maybe I should go down and introduce myself.”

“Yoochun ah. You know its dangerous if we go downstairs.”

“Then Jaejoong hyung should we invite them up here?”

“Well its better than going down.”

“Maybe I can ask a staff.”

“Yah Yunho. So which one is she?”

“Then one in the navy blue dress.”

Once they both heard this, they turned to look at me in surprise. “Bwoh?” I guess it was kind of expected. From the way I described her, they wouldn’t have thought that she had this kind of style. Even I was surprised. Who knew the prim and proper Lee Jae Eun had this y side to her.

 

-Jae Eun POV-

I just sat there next to Jae Jin sipping my margarita as she talked to Min Hwan the bartender she liked. I decided to focus my attention on the people in the club instead. There were definitely a lot of people here tonight. Most were just dancing not caring about anything else and having fun. The club was divided into three sections. The first consisted of the bar and the dance floor. Then the whole second floor was some VIP area.

“Excuse me Miss? Can I buy you a drink?” I turned to my left only to see a pimply faced guy with a missing front tooth.

I tried my best to smile back at him and said “Sorry no.” Hopefully he would get a hint and leave me alone.

“How about a dance then? Seems like your friend is kind of busy. So how about it then?”

“Sorry but no.” I quickly tried to turn away from him but he quickly grabbed my arm causing me to almost drop my drink.

“Come on. Its just a dance.”

“I told you to let go.”I put my drink on the table and I used most off my strength to pull my arm out of his grip but I was too weak.

“I won’t hurt you.” As he said that I felt his hand on my back. At that very moment I felt my whole body stiffen.

“Let go.” I said through clenched teeth. Jae Jin was too distracted to actually notice my predicament. This guy was on the verge of pulling me out of my seat and his hand was moving lower down my back. Was there some reason I kept meeting jerks that couldn’t take a hint. Yup I was real “lucky” this week.

“Its such a waste for a beautiful girl like you to just sit here. Come on.”

“I don’t want to so let go you jerk.”

As soon as those words left my mouth, his face changed. “I was being nice to you. You better just come along with me before I get angry.”

“I refuse so let go.” Once again I tried to shake off his hand but to no avail.

I was about to call Jae Jin for help but...

“She told you to let her go.”

“Yah who are you to tell me what to do?” said the pimply faced guy in a loud voice. At that very moment he turned to face the person who had “interrupted” us.

He definitely got a shock because he let go of my arm.

There standing in front of us was Jung Yunho.

‘DBSK U-know Yunho!” shouted someone.

 A crowd gathered around us, trapping us within.

I saw Jae Jin finally noticing what was happening around her as she stared at me with wide eyes.

Suddenly I felt something drape over my shoulders. Apparently, Jung Yunho had put his jacket on me. He put his arm around my shoulders and wanted to direct us out of the circle that had formed around us. At that point I was somewhat disoriented but I realised something. “Wait my friend Jae Jin.”

However, he just continued to push me through the crowd. I tried to struggle out of his iron grip but that just seemed to tighten his hold. “Relax, don’t struggle. You need to go up where you will be safe. If I leave you downstairs, you might get attacked. Your friend is safe for now. If you are still worried I’ll get someone to bring her up as well.”

I processed his words and thought about it logically. Jae Jin should be fine for now and I could still her from upstairs. With those thoughts in my mind I stopped struggling and let him lead me upstairs.

As I reached the upper level I was greeted by two other DBSK members.

“I’m Kim Jae Joong. So you are Lee Jae Eun.” 

“Yes.”

“Its good to finally meet you. I’m Park Yoochun. Yunho hyung keeps talking about you. Ow.” In one swift moment, Jung Yunho had punched Park Yoochun ssi in the arm.

When I turned to look at him he quickly turned away from me and said “Don’t listen to him.”

“Its nice to meet you too. At least you have some manners compared to someone. But please excuse me.”

I quickly walked to find a spot where I could keep an eye on Jae Jin. As I leaned against the railing, I opened my phone to find a message from her.

“LEE JAE EUN! Why didn’t you tell me you knew DBSK? But anyway don’t do anything I wouldn’t do :)”

I quickly typed in my reply and sent it to her. “I don’t know them. I just met the leader by accident and that was two nights ago. Yesterday he called me out and totally pissed me off and asked me to do the impossible. You should be looking after yourself and you know that you shouldn’t drink too much. If you want you can come upstairs.”

I looked at her downstairs smiling to Min Hwan. Looks like she had fallen and fallen hard. But when she first introduced him to me, he was definitely good looking and nice but there was something about him that seemed slightly suspicious.

I saw her open her phone to read my message and she quickly typed in a reply.

“Maybe later. And I know how to hold my liquor :P”

I just stood there keeping watch over her. I guess you could call me overprotective but I just didn’t want to see her hurt. She was there when I needed her the most and I guess I felt it was my duty to pay her back and watch over her.

“Yah! Lee Jae Eun.” Oh great. “What are you doing over there? You are with three of Korea’s hottest guys and its still not enough. Is there some guy there who is even better looking then us?”

I just turned my head to glare at him. “So what if there is there. It is none of your business. And didn’t I tell you before. Don’t approach me. I hope your fans don’t come after me if not my peaceful life is gone.”

“Yah I went to save you. Is that how you talk to your saviour?”

“I didn’t ask you to save me.” Actually I was kind of thankful he stepped in but I wasn’t telling him that. My pride wouldn’t allow it.

“The guy was touching you and your face was practically screaming for help. It’s your own fault for wearing such a revealing dress. If I didn’t step in you would have gotten and no one would know. “

“But you and your friend look beautiful.” Cut in Yoochun.

“Park Yoochun ssi thank you. And Jung Yunho ssi I had everything under control. I didn’t choose this dress. I was forced by my friend.”

“It didn’t seem that way.”

“Fine you think whatever you want.”I quickly turned away from them. But then I didn’t know what came over me and I suddenly said “Komawo” and continued to focus on Jae Jin. I knew that they definitely heard me and was I thankful that they said nothing else.  I was slightly embarrassed as it was a phrase I wasn’t really used to saying. Being by myself I learnt that I couldn’t really depend on anyone else. I had to learn to be independent and fend for myself.

I don’t know how long it had been before anyone said anything but somehow it felt like it had been hours.

The silence was too stifling and I think Yoochun ssi couldn’t stand it anymore. So I heard his voice behind me say  “So you play the violin.”

“Not anymore and I would appreciate it if you didn’t stay on that topic.”

He tried to keep the conversation going. “Ok then. So you live with your family?”

“No. My parents are in England. I’m living in our house by myself.”

“Don’t you get lonely?” asked Jae Joong ssi.

“Not really. I’ve gotten used to it.”

Suddenly a loud voice said “Yah then who is Haemin.”

I turned around to look at him. How did he know about Haemin. “Jung Yunho are you sure you aren’t a stalker?”

“Yah why do you keep saying I’m a stalker.”

“Because you seem to know things that I haven’t even told you.”

“That doesn’t make me a stalker.”

“Then why are you here?”

“Why can’t I be here?”

“Isn’t it too much of a coincidence that you are here at the same time as me?”

“Coincidences do happen.”

I just gave a huge sigh and turned my attention back to my friend. But she wasn’t there. I did my best to scan the area for her. Fortunately she wasn’t far from her previous spot. Unfortunately she was being carried by Min Hwan to the staff back door.

I forgot everything I was doing and quickly rushed back down. I could hear the shout from behind me telling me to stop but the there was a sinking feeling in my stomach that made me go even faster.

Luckily I’d managed to stop him from bringing her any further. So I stood there in front of him and stared at him. “Where are you going with my friend?”

“Oh you’re here. Well your friend passed out and I thought I should move her to the back.”

“What kind of reasoning is that? Jae Jin can’t drink but she doesn’t pass out that fast. What did you give her?”

“Nothing it was just normal vodka.” Crap she should know she can’t take strong alcohol.

Then a voice from behind me said “Just vodka? Did you even mix it?” I turned around to see the three DBSK members behind me.

“No it was just vodka on the rocks.”

I still couldn’t trust this guy. I quickly went over to the bar and grabbed the glass next to my untouched margarita and dipped my finger in and I tasted it. I went back to where they were. I continued to stare at him. “You spiked her drink didn’t you? You added something else. Give her to me now.” I shouted.

He handed her over to me and I did my best to hold on to her while juggling my purse and the glass in my hand.

“I’ll hold on to her.” Offered Yoochun ssi.

I said “Thank you” as I handed her over and he carried her bridal style.

“You are one crazy .” Shouted the bartender angrily showing me the third finger and he turned around to leave. But then I spotted something sticking out of his pocket and I instinctively went to grab it. It was a clear plastic bag filled with white pills.

“Is this rohypnol?” I saw his body stiffen and he turned around. He spotted the item in my hand and grabbed my arm.

“Give it back to me.”

“No and let go. You’re hurting me.”

Before I could even speak, Jung Yunho had twisted his arm so that it was behind him back and he was kneeling on the ground in pain. Somehow Jae Joong ssi had manoeuvred himself so that he was in front of me.

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?” All of us turned around to face where the voice had come from. There standing behind us was a man in a black suit. Looks like he was the manager.

“I know that you are DBSK but what are you doing in my club and to my employee.”

I quickly stepped up to face him. “Sir I’m sorry for the disturbance but your employee spiked my friends drink with this. He was trying to get it back from him and he grabbed my arm. Yunho ssi helped me by getting him off.”

He stepped closer to me and analysed the item I had stretched out. Soon a frown appeared on his face. “Miss I’m sorry for this but I hope you won’t sue me for this. I’m willing to pay for whatever damages your friend suffers and I’ll fire this fellow straight away.”

I thought about it for a moment. “It fine. Just make sure you fire this fellow. Also one more thing. Since this is your club and the security seems tight, I hope nothing about this incident leaks out to the press. It wouldn’t be good for their reputation.” I said as I pointed to the three of them.

“Certainly.”

“Thank you.”

“Yoochun ssi. You can give her to me. I’ll be leaving now.”

“Miss if your leaving now, allow me to get you a cab and you can leave through the back door.”

“Thank you.”

“Jae Eun ssi, let me help you get her on the cab for you. So in the mean time I can still hold on to her.” Replied Yoochun ssi.

“Why don’t we send you home instead?”asked Jae Joong ssi.

“No its fine. Thank you for all you’ve done and its nice meeting you but this is probably going to be our last meeting. I don’t want to get in trouble with your fans.”

“Oh I forgot about them. But we can still meet in the SM building.” Said Jae Joong ssi.

“We’ll see. If we do I guess its fate. But don’t come and find me on purpose.”

“Miss the cab is waiting outside.”

I turned and bowed at the manager and walked in the direction he pointed. Outside the cab door was open waiting for us to get in. Firstly Yoochun ssi slipped Jae Jin in and I got in after her. I thanked Yoochun ssi and was ready to close the door but was stopped by someone who shouted my name. “YAH LEE JAE EUN! Why are you so rude to me when you speak politely to the two of them. Also if I tell you to come, you better come.”

“Isn’t it obvious. Since you are rude to me I won’t be polite to you. Also who the heck are you to tell me where to go. You better leave me alone Jung Yunho!” With that I slammed the cab door and told the cab driver my address and told him to leave quickly.