009

Give The Viewers What They Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

009

 

Baekhyun wakes up an hour later to the sound of his phone going off. He's taking his time in stretching his arm to reach the annoyingly noisy ringing device, and curses in his mind the person who had decided to call him and rudely wake him up.

"Ugh," He hears someone from his side murmurs in a raspy voice. It takes him a couple of seconds to remember Chanyeol came over last night. "Turn it off!"

Baekhyun sighs as he picks up his phone and looks at the screen.

 

Incoming call

Kris.

 

"Sorry, go back to sleep." Baekhyun whispers as he gets out of bed and heads to the bathroom so he won't completely wake Chanyeol while he talks to Kris.

 

"Hello?" He closes the bathroom door behind him and sits on the toilet.

"Hey, did I wake you up?"

Baekhyun can't help but roll his eyes. "Kris, it's three in the morning. Why are you calling me at this hour?" he asks tiredly, rubbing his eyes with his free hand.  "No, why are you even awake at this hour?"

"I just really miss you."

"You just saw me less than 4 hours ago, Kris."

"I know. I haven't seen you in four hours and I still miss you so much."

Baekhyun halts. He considers getting mad and talking sense into the boy on the other side of the line but quickly decides against it.

He shouldn't be mad at Kris. He only called him because he missed him so much. That's cute. Kris is cute. He reminds himself that for a few moments and then chuckles.

"Go back to sleep. Sorry for waking you up."

"Nah, It's okay. I'm going back to sleep now, then. I'll call you later." Baekhyun stands up and moves towards the door. "We'll talk in the morning."

"Good night."

"Good night." And he hangs up.

He opens the bathroom's door and tries to find the way to his bed with his eyes closed. He throws himself at it as soon as he feels his knee touching the bed frame, only that he reached the side of bed that Chanyeol was sleeping on tonight.

Not feeling like getting up and going to the other side, he tries to squint himself in the little space between Chanyeol and the edge of the bed.

"Make me some space."

"Hmm." Chanyeol hums back but instead of moving to the inner, empty side of the bed, he moves towards Baekhyun, pushing the smaller boy much closer to the edge and causing him to scream in panic.

"WHAT?" Chanyeol's eyes pop open and he looks over to his friend who is half an inch from dropping to the floor.

Baekhyun extends his arms for Chanyeol to grab. "Help me get up!"

It takes Chanyeol a second to realize what's happening and what Baekhyun is asking from him before he leans in, grabbing Baekhyun's arms and steadying him back on the bed. Only that in the process, Baekhyun had wrapped his arms around his friend's neck to keep himself from falling and now the two of them find themselves in an awkward hug.

"That was close." says Chanyeol.

Baekhyun can feel his heart beating so fast he's sure Chanyeol can feel it against his chest. "… y-yeah, it was."

"Thanks," Baekhyun says into Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Anytime." Chanyeol pats his back before breaking the hug.

Baekhyun leans back and Chanyeol moves to the other side of the bed.

"Who called you at such hour, anyway?"

"Kris."

"… Oh."

There's an awkward silence that Baekhyun's starting to really hate, because things were never awkward between him and his best friend. And he likes it that way.

He can't think of anything else to say so he just settles with a simple good night, Yeol and lets sleep take over him for the second time that night.

He doesn't miss the lack of Chanyeol's 'good night' back, though.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello guys! It's me, chanlakuma, again." Chanyeol says while giving a toothy smile  at the camera lens positioned in front of him. "I hope you're having a beautiful Sunday. I know I am ."

Awkward silence.

Chanyeol was, is and will probably always be so bad at opening videos and explaining what he's going to do in his videos.

He chuckles shyly at his own poor attempt to be a pro youtuber.

"Today I'm going to try doing something I've never tried before and it's filming a video without getting ready for it. And I can already tell it's going to be a disaster and this video is going to be all over the place but just- bear with me."

He starts rumbling for good 20 minutes about some random things like school and how his gaming got better since he started playing more frequently (and how it has to do a lot with a certain small guy who made him play with him almost every day for the past few months).

Just as he thinks he has finished filming, he goes over to his camera only to realize the camera wasn't recording all along.

Well, .

"NOOOOOO!"

After a few minutes of staring at nothing in particular and wondering why he was so stupid, he decides to just ask his followers on Instagram what should he film.

He takes a picture of his camera and lightning and posts it to his Instagram.

 

Real_pcy: I just talked to the camera for 20 minutes only to realize I never started recording!!!!! I'm clueless, guys. Tell me what you want to see for my next video.

 

While he waits for his followers to comment, he goes down and prepare himself a quick dinner, which is really just cereal with milk and he also grabs a banana on his way up back to his room.

He's just about to enter his room when his sister goes out of her own room. They'd normally ignore each other and Chanyeol wasn’t going to act differently this time. However,  his sister says something so sudden that Chanyeol doesn’t really catch it.

"What?" He asks as he turns around to face her. "What are you so dressed up for?"

"Do I look good?" She seems nervous for some reason, like her life depends on Chanyeol's answer.

He is not going to compliment her, though. Even if her life really rely on his answer. He shrugs and does the meh face he loves so much.

"C'mon, please!" She stomps with her feet. "I'm going on a date and I need a guy's opinion about my looks."

"And you really want your brother to answer that?" he shoves what's left from the banana into his mouth and claps his hand to get rid of the slight stickiness it left on his palms.

"Well, I don't have any other guys I know that I could ask."

"Well..." He swallows the yellow fruit as he examines his sister.  "Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter