008

Give The Viewers What They Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I'm home!" Baekhyun announces as soon as he enters his house. He takes off his shoes, not bothering to put them nicely one next to the other like his mother always tells him to, and heads to the living room where his mother is sitting watching TV. "Hey mom."

 

Mr. Byun looks over to him. "Oh, you're home? How was school today?"

 

Baekhyun shrugs with a 'meh' look on his face, sitting down next to her. "Cooking show. Why am I not surprised?"

 

"Someone needs to make you and your father dinner. Don't be ungrateful."

 

Baekhyun laughs. "Right. Sorry, mom."

 

They watch the show peacefully for a while, Baekhyun occasionally catching his mother nodding in awe at the chef's words like he's not just talking about food. Baekhyun shakes his head with a smile.

 

Midway through the show, Baekhyun's mind wanders to the task he gave Chanyeol. It's already been two days since their conversation about it, but the taller still hadn't updated him about anything. He takes out his phone to send him a text when he sees one missed call from Kris from a few minutes ago.

Surprised and excited, he gets up, heads up to his room, and shuts the door behind him to calls Kris back.

 

It takes Kris three rings to pick up.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hey, it's me. Just saw you called me; I guess my phone was on silent."

 

"Ah, I see." Kris waits a little. "I just called to ask if you have any plans for tonight."

 

"Tonight?" Baekhyun repeats in question. "Actually no, why are you asking?"

 

"We were supposed to go on a date as soon as my family and I move in, remember?"

 

"Oh… right." Baekhyun smiles to himself. "But I thought you'd want to get done with the unpackaging first."

 

"Nah," Kris' smile is obvious in his voice. "I can't wait until then. I wanna see you today."

 

It makes Baekhyun's stomach swirl, but he's not sure it's in a good way. Now, just like last time in the car when Kris said he likes him, Baekhyun feels like Kris is going too fast. Like Kris is falling for him too fast.

Baekhyun can barely even say he likes him and be sure he means it. He feels a slight uneasiness about it but doesn't let it affect him too much.

Pushing this thought away, he tells Kris to come pick him at 7 tonight before they hang up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Real_pcy says: ??

Bobohu56 says: ??

Real_pcy says: can I sleep over tonight? My sister invited her friends for a girls' night here and I might get really violent if they will make too much noise

Real_pcy says: and they will

Real_pcy says: and I really don't wanna go to jail

After a few moments of not getting reply from his friend, Chanyeol sends a fourth message.

Real_pcy says: We can play LOL

Real_pcy says: Baekhyun???

Bobohu56 says: I have a date with Kris tonight. Not sure when I'll be back

Bobohu56 says: sorry yeol

 

"A date with Kris." Chanyeol says to himself with an unimpressed look on his face. Dissatisfied and grumpy about his friend's answer, he closes the Kakao Talk app.

 

"What's wrong with your face?" his sister walks into the living room and throws herself on the side of the sofa. "If you keep on doing that, your face will get stuck."

 

Chanyeol ignores her.

 

"And it makes you look very ugly."

 

No response.

 

"Well you look ugly anyway." She shrugs. "You gotta do something with yourself, seriously. Lose weight or something. Shower once in a while. How do you want Baekhyun to look at you when you look like this?"

 

"Baekhyun? What does it have to do with him?"

 

"Of course you'll wake up as soon as I mention his name."

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "Don't you need to get ready for your stupid party with your friends tonight or something?"

 

"Don't worry. Everything is ready. It's going to be perfect!" She clasps her hands together and stares at nothing in particular with dreamy shining eyes.

 

"Yeah, perfect." He says with the biggest amount of sarcasm in his tone. "Oh, and just for you information- I shower every day." He stands up and heads to his room. "And there's nothing wrong with my body!" he shouts lastly before he slams the door to his room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's 7,900 won."

 

Sehun takes the 10,000 won bill from the customer and hands her the change. "Have a good evening." He bows to the mid-aged lady who is already half out the door, and then sighs.

 

"I want this shift to end already." He whines to himself.

 

He spends the next 15 minutes playing on his phone when he hears the bell door ringing, signaling a customer's arrival.

 

"Hel- Jongin?" Sehun rises fully from his bow. "What are you doing here?"

 

Jongin avoids the question and starts to wander around the small store aimlessly. Sehun gets out from behind the cashier and goes to him. His eyes follow his friend as he picks up with his hand a chocolate bar, then turns to Sehun. "Buy me this."

 

Sehun sighs. "Fine. But only because I'm a good friend and I know you're having a bad week." He takes the chocolate bar out of Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter