Chapter 1

Capture Love in a Snapshot
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo’s POV

On the first day of high school, I noticed girls shooting me mesmerized looks. I tried to ignore it but really, it was bothering me. I slightly cringed my eyebrows and made my way towards my class.

“All freshman students, gather in the parade square right now and get ready for the first round of games and activities!” a loud voice boomed from the public announcement speakers. I put down my haversack and headed to the parade square quietly.

“Come on, you lost so you have to be the one to start talking to him!” “Go, go!”

I heard a commotion behind me and turned back. “Hi”, a girl said and began walking towards me with a shy smile. “I’m Cho Miyeon.”

“Ok…” I stuttered. “I’m Kim Myungsoo.” What an abrupt conversation. I then remained quiet.

The awkward silence lingered for a couple of seconds.

“Is there anything else you want to say? If not I think we should hurry to the parade square soon.” I blurted out honestly. My tone wasn’t rude, but unsure. Unsure of how I should continue the conversation.

“Yeah s-sure.” The girl replied and went back to her friends. “What was that? Why didn’t you say anything more?” the girl’s friends questioned. “It…it felt like he didn’t want to talk to me…”

I felt so sorry when I overheard her saying that, but I really did not know what to say to someone when we’re meeting for the first time, except for introducing myself. I bit my lip and contemplated on apologizing, but after some thought, I really didn’t do anything wrong, did I? Apologizing would also make the situation more awkward. I shook the thought away and hurried my steps towards the parade square.

The first game we played was passing a piece of paper from one end to the other using only our mouths. Why we had to play such awkward games on the first day of school was beyond my understanding. Like as if this would get us closer.

Lunch time was also a whole new experience. I sat by myself on a long table and all of a sudden the table was swarmed with girls. The first thing that went through my mind was, “Oh my, this would make me seem like such a player and Casanova.” I sighed quietly at the thought.

“Hey, why won’t you talk to anyone? Someone as cute as you shouldn’t be staying in the sidelines.” One of the girls spoke up.

“Sorry, I’m not very comfortable with crowds.” I said, my eyes fixed on the food. “I don’t talk a lot with anyone until we get close.”

“But how can you get close with anyone without talking?”

“I don’t know.”

As I continued to be quiet, the girls began to leave the table.

After bathing time, it was the last revelation tha

Please log in to read the full chapter