A Day Out

Forever, We Are Young

 

"So here's the plan; we split up and go everywhere we want to and then meet up again in three hours. Everyone understand?" Namjoon asked. They were currently in Lotte world, the biggest theme park in Seoul. Initially, all of them were meant to go together as it was Saturday but Yoongi's manager asked him to come in to work because they were short on staff. He couldn't decline since he'd already missed a few days. He'd been grumbling about it all week, demanding that they not have 'too much fun' without him.

He worked at a café, something that they all cracked up at after hearing. They couldn't imagine the ever cold Yoongi serving beverages with a smile on this face. Of course, as his friends, they all had to check for themselves and they kept going back ever since, much to their amusement and Yoongi's annoyance. Unfortunately he had no reason to kick them out, since all they were doing was laughing at his fluffy pink apron and spending money. 

Jungkook and Taehyung were so excited to go to the amusement park that they had always seen on tv and their excitement was contagious.

They all had maps, their tickets and were ready for a day of excitement away from studies. The six of them couldn't agree on where to go so they decided to split up; Seokjin and Namjoon wanted to eat at a nearby café before attempting any of the rides, Hoseok and Taehyung couldn't wait to go on the bumper cars and wreak havoc, Jungkook insisted that they go on all the rollercoasters first and Jimin said nothing, quietly observing.

Staying together would waste time since their plans were so different and it would be nightfall by the time they did what everyone wanted.

After Namjoon, their proxy leader, announced the time they needed to be back at their meeting spot, they all scattered in different directions. Jungkook excitedly pointed to the tallest, most terrifying looking rollercoaster and half ran, half jogged towards it.

Jimin followed him slowly, dragging his feet and wishing he'd gone to the café with the other two instead. He could have eaten nice food and sat on a chair that wouldn't move. Simple and calm.

They joined the queue and the closer they got to entering the ride, the paler Jimin got. Jungkook was none the wiser and kept rambling, "How long do you think it'll last? I hope it's worth all this queuing. I haven't been on a rollercoaster in ages, can't wait," the last time he went on one was when he and Taehyung snuck out of one of their school lessons with a couple of friends and had a whole day of fun.

"I know right. Same, it's been a while," Jimin laughed nervously, his voice strained. He didn't want to look weak or pathetic so he pretended he wasn't absolutely terrified. It wasn't like the rides were very long anyway, a couple of minutes at most. He should be able to get through with his body in one piece.

"Are you okay? You're not acting like yourself," the taller of the two pondered, worried about the change in his roommate. He's not scared is he? No, he wouldn't have joined the queue if he was, he relaxed at the thought.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just excited that's all," the orange haired boy forced a wide smile in an attempt to convince the other of his feelings.

Jungkook, not exactly a genius when it came noticing emotions and facial expressions, smiled back, cute bunny teeth gleaming. He placed his large but soft hand over Jimin's smaller one without thinking. 

"Same. C'mon hyung, I don't want to lose you in the crowd. Besides if I did, you'd be lost forever," he teased, hoping to uplift Jimin's mood by engaging in their usual banter and making fun of his height. But regardless of what the other boy said, it was obvious he wasn't entirely comfortable. He just hoped it wasn't because of him or because he would rather go with the others instead. That thought stayed at the back of his mind, bothering him. 

"Hey! What did you just say? Take it back. Jungkookie! Hey, stop laughing," he demanded hotly but the younger kept walking ahead of him, laughing deeply which made many people around them turn around curiously. However, that could partially be due to the fact that Jimin was half jogging to catch up to the raven, even though their hands were still connected.

Jungkook suddenly stopped causing Jimin to crash into him from behind, which caused both of them to stumble slightly. The black haired boy turned around at the same time the other boy looked up. The two ended up accidentally making eye contact and neither wanted to be responsible for breaking the intense moment.

He looks so kissable, I've never seen a man with lips that look this good, Jungkook thought, his eyes not breaking contact with the older's plump, pink lips. His breath hitched and the more he stared, the more entranced he became.

Luckily for him, his partner didn't notice his gawking since his own eyes were busy roaming the face of the first year intently. His eyes admired the strong jawbone, the milky smooth skin and even the adorable beauty spot that marked the younger's neck. He was wearing his usual, baggy white t-shirt; a beanie and black skinny jeans. But then again, Jimin was certain that Jeon Jungkook could still look hot wearing rags.

Jungkook broke the sudden staring contest with an awkward cough when he noticed they were blocking the queue and the people around them were becoming impatient. This startled Jimin and shook him out of his daze. He started making his way towards the ride again with the younger in tow. This time it was Jimin who linked their hands together securely.

They fingers fit like a matching puzzle piece and all Jungkook could do was not show any outward reaction. Inside, he was freaking out and fangirling. His heartbeat was starting to quicken and his palms were beginning to sweat against his will, making them clammy and gross. 

Does this mean anything? Do guys normally hold each others hands and I'm overreacting? He asked himself before along schooling his expression and looking around the theme park.

They made their way to the front and were handed waterproof suits that slightly damp from previous use. While one of the male workers was hoping Jimin strap his one on, another worker approached Jungkook with a cheerful smile. He gulped and looked down, hoping that she would ignore him since he'd managed to fix his jacket by himself.

His blatant shyness when around the female gender was something that his brother about endlessly but he never got over. All he knew was that he had always felt uncomfortable and unsure around girls. Growing up in a male environment and attending a boys only high school hadn't helped him in any way either. His reaction did not deter the long haired, young worker in the slightest; if anything, her smile got wider.

"Hi, I'm Nayeon. Do you need any help getting your jacket on?" She asked eagerly. He shook his head rapidly before looking over and spotting Jimin who was staring at them curiously from a distance. Nayeon noticed his line of sight and giggled, "Is that your boyfriend? He looks slightly jealous, it's cute,"

His eyes widened and he immediately began spluttering out an unintelligible reply, "No-.....we're not...it's not like that-" words failed him and he ended up just gaping in response. They both turned to Jimin who had yet to break eye contact with either of them.

"If you say so," she winked, "But you better snatch up that hot thing before anyone else does because between you and me...." she leaned in and whispered, "I think he likes you, a lot," before walking away, leaving Jungkook lost for words and dramatically turning redder by the second.

A few, rushed actions later and the two boys were on the water ride. Luckily for them they didn't have to share the mini boat with other people and they spread themselves out, sitting opposite each other.

The ride had yet to start and Jimin took the opportunity to break the silence, "So that girl just now, she was quite pretty," he noted awkwardly, causing the younger to look at him weirdly.

"Was she? I didn't even notice," Jungkook muttered, rolling his eyes, still annoyed by her passing words.

Jimin's eyes slightly widened in shock before they fleeted around nervously, "What were you-....never mind," he stopped himself causing the other to look at him in curiosity.

The ride started moving slowly and Jimin began praying for his survival. His chanting mutters attracted Jungkook's attention, "I didn't know you were Christian," he murmured thoughtfully, wondering how that little tidbit escaped his knowledge.

The elder shot him a dangerous look, "We can share secrets and braid each other's hair later, right now, we might not make it out of this alive," he snapped, eyes focusing heavenward, causing the raven to chuckle amusedly. Seeing the constantly upbeat and optimistic Jimin this bothered was funny.

"Never took you for a chicken," he teased, trying to lighten the situation, knowing that they'd be there for a while.

The ride suddenly jolted, causing their hearts to leap out of their chests.

"No, no, no," his voice grew louder after each protest, "Jungkook get me off. I don't want to be on this anymore. I want to be back on the ground which I know for definite won't move," his panicking was beginning to increase tenfold and Jungkook wished he was sitting closer so he could comfort him. The younger hadn't been aware of the intensity of his roommate's fear.

He opened his mouth to say something and it was at that point when the ride reached its roller coaster speed. Under normal circumstances, for example if Taehyung was with him, he'd be enjoying the speed and the thrill it bought. But right now he was with Jimin who was screaming at the top of his lungs in a high pitched voice that didn't seem to be getting hoarse anytime soon.

By the time the torture had ended, they were both soaked and disgruntled. The waterproof jackets hadn't stopped them from getting completely wet. Now that they were back on solid ground, they both felt relieved and avoided looking at the pictures of them that were snapped by the ride cameras.

He appreciated the water clinging on to Jimin's black t-shirt revealing solid abs that contrasted with the elder's boyish face. 

He hadn't noticed how built his roommate was before (it's not like he ever saw him at the gym) and kept his gaze firmly focused on the orange haired student's abdomen. Preferring eating and sleeping to exercise, a six pack had never impressed him before, but one glance at these and he wanted to see more.

Wearing a shirt should be officially banned if your name is Park Jimin. Imagine seeing that glorious sight without that offensive material getting in the way, he thought indecently, comforted by the fact that the other boy wasn't a mind reader. 

"Like what you see, Jungkookie," Jimin's smirk snapped him out of his musings. Knowing that his not so subtle eye molestation was detected, he had the decency to look away - embarrassment making the tips of his ears feel warm.

"Look, there's a candy floss machine!" Jungkook pointed excitedly, changing the subject,"I haven't eaten candy floss in years. I wonder if it still tastes the same," the younger sprinted ahead, looking younger than his age for the first time Jimin had seen him.

A few minutes later and the raven was happily digging into the large, pink, sugary concoction that he'd been drooling over. Floss was covering his mouth and the tip of his nose, which he was painfully unaware of. It took all of Jimin's self control to not laugh at the messy, childish look on his control freak of a roommate.

He reached out to wipe the younger's bottom lip, only for the younger to duck out of the way with a mischievous grin, "I refuse to be the heroine in a chick flick, no way, nuh uh," he shook his head and the floss off himself, slowly.

"Why not? You'd make a good heroine Jungkook. You've certainly got the the voice and figure for it anyway, " this time it was Jimin's turn to duck and run as the younger began chasing him around the amusement park. The fact that he was laughing so hard he was practically wheezing, the sight of Jungkook trying to look threatening while holding candyfloss and the raven's unnatural speed all contributed to him getting caught - quickly.

"I'm sorry, let me go," Jimin giggled as Jungkook held his hands behind his back, holding him captive.

"And why should I?" was the instant response, accompanied by a playful smirk.

"Please Jungkookie, let your favourite hyung go," he pouted in response causing the younger to falter for a few seconds before looking away.

"Jungkookie, the girl you were talking about? She isn't here right now. You're talking to officer Jeon, " he growled in Jimin's ear. They had an intense stare off before the serious facade broke and they both burst out laughing.

"Are you feeling better now? I'm glad you managed to get through the entire thing, " he was proud of how far the other had come in the last few minutes; from looking like he'd have a panic attack to normal again.

"I'm terrified of rollercoasters, always have been," Jimin admitted shyly, causing Jungkook's eyes to soften.

"Why did you force yourself to go on it? I wouldn't have said anything if you told me," he asked quickly, not understanding.

"I don't want you to think I'm a wimp. You're not scared of anything and then there's me; heights, rollercoasters, spiders, the dark. I might as well not leave the house ever again," Jimin started wryly, giving a self deprecating smile that tugged at Jungkook's heartstrings.

"Who said I have no fears?" He snorted at the ridiculous statement, "Jeon Jungkook's fears are; girls, bugs, failure, public speaking. I could go on but I've made my point. Fears don't define us, we all have them. But it's about how we manage them and you're braver than you think hyung, much braver than me," the raven pointed out passionately, wanting to convince the other of the truth and not understanding why someone this amazing was so insecure.

"Girls?" the rhetorical question was asked incredulously before Jimin burst out laughing, eyes crinkling up adorably and Jungkook's heart lightened; as long as the other was smiling like that, he didn't mind if the joke was at his expense.

"Yeah yeah, laugh all you want to. I'm hurt my social awkwardness makes you this happy, you bully," he shook his head, faking disappointment. By this point Jimin was laughing so hard he practically had tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, it's just that..." he paused to gasp for air, "You do know that they make up half the population?" he asked jokingly.

"Hey, it's not old women and babies that are the problem. It's everyone in the middle. Anyway, I've managed for eighteen years, I'm not completely hopeless," he mumbled the last bit defensively.

"Alright alright, I'll stop. How about we go on a calmer ride this time? The teacups look fun," Jimin pointed excitedly at the ride in front of them. It looked fast enough to ride but to slow to raise his heart rate to dangerous levels - perfect.

If Jungkook didn't like the idea of going on a 'kiddy' ride, he didn't say anything. If anything, he smiled happily at the orange haired boy's newfound courage and told him to "lead the way".

Baby steps, it all takes baby steps, Jungkook thought slowly, wanting to hold the shorter boy's hand but stopping himself at the last minute, after all, we all start somewhere.

 


 

 

A/N: First of all, 44 subscribers!!! WHAT THE HELL?? But seriously, thank you to anyone who's read, commented and subscribed to this book; it makes my day :D.

Anyway, please don't be shy to tell me what you think or want - I'll definitely respond. A few of you already have and some of your comments have cracked me up lmao.

I always tell myself to write something that I'd want to read so I hope this book is good enough. Never knew how awkward reading your own work would be before becoming a writer. Hmm, maybe it's just me :p