The End

Forever, We Are Young

A few days later in Jungkook and Jimin's room, both of them were on opposites sides studying. The silence was comfortable and neither of them minded the lack of conversation.

Jimin was wearing a baggy hooded jacket and his post shower hair made him look all sorts of adorable. He had a funny habit of brushing his hair back with his hands whenever he was stressed or nervous and Jungkook's deadline was completely forgotten in place of what he nowadays liked to call 'Jimin Watching'. It was something that killed his grades while soothing his soul.

Oh great, he sounded like a right English Literature major with that cheesy line. If anyone else in the group heard that, he'd never live it down.

But the elder was shy so he'd never suspect that it was him Jungkook was staring at. He'd probably convince himself that it was the wall or the window next to him. This was something that came as a surprise to him at first. Park Jimin was insecure. Almost painfully so.

Although he had a lot of friends, was loved by everyone they managed to bump in to and was always friendly and helpful to anyone that needed it, he was always making offhand remarks about his body or his intellect - remarks that were in no way based on facts.

Honestly, it was painful to hear and bothered him so much that he made sure to compliment the bright haired boy everyday, if only to receive an awkwardly shy smile and a stuttering response.

Jungkook was wondering how Jimin replied to Taehyung's confession. He knew they weren't together since that much was obvious but his brother refused to say anything. Maybe he was just embarrassed but Taehyung had never hidden anything from him before.

Not knowing was painful but he knew that it wouldn't take long for the other boy to get completely drunk and spill everything.

Besides, nowadays, it was so obvious go the whole gang that he and Hoseok were running around each other in circles, heavily flirting one minute and acting normally the next. Yoongi claimed that they were secretly dating but honestly, Jungkook just wanted them to accept the truth and move on with their lives.

Frankly, their behaviour was getting on his nerves. They were adults for God's sake.

He was still curious about Jimin. He wanted to ask but had no idea how to approach the topic. After a few minutes of internal conflict, he decided to reveal the truth. Staying silent was starting to kill him. He'd been waiting for weeks now and neither of them had said a thing.

He hadn't even started treating Jungkook differently after the confession, instead life carried on as normal. It felt like the more his crush escalated the more curious he became. At this point it was like an itch that couldn't be relieved. How should he start?

Oh hey there Jimin. I was wondering if my brother - that's right, my only brother - revealed his feelings for you  and whether or not you crushed his heart or perhaps softened the blow. Did you say no because you had no feelings for him or because you're completely against dating anyone right now.

See, I don't want you to panic or anything but I really like you too, possibly more than him since I know Taehyung will get over it soon enough. Or he probably has gotten over it already, seeing his behaviour recently.

He couldn't imagine that going well at all. So he decided to take a less sarcastic and more honest approach.

"I have something to tell you, something that I should have revealed a while back but here it goes," he took a deep breath and stood in front of his orange haired crush tentatively, repeating a calming mantra in his head to encourage himself.

"I've liked you for while now and I haven't had the guts to say anything, pathetic huh? Two twins fighting over you, you probably think we're crazy. I didn't think I'd ever have these kind of feelings, especially for a man but then you came in and ruined that. Honestly, there are a lot of things I like about you hyung; you've got the most perfect smile I've ever seen in my entire life, your eyes become little crescents that make you look really innocent and childlike; your voice is really cute and even though I tease you about it sometimes, I wouldn't ever want it to change; I love the fact that you always pretend to get annoyed that I rarely call you hyung but I know you don't really mind; when you're happy your eyes sparkle and they light up the mood of everyone in the room. You have the smallest hands I've ever seen on someone our age and I know you hate them but I they're my favourite part of your body and when I hold your hand, it fits perfectly. I could probably go on but I've already made myself look creepy enough in your eyes so I'll stop," Jungkook smiled a little at Jimin's undignified gaping, managing to find humour in something, however minor.

The room became silent once again.

"I know it's probably a lot to take in all at once since I just ranted at you but if you want to reject me do it quickly, don't drag it out, or avoid me awkwardly and make sharing a room hard for the both of us," he requested worried.

Maybe he shouldn't have even opened his mouth. After ruining their friendship they'd still be forced to live together which would be a painful, daily reminder of what he couldn't have and what he'd ruined. His thoughts continued to spiral off in a tangent while he waited for the rejection that would, without a doubt, slap him on the face.

He was bought out of his negative thoughts by a light chuckle that after a few seconds, turned into uncontrollable, breathy giggles. He looked up, slightly offended and hurt that his sincerity was being made fun of.

"What's funny? I don't get it. Ar..-are you laughing at me?" He stammered out the response confused, which was pretty difficult considering the fact that his throat was starting to painfully close up and his eyes were starting to sting.

This was the slap on the face he had expected, but wasn't ready for it to hurt this much. He poured his sincerity his words, only to be laughed at.

"It sure took you long enough. I was worried I'd have to publicly serenade you for you to admit anything," Jimin laughed loudly, cheeks puffing up cutely and eyes disappearing.

Jungkook wanted to maintain a straight face until he was given a solid confirmation but he found himself joining in as soon as the other's manly chuckles turned into high pitched giggles that warmed him to the core.

"And just how would you go about serenading me," Jungkook coyly asked, confidence fully back in place. He knew now that he had been worried for no reason and that Jimin had been in the same awkward position he was when it came to their feelings.

"Oh you know; get a flash mob crew with Hobi hung at the front - he'd probably demand to choreograph the entire thing anyway, force Namjoon and Yoongi hyung to write you a song and pretend it's from me," Jimin joked, making the raven haired teenager snort and shake his head at the fact that any one of those scenes was entirely possible knowing their friends.

"And then what?" after the laughter died down, the younger leaned in so that their noses were almost touching. His breath fanning the other's face and causing him to shiver unintentionally.

"Jeon Jungkook, you tease," Jimin whispered softly before reaching out and closing the small distance between the two completely.

His hands wrapped themselves around Jungkook's neck and he leaned to brush his lips against other's full ones, eliciting a small gasp when they finally met.

This time Jungkook took the initiative and ran his fingers through Jimin's silky, carrot coloured hair while tilting his head for a longer, more passionate kiss.

The elder was eager to respond, on the raven's lower lip gently and occasionally releasing contented moans that suggested - for his first ever kiss, he wasn't doing all too bad.

Soon enough, their intimate moment was shattered by loud, non subtle whispering outside their door. They both paused, wanting to know what was going on.

"Pay up Namjoon, I told you they'd get together this week didn't I?" Jimin turned bright red upon hearing his brother's smug voice outside the door, now knowing that they were being spied on. It was bad enough that the rest of their friends where the there, it was worse knowing that your brother could hear you getting snogged and had actually bet on his relationship. He didn't know whether to feel mortified or annoyed. However, it seemed like they still thought that their unwanted presence was a secret.

"Fine, but why couldn't have they have held out for one more week; my pocket would be much happier, heavier too," Namjoon muttered grumpily, cursing their bad timing in his head.

Jin was right in guessing that he'd lose, maybe he should have listened. Oh well, it was far too late.

"Guys, why are we still here? This is kind of creepy. We know who won, now let's go," Seokjin sighed, reluctantly accepting his role as the most mature one in the gang.

Clearly he was the only feeling uncomfortable by the fact that they were stalking their friends in the hallway like a couple of amateur assassins who could get caught any minute.

When it became obvious the other two weren't budging, or even listening to his words, he cleared his throat in an attempt to gain their attention. They looked at him for a split second before going straight back to their argument.

"I'm telling you hyung, we need to see for ourselves. Right now we're only assuming they're together. You know what's better than possibility? Evidence" Namjoon proposed, trying to use reason in order to save his money.

"So want us all to storm in there and pretend we haven't been standing here for a while, listening in like a bunch of weirdos?" Yoongi replied sarcastically, smirking after hearing Seokjin's laughter at his blunt words.

"Guys be quiet, I can't hear anything in there anymore because of your inability to to be subtle," Hoseok hissed at the two, ears practically glued to the door as he tried to listen to what was going on inside the room.

"I wonder why you can't hear anything? Maybe it's because you're all about as quiet as a group of babbling baboons in an enclosure, or maybe it's because neither of us is deaf," Jimin responded flatly, opening the door to his room and consequently causing Hoseok to fall flat on his face.

"Shut up, your life would be biding without us and you know it," the dancer exclaimed truthfully, rubbing his aching back and sulking when the pain intensified after standing up.

His facial expression caused Taehyung to burst out laughing and pat him on the shoulder supportively, not looking very worried.

Yoongi reached up to pull his brother into a bear hug unexpectedly.

"You're a man now Jiminie, I should be calling you hyung," he joked before Hoseok jumped at the two of them, waning to join in.

"Group hug!" he shouted enthusiastically pushing both of them to the ground and lying on top of them.

After a few seconds the others joined in and piled on top of each other, creating a tall sandwich that involved Yoongi getting squished and Namjoon's smug face staring up at them from the top.

"Jimin, your is on my face. Move it now," he threatened causing Jimin to giggle and continue to smother his complaining brother.

"Chimchim and Kookie sitting in a tree - K.I.S.S.I.N.G" Hoseok began to sing obnoxiously, much to the amusement of Seokjin and Namjoon who started to join in and the embarrassment of the newly formed couple.

Jungkook somehow caught Taehyung's eyes. He froze, anxiously questioning what he would think of the new relationship. Suprisingly, a slow smile made its way across his twin's face and he nodded at him meaningfully.

Instantly, all the guilt that had been building up evaporated and he nodded back, relieved.

This silent communication was something that had been present in their behaviour since they were toddlers. A series of nods, smiles or hums could convey the longest of messages when they needed it to. It was a skill that had confused their parents and schoolmates for years.

They both went right back to focusing on what was going on but Hoseok, who had been observing their interaction also smiled contently. Everything would be alright between those two, it seemed.

The seven of them were all completely different but still somehow managed to effortlessly click when they were in a room together.

This was a kind of friendship that some people never get to experience their entire lives. Hoseok was determined to make it last and subconsciously, he knew it would. Forever.


The End

 

xx

OH MY GODDD!!

I'm finally finished!! Hope you guys like the ending :)))
I should have posted this earlier but life happens.......

Anyway, we all finally got our Jikook ending which is what we've been waiting for ARGHHHH!!!!!

It feels weird, this is the first book I've ever finished so I have mixed feelings about ending this. Nothing I ever do satisfies me so maybe it's just me.

The weirdest thing is that this was meant to be a one shot at first, can't believe it dragged out for this long.

Anyway, thank you for reading this and commenting. I can't imagine why so many people like this but thank you thank you thank you!!!

the_raging_midgit