006

Give The Viewers What They Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"It's been a while since I vlogged." Chanyeol simply answers when Baekhyun asks him why he brought his vlog camera along with him today to school. 

He then starts recording and spins the camera around so the little lens is directed at him and he's in frame. "Hello guys! I brought you with me to school today so I won't suffer alone." He evilly laughs.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and Chanyeol who catches it chooses to ignore as he turns the camera and zooms in on the smaller. "Say hi, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun stretches his head in tiredness before he waves lifelessly.  "It's another boring morning in Bibimbap High School." Chanyeol laughs at the fake school name Baekhyun chose. "Chanyeol's still too tall and not funny, I'm handsome as usual, Sehun is still a , Jongdae is a troll, Kyungsoo's yet to come to school and Jongin is still depressed about it." He sighs with a pout. "Nothing has changed."

Chanyeol laughs from behind the camera, looking at the little Baekhyun displayed on the camera screen. "Baekhyun, they only know you, they have no idea who you're talking about."

"You don't-" he (fake) gasps, then looks at Chanyeol, pointing at the camera. "They don't know who they are?"

Baekhyun is reacting like his viewers not knowing who their friends are is the end of the world and even though Chanyeol knows the latter is acting, he still finds it very funny. He doesn't reply and just buries his laughs under a small smile.

"Let's go meet Jongin now. You'll meet Sehun and Jongdae when they're here and Kyungsoo when we think you're ready."

"Or when we see Kyungsoo at school, whichever happens first." Chanyeol adds, and then Baekhyun is pulling him by his free wrist, the one that doesn't hold the camera, to Jongin's desk.

Baekhyun knocks on Jongin's table to let the boy know that he has guests. The younger lifts his head from the desk, looks questionably at Baekhyun, Chanyeol and the camera before taking out the earphones from his ears. "What are you doing?"

"Introduce yourself, Nini." Baekhyun sing-songs and points at the camera, then sits down on Jongin's desk.

"I'm doing a vlog for my next video." Chanyeol explains when Jongin's confused look doesn't vanish. "A Day in My Life type of video."

Jongin rubs quiet harshly at his right eye and waves with his free hand at the camera. Chanyeol just can't help but think of how his tan friend reminds him of a cute bear. "I'm Chanyeol's best friend, Jongin."

"You wish." Baekhyun mumbles at Jongin's choice of words.

Both Chanyeol and Jongin laugh at the smaller's childishness as he pouts, though Jongin's laugh stops suddenly as another person enters the class and moves towards them.

Chanyeol catches the sudden change in Jongin's mood and he follows his eyes till he sees Kyungsoo approaching them. Momentarily forgetting Jongin he runs to his friend and gives him a hug.

"Kyungsoo! How are you?" he breaks the hug only to have Baekhyun walk towards them and pull Kyungsoo into a warm hug as well.

"We missed you." Baekhyun whines as he pulls away, suddenly a lopsided smirk on his lips as he juts his head in Jongin's direction. "Especially Jongin-"

"Shut up, Hyung." Jongin cuts him, tone annoyed and sour.  

 

It's only then that Baekhyun realizes that Jongin didn't even get up to welcome back his favorite hyung. He didn't even show one single sign of excitement.

And it's then that Baekhyun senses the quite awkward atmosphere that's been setting up since Kyungsoo walked into the class.

Baekhyun's head is moving back and forth between Kyungsoo and Jongin. He takes note of how the older is looking worriedly at Jongin but the latter doesn't spare him a glance, sight focused on his phone screen.

Suddenly, Baekhyun remembers he spotted the two of them walking together last night when he was on the bus, but if he remembers right, it didn't look like they were having a fight or anything. After a few seconds he concludes something must've happened during their walk last night and is about to try and tell a joke or something to lighten up the atmosphere, only that then-

"What's with the weird atmosphere, guys?" He hears Chanyeol asks and he quickly turns his head to glare at the giant. Chanyeol's always been so dense and slow in reading situations, ever since Baekhyun knew him when they were little kids.

'You stupid giant why are you so stupid can't you see they had a fight? Now shut up and don't make it even more awkward, stupid.'

Baekhyun shakes his head at Chanyeol, hoping he got the message he just teleported to him through his eyes.

He then looks at Kyungsoo, subtly titling his head towards the door. Kyungsoo, who's unlike Chanyeol understands unvocal-gestural questions, nods.

Without saying another word Baekhyun takes Chanyeol by his wrist and pulls him out of class.

"It hurts!" Chanyeol whines as they exit the class and Baekhyun makes sure to close the door behind them.

"You're so stupid, I swear."

Chanyeol ignores the smaller's mumbling and swirls around the wrist Baekhyun chose to abuse just now. "How can someone so small be so strong?" he asks, mostly to himself and mostly hypothetically, but Baekhyun answers anyway.

"I learned-"

"Hapkido, I have a black belt and even teached elementary school kids- blah blah blah." Chanyeol imitates in a very high pitched annoying voice.

"That doesn't even sound like me."

"I'm sorry but that was a perfect impression of your annoying voi-"

Bwak!

It takes Chanyeol a few moments to realize how much his hurts, and that the unbearable pain is caused by Baekhyun's kick.  "Ouch!" he looks at Baekhyun with a betrayed look of how-could-you-!!? and somehow he isn't even surprised to see the smirk on his friend's lips.

"What the heck was that?!" he screams, two hands clutching on his pained -cheeks.  

 

Baekhyun turns around and starts walking down the hallway, hands inside his uniform pants pockets. "Hapkido and blah blah blah."

 

-

 

He has to fix this. Kyungsoo never meant for Jongin to get hurt like that. It's funny because that was exactly the reason why he told him what he did last night.

He told Jongin not to like him because he knew he could never return those feelings, because he didn't want Jongin to get hurt. But why is it exactly what happened? What did he do wrong?

He has to fix this, whatever 'this' is.

"Jongin…" Kyungsoo starts. He walks slowly towards him, with each step he takes he feels relived that Jongin isn't telling him to stop or even run away himself. It's a start.

Fortunately, the class is empty. There are only 4 more bags which means only four more students has arrived to class by now. Two of the backpacks belong to Baekhyun and Chanyeol and the other 2 are Jongin's and another classmate's.

Kyungsoo takes off his own bag and places it on the table that's in front of Jongin's, his usual desk. He then turns around the chair so he could face Jongin and sits down.

The younger is still ignoring him, playing some loud game on his phone and Kyungsoo sighs. "Jongin."

No response.

"Jongin, look at me."

Nothing.

"Jongin-ah."

For a plit second Jongin's hand halts and he stops playing and Kyungsoo thinks that Yes, he'll finally talk to him and they'll sort it out. They will start talking again.

Only that a second later Jongin's back playing, his fingers running across the screen as he guides his player.

"Is this how you'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter