Friendship

Forever, We Are Young

 

They left the parlour with a much happier Jimin and thoughts of going there together more frequently. Just before the four of them got to Jungkook and Jimin's room, they spotted Seokjin, Namjoon and a grumpy looking Yoongi standing outside their door. They were carrying drinks and pizza boxes, much to the delight of the rest. 

"Jin hyung thought that it would be a good idea for us all to have some 'bonding' time" Namjoon muttered, eyes downcast. Yoongi, who was standing next to him, grunted in reply and entered the room after his brother who didn't seem to be overly bothered by his presence.

Namjoon's dislike for Yoongi wasn't a secret. To say that they were both comfortable to be this near each other was a massive understatement. However, things were getting much better, especially between Jimin and Yoongi.

It was as if the younger of the two was starting accept the fact that it was wrong to put the sole blame on his brother, who had equally suffered at the hands of the horrible pair that had given birth to them.

A few hours later and the seven students were laughing, joking and teasing each other like they'd all been friends for years. They all seemed to bring something different to the group.

Now that Namjoon was slowly getting over his distrust for Yoongi, he served as the wise one out of them; often shocking some of the others with his poetic, well thought out words. It felt as though his age and maturity clashed at times.

Seokjin was the most motherly out of them, making sure that everyone had enough to eat and no one was making a mess of the room.  

They all couldn't help but notice just how deep Yoongi's love for his brother ran. He wasn't overbearing with his affection but watched from a distance, checking that he was comfortable as well as doing the same for the rest.

In other words, making sure he was the last to eat and that no one needed anything before settling down himself.

Hoseok was the biggest mood maker in the room. The dancer was constantly doing something or another that made everyone laugh. Whether it was an exaggerated dance move or an hilarious impersonation, he never failed to uplift everyone's spirits from his antics.

Taehyung or 'Blank Tae" as they started calling him, occasionally confused them with his conflicting sides. At times he would appear naive and innocent but then suddenly surprise them with mature words that made them rethink everything they'd assumed about his personality.

He was also extremely easy to get along with - never got angry, upset or had a mean word to say about anyone and treated everyone in the same friendly manner that made it impossible to feel uncomfortable around him.

Jungkook, the maknae of the group, had a massive competitive streak. It was something that they realised early on when they all bet who could eat the most slices of pizza in a minute. His aggressive tearing of multiple slices was something that would continue to traumatise Seokjin in memory. Although at times painfully shy, he seemed to be becoming more and more confident with them every day.

Jimin, or 'Chimchim' as Hoseok loved to call him, was often the main target of their lighthearted teasing, never seeming to get overly offended or hurt and usually gave back as good as he got. He and Hoseok were the usual instigators when it came down to crazy behaviour, with Taehyung joining in after a few seconds of laughing.

"Hey, hey, I've got an idea. Let's play play a game," It was Taehyung who made the suggestion from Jungkook's bed where he was sat.

"Awesome! Which one?" Hoseok responded excitedly while the others nodded in agreement.

"What about Truth Or Dare?" Jimin suggested "Or Never Have I Ever?"

"Nah, lets try something different, those are too typical. Trust me, it'll be fun. It's called the Mafia game. I'll be the moderator." Yoongi smirked at Jimin's groan knowing the other hadn't played this with him in a while. He chuckled evilly in his head, already making plans for his poor little brother.

"How do you play?" Seokjin asked on behalf of some of the others who were also confused. "We'll play the simplified verson since its the first time. So, out of the six of you I'll choose two mafias and the rest of you are civilians. The goal is to work together to eliminate the mafia. However you won't know who they are. They'll know who the civilians are, but you won't know who the mafia are. At the end if there are more mafia members than civilians, they win. Any questions?"

"How do we eliminate people?" Namjoon asked curiously.

"At the end of each round I'll ask you to point to the person who you think is a mafia member and they have twenty seconds to change your mind before everyone votes whether or not they should survive or be killed. You'll find out if they were a citizen if they get eliminated. Let's start, everyone look down and cover your eyes. Don't open them until I tell you to. I'm going to choose now."

Yoongi picked the two he wanted as mafia members by patting them on the back gently. The two looked at each other before smiling and covering their eyes once again.

Once everyone opened their eyes, they all looked at each other suspiciously, trying to notice differences in behaviour.

"I straight away think Jin hyung looks guilty, " Namjoon laughed "He's probably the worst liar here," referring to Seokjin's nervous fidgeting.

"No, no. I've just never played this before so I'm a bit anxious. This is harder than I thought. You guys are all good actors - I don't suspect any of you," Seokjin argued.

"Hoseok hyung is being weirdly quiet too." Jimin commented, noticing that their loudest member had yet to say anything.

"I just can't think of anything to say right now. Besides, I'm trying to check who's suspicious" Hoseok replied confidently, pufling up his chest.

"Yeah, this is the most quiet I've heard from you in a while," Taehyung added, agreeing with Jimin.

"I think it's Namjoon hyung. He looks like he's just observing everyone secretly." Jungkook voiced, revealing his opinion on Namjoon's analytical behaviour.

"Alright guys, let's do the first vote. Everyone point at who you think should be eliminated" Yoongi intervened after the room went silent and they all just stared at each other, eyes narrowed.

They all pointed in different directions, with Hoseok and Namjoon pointing at Jin, Jungkook pointing at Namjoon and Taehyung and Jimin gesturing at Hoseok.

"I'll give you all a clue. One of the mafia members, isn't acting like himself," Yoongi gave away the small clue in an attempt to spice up the game.

Suddenly all fingers turned towards Hoseok who gaped at the onslaught of silent accusation. "It's not me! Really. I'm a citizen, I promise. If you guys kill me you'll help the mafia win. Think about it seriously before you decide." he earnestly pleaded looking into their eyes one by one in an attempt to persuade them.

"All those in favour of killing Hoseok point your thumbs down and if you think he's innocent put your thumbs up."

Everyone except for Jungkook and Jin's hand pointed down thus eliminating him. Hoseok, who couldn't believe he was out, jumped up and down in frustration before sagging back on the couch in defeat.

"Hoseok was a........citizen." the moderator revealed dramatically resulting in shocked gasps from the other members in the room who had began looking at each other speculatively.

"Right now there are three citizens and two mafia members amongst you." Yoongi revealed to the rest mysteriously.

"It has to be Jin hyung then. A hundred percent. I told you guys from the beginning." It was Namjoon again.

This time it was Taehyung who spoke up "You know hyung, you've been awfully determined to get Seokjin hyung out of the game. It's all a bit suspicious. And before, you happily voted for Hoseok who you didn't even think was guilty,"

Seokjin who had been sitting next to the current lavender haired lawyer nodded his head furiously, silently agreeing with the other's words. The other two also nodded along, having had made up their minds. This caused all four players to point at Namjoon when Yoongi asked who they thought the mafia member was.

"Namjoon you have a few seconds, convince everyone it's not you,"

"First of all, I'm really passionate about getting Jin hyung out because I'm determined that he's one of the mafia. You guys might be getting tricked by him but I know all of his faces, guilty included. So don't take the risk of getting rid of me and letting the mafia overtake us. If one more citizen dies, we lose. So think about it hard,"

"Time to decide. Thumbs up or thumbs down. Three....Two....One"

Except for Jimin, who'd looked thoroughly convinced by the speech, the others had their thumbs facing downwards in indication that they approved of Namjoon's elimination.

"And.....OUT!

"Namjoon was actually a.........mafia!!!" Yoongi shouted excitedly. Jungkook, Seokjin, Taehyung and Jimin all smiled and cheered loudly at the mafia's elimination.

"Jimin's the only one who voted Namjoon innocent when he tried to kill me. Are you working with him? If so, you're not exactly being subtle." Jin accused Jimin who had began shaking his head rapidly.

"Jimin you've got a few seconds to plead your innocence to the group," Yoongi grinned evilly at his brother before waiting for him to start with his defence.

"Wha......no......I-" speechless, he took a deep breath before started again. "I really thought he was innocent his speech was convincing. Really. If I was working with him I'd try to kill more of you off instead of sitting here quietly,"

"Okay, all in favour of Jimin's elimination,"

All three faced their thumbs down while Jimin face palmed and slopped down on the couch with Hoseok, defeated.

"Honestly, Jiminnie at this game so badly. He always loses. I've never seen anyone who's worse but then again, I've just seen Hoseok so maybe they're tied. Anyway, he was just a guilty looking civilian." Yoongi admitted to the rest who all looked betrayed at the fact that there was still a hidden, cunning mafia still within them.

"It's getting harder now. If one more civilian dies, the mafia win. Between the three of us, I don't know who's guilty. Maybe it's Taehyung hyung who's barely said anything the entire time. You also passionately accused Hoseok who was innocent" Jungkook noticed observantly.

"I've said some stuff. But I think it's you. You're usually really competitive but today you just seem to be silently observing everyone. Most likely lurking until you win right?" Taehyung counteracted evenly.

"I agree with Jungkook. I feel like Taehyung is being far too quiet, unlike his usual self. He's only said a few words this entire game and those were against a citizen," Seokjin added.

"I just don't want us to lose. Besides, I'm scared that anything I say will be used against me. Just remember that if you kill me, the game is over. The mafia win" the current, lavender haired suspect argued.

"All in favour for Taehyung's elimination thumbs down," Yoongi announced to the suddenly silent room.

Both Jungkook and Jin confidently lowered their thumbs in order to kill Taehyung. As soon as they did this, he got off the bed and sat next to Namjoon on the other bed. Yoongi announced the results.

"This is hilarious. The turn of events are so unexpected because guess what guys? Taehyung was a damn CITIZEN! The mafias win the game!" Yoongi shouted loudly.

At this point, to the shock of all but two, Seokjin started jumping on the bed victoriously whilst laughing happily. Namjoon ran up to him and they began celebrating their win with shouts of winning and energetic bear hugs.

The others, still confused at how Seokjin who they hadn't suspected for a second, had manged to trick them all. Clearly the couple had formed a diabolically successfully plan that won them the game, much to the disappointment of the rest.

"That was so awesome," Jungkook grinned, glad that they'd had so much fun in their first game.

"Yeah, I was a bit worried at first since it was our first time and all. It was so entertaining" agreed Hoseok with his trademark Cheshire cat smile. "I never would have thought it was him. You're such a good actor," he told Seokjin who only smiled calmly and reminded him that he was about to finish his acting degree, much to the amusement of everyone else.

They stayed up for most of the night; spent time playing more games, joking around, talking about themselves, their families and dreams. They became a very close knit group that very night - forming bonds that would last a lifetime.

Taehyung and Hoseok ended up passed out on Jimin's bed, draped over each other ungracefully. Their soft snores and unawareness of their surroundings resulted in lots of meme worthy photos ending up on the giggling Jungkook and Jimin's phones.

Since it was really late and no one was ready to travel to the other side of the university, they decided to sleep there for the night. Yoongi took dibs on the sofa and jokingly threatened anyone else who wanted it. Luckily, for the sake of their future, no one was suicidal enough to fight with him for it.

Namjoon and Seokjin decided to share Jungkook's bed while the two hosts took the floor. Thankfully there were many blankets in their storage room which prevented them from freezing to death.

That however, didn't stop the floor from being extremely hard and his worries about rampant spiders getting in his ears while he was sleeping kept him awake for the majority of the night. He was one hundred percent certain that he would wake up with a sore back and aching muscles tomorrow. Friends or not, neither of them were sleeping over in his tiny room again.

Human spines were not made to be slept on the floor, it was the twenty first century and shockingly, beds were a thing now. Even though it was nice that there were all in the same place, he wasn't as selfless as Jimin, who compared to Jungkook, was an angel from heaven. Instead, he complained and grouched whenever he had to do something nice for someone, regardless of whether he liked them or not.

 If it were any of his friends back home, there would be now way that he was doing this. But this lot grew on him in such a short time, it was almost scary but that didn't make it any less fun.